Looking for a Puppy-Kicking, Vile DM

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hello all! Back in February Ankh-Morpork Guard started a game called the Puppy-Kicking PCs, a game that was pretty much going to be vile. But eventually I'm guessing real life took priority and he no longer had the time to DM. However, we had a pretty good bunch of players with a lot of interesting characters that had some great interaction.

I would really like to play my character again, and several of the other original players are like-minded. Is there any dedicated DM that would like to try their hand and DMing a vile game? :)

Our original cast was:

Puppy Kicking PCs

Paxus Asclepius - Gwyn ap Fomor - CE Male Human Half-fiend 1/Ranger 2 (non-casting variant)
NeuroZombie - Nyos Xtrigian - LE Male Human Cleric of Nerull 1/ Wizard 2
Cepter - Sunedilar al Hazir - LE Male Fighter 3
John E Smoke - Dulanse Geriardor, aka Dulanse the Red - LE Male Human Swashbucker 3
Isida Kep'Tukari - Lydia Shardweaver - LE Female Human Cleric of Wee Jas 3
Guilt Puppy - Alev Pure - LE Male Elf Aristocrat 1/ Rogue 2
Thomas Hobbes - Rhesa (currently goes by Aeweth) - CN Female Aasimar Cleric of Olidammara 2
flyingricepaddy - Fabian - N Male Human Bard 3

Currently I know that myself, Paxus Asclepius, and Thomas Hobbes are very interested in getting the game going again.

Linkage:
Puppy-Kicking PCs Rouge's Gallery
Puppy-Kicking PCs Out of Character Thread
Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work (In Character Thread)

yangnome

First Post
If you find a DM and have another opening, please let me know. I was interested in playing in teh original, but it filled up too fast and I went to the Dragon stalker game instead. I'd still really like to try this one out.

Synchronicity

First Post
OK. I've skimmed the threads, and I agree, it's the sort of game that wants to be kept going. I'm tempted to try and get it running again, and I'm pretty good on 3.5 D&D.

However. For the next two, three, maybe even four weeks, I am going to be busier than would seem humanly possible. Several deadlines are looming in a distinctly ominous way, you understand. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you haven't found someone willing to DM this game by then, I may try and shuffle some things around and see if I can manage it. It's kind of a time-delayed maybe, which I appreciate isn't that helpful, but it's the best I can offer at the moment. Good luck finding someone to run it though, and if this thread's still here in a month or so, well... ;)

Telsar

First Post
You wouldn't want someone with no PBP experience, would you? 18 years of off-and-on tapletop experience, but none in running a PBP game. But I'm wanting to start running a game sometime soon, and probably wouldn't get characters as interesting as what you guys have put together.

I read the in-character thread, and skimmed the rogue's gallery and OOC thread, and these characters definitely deserve to get played. I have some plot ideas, on how to continue where you left off (the house of "ill-repute"), but thereafter, I'd probably base things on PC goals and backgrounds instead of some sweeping adventure.

One thing that worries me is that, after reading the IC thread, I realize you guys are about 10 times more creative and articulate than I am. But I'd still like to give you guys the chance to play your characters, if you're interested.

But if you'd rather wait on someone more experienced, and/or someone you already know, I'd understand completely. Let me know if I can help.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I've been considering throwing my hat in the ring. I'm currently running an evil-based game with my local group. The party is an Orcish warband looking to expand the borders of the tribe.

I'm doing some research, to see if I am ready to do this justice. As a reference, My story hour for this game, is in my sig. I'm running my first Pbp game on our local gaming board, to get experience before I start offering games here. I'll hold back for now, and see if Telsar can handle it for you. I'll wait in the wings, and see how you fare.

Good Luck,
GW

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Telsar, we would be delighted to have you. I don't know if any of the others were interested, or if you wanted to reopen recruiting (because we only have three), or send out e-mails or something, but I can't wait to play Lydia again. :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Nothing can stop me now! The puppies are mine to kick again! *Maniacal laughter ensues.*

Glad to have a GM. And, what bizarre coincidence, the two players wanting to play are the ones I was having the most fun with. Poor, poor Aeweth.

Telsar

First Post
I'll reopen recruiting in a new thread, with the original players automatically getting in if they respond to it, so I know they're around, and we'll see how many others show an interest.

Question to the original players: was 8 a good number of PCs? The more we have, the more likely I'll have to NPC someone to keep the game moving, but the more potential interaction (and it was your character's interactions that made the in-character thread a blast to read). I feel like I'm just stepping into this game, instead of controlling it, so I definitely want the original players to help decide things like this.

If anyone wants to discuss anything with me privately, their character's backgrounds or anything else, my email is telsar@mchsi.com

Remove ads