• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a good story time thread! your recomendations please...

Lela

First Post
Wee Jas said:
Oh.. try this too Rape of Morne

You'll have to dig for the 1st 2 parts of the storyhour. I got the complete thing in word Doc. Very good. Very Epic. I got a TON of great ideas from reading it.

Um, Vek. . .Ur, uh, Wee Jas. That's what these are:

BiggusGeekus said:

So, Wee Jas, if you're looking for yet more of my insightful posts, I can be found somewhere in there. :p

Sniktch

First Post
Hey, I'll plug myself. The links to my Story Hours are in my sig, and do feature a drunken monk, for awhile at least.

Also, check out Capellan's Company of the Random Encounter, and read SepulchraveII - its the quintessential story hour.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Just going to add another voice in support of Sepulchrave II's story hours (see links noted above). It is one of the best written works I've read -- on par with some of the finest fantasy ever produced, and a credit to the players and their DM. There are not sufficient words of praise in English for this story hour. Read and be in awe.

Other recommendations: ForceUser's Vietnamese Story Hour -- excellent stuff, in a wonderfully realized world that feels "authentic," and I've never even been to Vietnam (so, I wouldn't know if it's authentic, but it sure is damn cool). The characters are outstanding (kudos to the players and DM), and the setting is as alive and as much a character as any of those played.

Piratecat's Story Hour: an excellent high-level campaign full of great story, great fun, great characters, and great friends. There is so much LIFE to this story, that you cheer along the way.

Wulf Ratbane's Story Hour: a spectacular characterization of a dwarf that simultaneously plays upon and breaks traditional dwarven stereotypes, plus it features some of the single funniest fall-down-laughing moments in a campaign, and it has the requisite Big Pile O' Dead Bad Guys (tm).

There's many more. Stroll through, stumble upon something new, and report back! Let us know what you like, and more importantly, let the authors know.

Warrior Poet

P.S. Sepulchrave II's Story Hours. Seriously.

Lela

First Post
Dremen said:
You did your jobs too well. I didn't want to get addicted to 37.5 different story threads! Thanks all!

-D

So, let us in on what you're reading when you start. *nudge nudge; poke poke*

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Begin shameless self-promotion. :D

Well, they’re not a story-hour per say but the NPC lifetime threads I have been doing in the rogues gallery have quite a bit of “story” in them. They also feature plenty of crunchy stats if you like that mixed in with your story telling.

End shameless self-promotion. :D

Dirge

Remove ads