Long wait times to access pages.

Greg K

Legend
Today, I have been having longer than normal wait times to access the site and individual forum pages. There is a note at the bottom of my browser "Waiting for enworld.org" lasting 6 or 7 seconds, then some other things google statistics and adclick, and then, possibly, another "Waiting for enworld.org". I don't have this problem with other sites

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I'm having this exact problem today/now. Was fine earlier, now it's taking [what seems] "forever."

I cleared the cookies/cache, as that can sometimes pile up and slow things down, but no change. And, while it is conceivable it could just be my connection having some temporary slow-down issue, as Greg K notes, it doesn't seem to be other sites.

Sooo....anyone else? What's being done behind the scenes today?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm experiencing this too.

Plus, when I try to get to the threads that are part of my World of Kulan social group forum, it says this:

502 Bad Gateway

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have about 4000 people online right now. That's a lot. Server is not coping well - all we can do is wait for traffic to die down .

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
The site is next to unusable. This can't still be just "high traffic" from Wed...and is MUCH worse/slower. Not getting Error messages or anything. Just taking long gaps [the longest, I think, I've ever experienced on this site without an error message] to get to ANY page/forum, settings, my profile...doesn't matter what you click on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The site is next to unusable. This can't still be just "high traffic" from Wed...and is MUCH worse/slower. Not getting Error messages or anything. Just taking long gaps [the longest, I think, I've ever experienced on this site without an error message] to get to ANY page/forum, settings, my profile...doesn't matter what you click on.

The traffic has been back to normal for a few days now, and the site's moving along just fine. Google Analytics shows it's all back to normal with normal load times of under 1 second across the board. I wonder if there's some kind of routing issue between you and the server?

Remove ads