• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a template...

Rkhet

First Post
I'm looking for a template to bump up a creature's CR by about 5~8. It needs to be a general sort of template that doesn't drastically alter the base creature (like Paragon, except less powerful). Any suggestions?

MarkB

Legend
It'd help to know the base creature, whether the template can be an inherited one, and how broad your parameters are for 'general' templates - i.e. is it okay if it changes the creature's type and/or sub-type?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Deathleech from Tome of Horrors III has one that increases the CR by +3. N'Gathau also +3 and if you liked Hellraiser, it's a great little template there. The Four Horsemen also are pretty potent, but only at +2 to CR adjustment.

Rkhet

First Post
That's great and all, but I don't have any of those books. Anything from WoTC stuff?

There are going to be multiple creatures that need a CR bump, and I wanted a template because I didn't want the hassle of advancing/class levels for each individual creature.

Remove ads