Long wait times to access pages.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Could be. I don't really know about that kind of stuff. I am also travelling and staying with a friend . I suppose it could be a connection speed issue with the service I'm currently on. But I've been here before and using his wifi has never been this slow. We'll see how things roll when I'm back in my homestead tomorrow night/Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

PS: Getting this page to finally load to be able to read your response was over 10 minutes of "waiting for enworld..." And it's not loading with "send reply" buttons at the bottom...so I can't actually send this message now/from Quick Reply. I'm going to Copy/paste this into a "Reply to Thread" instead of the Quick reply and see how that goes/much longer that is.
------------------------------

Without an iota of exaggeration, 9 minutes...from when I clicked "Reply to thread" to get this page to load for me to type this.

Also, ignore my hypothesizing above about connection speed, every other site is loading and changing/loading pages lickity split. No one else where is having any loading slow downs with their computers/phones/other sites.

No. It's definitely EN World. It may be something between myself and EN world/the servers...but it is assuredly and exclusively trouble with accessing/loading EN world.

Anywho, as I said, enjoy your day. We'll see how things are when I get home/tomorrow.

Happy Sunday.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
PS: Getting this page to finally load to be able to read your response was over 10 minutes of "waiting for enworld..."

Under a second for me. Server load is low. The server couldn't take 10 minutes anyway - it'd throw an error up after a minute or so if it was the server. I'm definitely betting on a routing issue in between somewhere.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
AH! You may be onto something with this DNS thing, [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION].

After looking up what that meant/does...I found this: http://www.computerworld.com/article/2477215/internet/why-can-t-comcast-run-dns-servers-.html

And I am, here, in fact, on Comcast ("xfinity wifi"). So, albeit, again, no other site seems to have this issue...but it could definitely be this that is interfering with loading enworld well/properly.

So thanks for that. Again, I'll be home tonight so everything should be back to normal tomorrow (I hope). But good to know [as something to check/look for/change] for the future.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Looks like the DNS/"xfinity/Comcast" thing. I'm home now and there are no issues at all.

Need to keep that in mind in future travels.

darjr

I crit!
If you know how, or want to figure it out, there is a way you can mitigate the DNS issue in your PC. It's arcane and technical but will work.

Remove ads