• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

logging in but not being logged in

Crothian

First Post
Some people have been having trouble logging in. They log in, get the thank you for logging in screen, and then the message boards load and they are not logged in. Any ideas to help them?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Crothian said:
Some people have been having trouble logging in. They log in, get the thank you for logging in screen, and then the message boards load and they are not logged in. Any ideas to help them?

Yeah, I had that problem at first. Here's how I fixed it (note that the cookie settings have changed in the last 24 hours, so if people tried this before and it didn't work, they should try again):

1. Delete all cookies.
2. Ensure you are using the http://enworld.org/forums/index.php URL, not enworld.cyberstreet.com.

It solved the problem for me.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I don't know who changed something Admin-ishly between last night and this afternoon, but thank you.

The cookie thing and changing urls was not helping me. At least not until today. :)

Angcuru

First Post
Hey, finally I get logged in.

I've been trying to get back onto E.N.World for some time, but I keep getting the "Thank you for logging in, Angcuru." message, and then I get sent right back to the sign in screen. This may be the only time I get through, but I hope not. :(

Emiricol

Morrus said:
Yeah, I had that problem at first. Here's how I fixed it (note that the cookie settings have changed in the last 24 hours, so if people tried this before and it didn't work, they should try again):

1. Delete all cookies.
2. Ensure you are using the http://enworld.org/forums/index.php URL, not enworld.cyberstreet.com.

It solved the problem for me.

I passed this info on to a colleague who is having trouble logging on. He said it worked, but just now reports to me that it is doing it again.

What else could cause this problem? He can't use the forums if he can't log on :)

Angcuru said:

I've been trying to get back onto E.N.World for some time, but I keep getting the "Thank you for logging in, Angcuru." message, and then I get sent right back to the sign in screen. This may be the only time I get through, but I hope not. :(

Alright guys, you just heard it. Plan A failed, time to go to Plan B!

:)

joe b.

Angcuru said:

Alright guys, you just heard it. Plan A failed, time to go to Plan B!

:)

joe b.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads