• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Longest campaign you've run/played in?

What was your longest campaign?

• Huh? You mean they're supposed to last for more than a day?

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Only a few sessions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-6 months

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • 6 months to a year

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • A couple of years

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • 4+ years

Votes: 38 25.2%
  • It's the campaign that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...

Votes: 20 13.2%

Paradoxish

First Post
So, what was the longest campaign you've run or played in? For me, the most I've had a single campaign last is two years and that was probably only because it was only possible to meet once or twice a month.

What about the rest of you?

Eternalknight

First Post
Just over 12 months. And that is my current campaign. After a few false starts, the group is now happy and content with the way thnings are going, and so am I.

AussieDM

First Post
14 years... can you dig it!

Yep 13 years...

Started when I was 16 and I recently turned 30...

Must admit there was a hiaitus for 2-3 years there, but we only play semi regularly...

Home brew campaign, not serious just guys, pizza, beer and D&D...

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Re: 14 years... can you dig it!

AussieDM said:
Home brew campaign, not serious just guys, pizza, beer and D&D...

Wow. But, same world, continuing characters and all? Wow.

Longest I've even been in was a (obviously modified) Call of Cthulhu series of linked campaigns that went on for 6 years.

Thunhus

First Post
9 years. We played OD&D and I was DM. Players ended at 20+ level. I get frustrated because all kind of dominions, artifacts and high level power spells. We started a new campaing when 3e was launched. It was a great to play 1st level characters again.

Thunhus

Ysgarran

We have a campaign that was started in 1987. We don't play in that campaign very often but every once in a while we will get together to play those characters in a high level campaign. In fact, we just converted those characters to third edition and will be playing an epic level adventure on 15 Feb.

Bagpuss

Legend
Depends we usually only ever play one game setting for about 6 months at a time, but we often return to the same campaigns. We have had a AD&D campaign running that's in its 9th year I think, but there have been a number of breaks in that campaign.

Ascending Crane

First Post
All the campaigns I've ever DM'ed or known about end at (or before) 8th level. I have no idea why. For me, "Epic level" is... 9th or something.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My campaign is at 10 1/2 years with no hiatus, playing every other week. I've got another year or two to go, I think.

I think Sagiro's is around six or seven years at this point, too, and it's about half over.

Volaran

First Post
I marked down as a couple of years, but it was really just sort of over 19 months.

We played a group of characters from first level to thirtieth, and helped our DM forge the mythological age of his campaign world. There was a lot of emotional investment in that little group that set out from Jorus' Stand.

Since then, I've had the pleasure of playing a few short campaigns in the same world many hundreds of years later, and assisting in design of cultures, nations, religions and many other aspects of the place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads