• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a Buff Feat

Binho

First Post
I swear I saw a feat that increase the bonus to +2 of spells that grant some kind of bonus to abilities, but I can not remember where. Does anyone know this feat?
Nevermind. I already found, it is the ability enhancer feat. Thanks.

Last edited:

Binho

First Post
Wow! This is like Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace together with just one standard action. But I was thinking of something even more appealing. Well, fist I need clarification about the way you all interpret this feat:

Ability Enhancer
Type
: General
Sources: Dragon #325
Dungeon Compendium Vol. 1

Your helpful transmutation spells aid you more than normal.
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (transmutation)
Benefit: Any transmutation spell you cast that enhances ability scores increases the ability scores by +2 more than it normally does. For example, casting bull's strength with this feat grants the subject a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, instead of the usual +4 enhancement bonus.
Does this feat affect only transmutation spells that gives enhancement bonus? Or it affects all transmutation spells that enhances ability scores (no matter what kind of bonus)?

@RUMBLETiGER , Animalistic Power seems to be a powerful spell with this feat, but wait to see all your comrades tasty the Bite of *** spells series with this!!! That is not enough, of course: if you can use all types of bonus, you would want to see this faq: Sources of Bonuses to Ability Scores.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Wow! This is like Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace together with just one standard action. But I was thinking of something even more appealing. Well, fist I need clarification about the way you all interpret this feat:

Does this feat affect only transmutation spells that gives enhancement bonus? Or it affects all transmutation spells that enhances ability scores (no matter what kind of bonus)?

@RUMBLETiGER , Animalistic Power seems to be a powerful spell with this feat, but wait to see all your comrades tasty the Bite of *** spells series with this!!! That is not enough, of course: if you can use all types of bonus, you would want to see this faq: Sources of Bonuses to Ability Scores.
When I read ,"that enhances ability scores" it seems any transmutation that enhances ability scores.

With that said, is there examples of the difference?

Binho

First Post
When I read ,"that enhances ability scores" it seems any transmutation that enhances ability scores.

With that said, is there examples of the difference?

Let's say, you take the feat and cast these two spells:

Animalistic Power: Cleric 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Player's Handbook II 101
Aura of Vitality: Druid 7; +4 str (morale), +4 dex (morale), +4 con (morale), Spell Compendium 18

So, because of the feat, you would end up with: Str+10(+4enh,+6morale), Dex+10(+4enh,+6morale) and Con+10(+4enh,+6morale).
All bonuses would be affected by the feat? Sacred, morale, size, untyped, every single spell that gives a bonus would give +2 to the ability score.

Omegaxicor

First Post
What about Greater Bull's Strength which grants a +1 bonus per 2 caster levels? I can think of three ways this will work (I think it will be option 2):

1) Gain +3 per two caster levels
2) Gain +2 and +1 per two caster levels
3) Doesn't affect spells with non-static bonus

Binho

First Post
What about Greater Bull's Strength which grants a +1 bonus per 2 caster levels? I can think of three ways this will work (I think it will be option 2):

1) Gain +3 per two caster levels
2) Gain +2 and +1 per two caster levels
3) Doesn't affect spells with non-static bonus

I think the option 2 is the winner.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
All bonuses would be affected by the feat? Sacred, morale, size, untyped, every single spell that gives a bonus would give +2 to the ability score.
That's how I read it, yes!
This feat acts like a Metamagic, but it's not. There is no level adjustment, no higher spell slot, etc. It's just an untyped bonus across the board, wherever it applies. Which is incredible.

Remove ads