• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long Island GameDay Fall 2009

Cassander

First Post
I'm pretty close to deciding to run a Sin City Dread game. Just gotta figure out some details and post a description. And then there's finding the time to get it ready, as I'm very busy the next few weeks with moving and all.

John Crichton

First Post
I'm pretty close to deciding to run a Sin City Dread game. Just gotta figure out some details and post a description. And then there's finding the time to get it ready, as I'm very busy the next few weeks with moving and all.
Good luck with the move. :)

I wouldn't really be interested in a Sin City game as I've never read or seen any of it. But I'm sure others would be.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
What's the Sin City game like, like the movie?

I'm not sure how much I want to play Dread. I like it but have to be in the mood for it.

John Crichton

First Post
Also, Frai and I haven't played your Cronus game, though I'm not sure if we're the only ones.
I'm sure there are a few folks that haven't played it. I ran it like 8 times so it would pretty much have to be a sequel at this point. And like any good sequel, no experience from the first would be needed. :)

I really did like the characters from that run and the players really seemed to enjoy them. I actually created them with a few specific CMers in mind. The starlet was targeted directly at Queenie and Dangergirl. Luckily they both played the character. :D

If I did do it, I wouldn't run it as d20M. I'd use a simpler and more heroic system like M&M2.

Cassander

First Post
What's the Sin City game like, like the movie?

I'm not sure how much I want to play Dread. I like it but have to be in the mood for it.

Yeah, it should fit the feel of the movie, which reflects the comics pretty well. It'll be all new characters except for one. Think noir with an (un)healthy dose of violence. Flawed heroes struggling against a corrupt and monstrous world.

Dire Wolf

First Post
I would be interested in a Sin City game... loved the movie, haven't read enough of the comics yet, need to read more.

We need some more games! I can take a look and try to run something for either the Saturday AM or Sunday AM slot. So many new games I want to try, I'll have to figure out something soon...

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Oh mememememe!!

For something new this year - feel free to sign up to "run" a board game in a slot. This crew loves to play the board & card games but 11pm Sat night isn't always the best time to start running a 6 hour game. So if you think you want to play one of the longer board games create a thread and see if there is any interest!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads