• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Druidy Goodness

Campaign night is tommorrow (Saturday) and thus it's time to play my Druid once agian. It's prooving to be even more fun than I thought it would be, so of course I'm looking into picking up a 'splat book' to expand his horizons as it were.

Since I'm going to be stopping at the FLGS before the game tommorrow I was hoping for some suggestions on which covers to look under for the most Druidy Goodness I can get for my money. I'm not even 100% certain I'll pick anything up, but if something realy caught my eye I'd probably help support the local gaming ecconomy ;)

Just to make things interesting, if you're going to suggest a book please limit it to ONE BOOK ONLY per poster. I know the tendancies here, and this is in the nature of a challange. The one book you think of as most druid-oriented.

Crothian

First Post
It completely rewrites the Druid class but it is the only book I've seen to do the Druid correctly: Mongoose's Slaine.

Psion

Adventurer
Bow & Blade has druidy goodness. But I'd order it from Green Ronin vice the FLGS, considering they have it on sale for $5.00+shipping until (I think) Monday.

Treebore

First Post
For WOTC splatbooks Complete Divine has the most, Complete Adventurer has a half dozen or so cool feats and a few nice spells for Druids.

Greylock

First Post
Psion said:
Bow & Blade has druidy goodness.

Don't get me wrong. I have Bow & Blade and think it's a nifty book, but there's not so much druid stuff in it. Corwyl: Village of the Wood Elves also by GR has much more. But still, it's a nice book.

Mongoose's Quintessential Druid II ain't bad, either. But if you are on a budget, grab The Book of Hallowed Might (Malhavoc). Real pity the Complete Divine leans to the citified religions, but the Wild Feats are worth the price...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Whichever book as the Warshaper and Nature's Warrior. Complete Warrior, I believe.

DMH

First Post
Since you are looking for a book instead of a pdf, the only one I have that I suggest is AEG's Wilds. It is 3.0 so updating it maybe a pain, but the variety of PrCs, spells and feats for druids and rangers makes it worthwhile IMHO.

Psion

Adventurer
Greylock said:
Don't get me wrong. I have Bow & Blade and think it's a nifty book, but there's not so much druid stuff in it. Corwyl: Village of the Wood Elves also by GR has much more.

The strongest contribution that Bow & Blade provides is the new druid spells, many of which were repeated in Corwyl, so you wouldn't be hurting too bad. Corwyl also grabs some spells for the Shamans handbook, but many of those aren't appropriate for druids.

That said, Corwyl lacks the new druid oriented PrCs from Bow & Blade and further, Corwyl is not currently on sale for $5:
http://www.greenronin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=5th_anniversary

That being the case, I really have to say that for Druidy Goodness, Bow & Blade is the better buy.

Last edited:

Corsair said:
Druid is the class least in need of splatbooks.

Ok, I'm almost certainly showing my vast and untapped reserves of ignorence here but that remark begs the question (which is doubtless to derail my own thread) 'Why do you say that?'

Remove ads