• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Free DVD Decoder software

KenM

Banned
Banned
I must have accenedtly taken out my DVD decoder software, my computer no longer plays DVDs. They say I need DVD decoder software, but they all cost money. Anyone know where I can get a free DVD decoder?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Anyway, what about Windows Media Player? There is also Media Player Classic (I think) which is an open source player available on sourceforge.

nick

First Post
DVD Shrink is still a good program, and if you have the room on your hard drive, at least you don't have to worry about swapping discs for movies you want to see.

Painfully

First Post
is there software that lets you play the files straight from your harddrive?

I'm a netflix user, and I'd like to get some better turn-around time.

I'm not interested in burning anything. I just wanna be able to play it off my harddrive and then hit the delete button when I'm done. I'm not sure if that is the same as a DVD decoder.

Right now I can just barely play DVDs. I think my player stalls in the middle of movies a lot (sometimes locking the computer up), and maybe copying it to the harddrive can fix some of that.

So many movies. So little time.

Remove ads