• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a CRPG with no attachments

Jasperak

Adventurer
Hey all you gear heads, I am looking for a CRPG that I can play on my laptop that doesn't necessitate a lot of remembering or map making. Something I can play for maybe a half hour or so at a time. But it must not have the lethality of something like Nethack or other rogue-types. Diablo 2 maybe?
Any advice?

Signed,
Looking for CRPG love in all the wrong places.

P.S. MM2, POR, and EOB are my fav loves.

I believe late in Neverwinter Nights' life, it got an expansion called Infinite Dungeons (something like that) that was just what it says on the tin.

Even if I'm wrong, NWN has tons and tons and tons of user-created content, much of which is pure hack'n'slash fun.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Torchlight - cheap and a good bit like Diablo 2, hack and slash fun.

If your system can play it, The Witcher, should be able to find it at discount.

Thanee

First Post
Torchlight was my first thought, too.

Other than that, maybe the Temple of Elemental Evil (with the unofficial circle of eight patches !!!) would be a good fit.

Pretty much all CRPGs these days have decent automapping, so that part should not be a problem.

Bye
Thanee

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Throne of Darkness. It's kind of like a samurai version of Diablo 2. You can control a total of 4 samurai (out of 7) at the same time.

Here's a review:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leGg7QkMCzQ&]YouTube - Throne of Darkness Review[/ame]

Last edited:

Remove ads