Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar switches tactis now that the queen has joined the fray. Holding his crossbow in his left hand, he points the index finger of his right hand at the queen and unleashes a double powered fiery energy ray at her. The ray shoots right towards her eyes, but she moves at the last moment not taking the full brunt of what could have been. Saithnar pulls his hand back and looks at his index finger with intensity then shakes it experimentally as if there is something wrong with it.

OOC: Fire Energy Ray at Queen (RTA) (1d20+2=22, 2d6+2=4) Possible Crit! (Augmented with extra PP to add 1d6+1 more damage)
Crit confirmation roll with Energy Ray (1d20+2=7, 2d6+2=6) Not likely a confirmed crit... :(
Jeez, best and worst luck, roll the lowest possible damage, but roll a crit, but can't confirm it... grrr
Saithnar- M Elan Psion 2 (HP: 11/11, AC: 15, PP: 3/11)

Quint also shoots at the queen, but his aim is off still and he misses...
Longbow shot at Queen ant (1d20+5=9, 1d6=1)
Quint - M Halfling Rogue 1 (HP: 7/7, AC: 18)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: first off, the ant queen is large (as big as ahorse) and second, since jamilee is being grappled, any ranged attack has a 50% chance of hitting either the queen or Jamilee (regardless of size of any of the two).
Phoenix: that includes fiery energy rays of death and rrows from Quint

Phoenix8008

First Post
B4cchus said:
ooc: first off, the ant queen is large (as big as ahorse) and second, since jamilee is being grappled, any ranged attack has a 50% chance of hitting either the queen or Jamilee (regardless of size of any of the two).
Even on a natural 20 that is a guaranteed hit? Or does that just make it guaranteed to hit ONE of the two...

Robichaud

Explorer
B4cchus said:
((OOC: The grappling stuff is a nightmare of strange mechanics and poorly defined rules -- just trying to figure out what happens when you throw a splash weapon at someone in one just about sprained my brain -- but yeah. Firing into a grapple is generally a Bad Idea; there's a good chance you'll hit Jams instead. My tactical recommendation: blast/shoot the damaged soldier ants instead. Clearing them will give our own melee fighters a chance to engage, now that the queen is graplling, can't take attacks of opportunity, and is vulnerable to sneak attacks.

To be honest, just ignoring the danger to Jamilee and firing at the Queen is an option too; Jamilee is as good as out of the fight already, unless she's hit by a stray attack doing more than 9 damage she'll still have a chance to survive, and dropping the Queen as fast as possible is not an altogether bad idea. It's a somewhat callous move, 'course, but so is Jamilee - she wouldn't blame you. Much. :))

Phoenix8008 said:
Even on a natural 20 that is a guaranteed hit? Or does that just make it guaranteed to hit ONE of the two...
((Sadly, the latter appears to be the case.))

((PS: Hang on - b4cchus, if the Queen is merely Large, and Large/Long instead of Large/Tall, doesn't she just have a 5ft reach to start, and isn't the whole point moot?))

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
ooc: Okay, if I can't be sure of avoiding Jamilee, Saithnar will aim his fiery ray at ant #6 instead. Quint won't matter since he misses anything anyway...

Ximix

First Post
OOC: Ximix's action depends on Munchin's condition and what Ximix can do for him.

[sblock=If Munchin can be fed a potion: ]Ximix will carefully (5' Move) pull Munchin back away from the front line and pour the contents of a potion down his throat. He is healed for 8. "I am taking one of Munchin's potions as I am out... we must release the young woman from the Queen before she expires." Again the Elven cleric's voice seems to be simply stating facts as he pulls the injured monk away from the front line and pours a potion down his throat.[sblock=Ximix Spells]Orisons (4)
Guidance, Guidance (+1 on one ATK, ST, or Skill), Light, Light (20 mins)

First Tier (3 +1 Domain)
Bless,Bless, Shield of Faith
Domain:Knowledge: Detect Secret Doors (2 Min)[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=If Munchin can Not be fed a potion: ]Ximix will carefully (5' Move) pull Munchin back away from the front line and cast one of his last Cure Minor Wounds upon him.
IC: "Fain-kalina Fallanelle" chants Ximix, stopping the flow of blood, but not closing Munchin's wounds completely. "I am down to my last and most minor of healing..." Again the Elven cleric's voice seems to be simply stating facts as he pulls the injured monk away from the front line and heals him.[sblock=OOC: ] Minor Healing from Light.[/sblock][sblock=Ximix Spells]Orisons (4)
Guidance, Guidance (+1 on one ATK, ST, or Skill), Light, Light

First Tier (3 +1 Domain)
Bless,Bless, Shield of Faith
Domain:Knowledge: Detect Secret Doors (2 Min)[/sblock][/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Indeed the Queen has no greater reach than 5' but that doesn't prevent her from attacking Jamilee (there is room for that without the extra reach).
Ximix can pull back Munchin and feed him a potion.

Round 4

Ant 4:
Ant 5: Dead
Ant 6: Dead
Queen: 7 damage

Saithnar points the index finger of his right hand at one of the ants and unleashes a double powered fiery energy ray at it. The ray shoots right towards it's eyes, but it moves at the last moment not taking the full brunt of what could have been. Saithnar pulls his hand back and looks at his index finger with intensity then shakes it experimentally as if there is something wrong with it. Nonetheless the ant drops to the ground, dead and smoking.

Quint shoots at the queen, but his aim is off still and he misses...

Jallembo, not wanting to burn Jamilee with his molotov, fires an arrow at one of the smaller ants instead. His arrow barely hit one of the ants but damages it nonetheless.

Dorrin curses as he realizes that he needs to take a second to heal himself or he'll get dropped again. He pulls one of his healing potions out and drinks it down before stepping back into position.

Ximix will carefully (5' Move) pulls Munchin back away from the front line and pour the contents of a potion down his throat. He is healed for 8. "I am taking one of Munchin's potions as I am out... we must release the young woman from the Queen before she expires." Again the Elven cleric's voice seems to be simply stating facts as he pulls the injured monk away from the front line and pours a potion down his throat.

Krindorf stabs at one of the ants but his sword fails to penetrate the hard armor of the creature.

Possum shoots another sling bullet from his sling. The small bullet hit's one of the heavily wounded ants straight on it's head. A fine crack forms on it's head as the creature sinks through it's legs.

Nura repeats her arcane gestures and fires another magic missle at the queen.

Munchin, healed by the magic of a potion, stands up and is open for business again. He steps back and gives the and that just knocked him out a good kick. Unfortunately, his foot just misses the ant.

Landers moves forward to perhaps heal Jamilee in the next round.

The Queen drops Jamilee's seemingly lifeless body and turns her attention to the other attackers. Her mighty jaws snap at Krindorf and hit. The dwarf takes 10 damage from the attack and is now grappled by the queen!

The other remaining ant snaps again itás jaws at Munchin but isn't able to hit him this time.

Now that Jamilee is safe from the dealy mandibles of the queen, Landers sees his chances and grabs her arm and pulls her away from the Queen.

ooc: Jamilee's delayed action can take place now.

Also, all you guys go again in round 5.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix surveys the battle to try to find the best use of his skills. Seeing Jami is not unconscious but simply playing dead as she now crawls away with Landers help, Ximix calls out to the grappled Krindorf: "Try playing dead a moment Krin, she'll drop you like she did Jami." The business-like tone of the Elf seems to have a bit of an "I hope" dip at the end...

OOC: delaying for now.

Amaury

First Post
R5

Jallembo curses as the Queen gets hold of the dwarf. I'll never be able to throw my burning oil! he complains for himself.

He thus continues to aim at the soldiers. His arrow hits the ant again, but the dim light conditions stop the young rogue determining whether the arrowhead has penetrated the body of the ant.

OOC
r5 shortbow (1d20+4=16, 1d6=3)
not taking into account any flanking if possible.

Remove ads