• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

thegreyman

First Post
AC 17, HP 2 of 8, Prone

ooc: If possible, I'd like to do a Withdraw-Crawl, which should prevent AoO from the first ants surrounding me. I'm not sure if that's possible since a crawl is a move action, and a withdraw just doubles your move.

If I can't, I'd like to see if another ant gets killed and then do a Total Defense (standard) with a stand up (move) which will give any ant's AoO a AC 17 to hit me (-4 Prone, +4 Total Defense) and an AC of 21 for future attacks.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: What is the distance between us and the queen B4cchus? (Gotta know for some of my power ranges...)

Saithnar fires his crossbow at one of the large ants attacking the group. His shot is poor once again though...
OOC: Crossbow shot at #5 Ant - Saithnar crossbow shot at Ant #5 (1d20+2-4=10, 1d8=1)

Quint follows Saithnar's lead, but with even worse results as his arrow goes so wild it might be a danger to his companions.
OOC: Fire at #5 also, but rolled a 1 - Quint longbow shot into melee at Ant #5 (1d20+5-4=2, 1d6=2)

B4cchus

Explorer
Round 3 (cont)

Ant 4:
Ant 5: 6 damage
Ant 6: 9 damage
Queen: 4 damage

Saithnar fires his crossbow at one of the large ants attacking the group. His shot is poor once again though...

Quint follows Saithnar's lead, but with even worse results as his arrow goes so wild it might be a danger to his companions.

Krindorf tries to sneak his blade into the ants flesh but he fails to score a hit.

Jallembo steps back and pulls a glass bottle from a wooden container. He spends the rest of his time attempting to lit it up.

Dorrin retreats fron the fight by crawling back out of the ant's reach. After that he stands up at a safe distance from the ant.

NPC'ed characters:
Nura starts inciting arcane powers and as she finishes her last syllable a magical missle springs forth from her fingertip, flying directly at the Queen. It hits the queen, leaving a smoking hole in her chittin.

Munchin hits hit the ant in fornt of him with a powerfull uppercut. The chitin cracks as his fist makes contact wityh the ant.

Landers steps behind Jallembo, healing him for 5hp.

The three ants strike back!
One ant attempts to grab Jamilee but again, the nimble elf proves too nimble for the ant's snapping mandibles.

Another one turns it's attention to Krindorf but fails to hit him.

Munchin is bitten by the ant in front of him. The ants grabs the monk, burrying it's mandibles deep in his flesh. Munchin passes out from the attack and the ant immdiately drops him. (Munchin took 8 damage, is now unconscious and prone)

Then the Queen advances. Hulking over the smaller ants, she attacks Jamilee with her huge jaws. Still busy dodging the smaller ant, Jams can't move quick enough to also evade the Queen. Jamilee is grabbed by the Queen (and took 11 damage in the process).

ooc: the queen is now just behind the three 'smaller' ants.

You guys go now as round 4 starts.

Robichaud

Explorer
"..hNF!"

The world seems to go gray around the edges as Jamilee finds herself on the very brink of consciousness.. in a pair of huge ant's jaws, to boot. With what little will is left to her, she forces herself to stay calm, go limp, and play dead for now -- there's the slim hope her comrades (cough) will be able to release her before the ant queen clamps down her jaws again, or maybe she'll lose interest if her prey doesn't struggle..

(OOC: Jamilee's staggered at 0 HP. Since she's in a bit of a fix, she'll delay and take her paltry single partial action after everyone else's, but before the ants, hoping she'll be free or at least able to influence the battle beyond killing herself. Also, since I'm crap when it comes to the minutiae of the grappling rules, a question: where's Jamilee currently located? In the queen's space, still in her old position, or elsewhere?)

Amaury

First Post
R4

Jallembo nods to his comrade as he feels the divine power healing him before he finally manages to get a spark which lights the flask. He knows Jamilee is grabbed by the queen but her size is big enough and it may get her to release her captive.

He takes a steps to his right to give himself a better angle and the enflamed flask flies in the air litting the ceiling of the cave before hitting the giant body of the ant. It splashes and the flames immediately invade a large portion of the queen's upper body.

[sblock=OOC]
molotov (1d20+4=17)
not sure what the damages are for first round, 1d6+1? nor next ones... please roll/advise..[/sblock]

thegreyman

First Post
AC 17, HP 2 of 8

Dorrin curses as he realizes that he needs to take a second to heal himself or he'll get dropped again. He pulls one of his healing potions out and drinks it down before stepping back into position.

ooc: Healing potion (1d8+1=4)drink and step back to front of party.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: well, my understandiug is that the ant is Giant so yes, enough space without harming Jamilee. if that's not the case, then make it a shortbow attack.

Remove ads