• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for information on New Waterdeep

Raflar

First Post
Aside from being 'across the Sea of Swords' where is New Waterdeep located? is there a map? Is there any info about New Waterdeep in any Maztica books? if so which ones?

I'm sending my players across the sea to the 'new land' and need to get as much info as I can before I start fleshing out my own ideas.

Thanks.

[edit] - okay, Google Search told me it is in the Maztican Province of Kultaka but that's all the info I have.... anyone know of the details? Where in Kultaka is it? on the coast I'm assuming.. who runs it? how big is it?

Last edited:

Imruphel

First Post
Gold and Glory is about the mercenary companies of the Realms.

There is also mention of New Waterdeep in Faiths & Avatars under Helm, IIRC.

If you want a comprehensive list of products, the FR savants over at www.candlekeep.com are your best bet.

maransreth

Explorer
Good luck. You will have to flesh most of this area out yourself.
I would download the boxed set as suggested as that will contain most of the information available.

Aside from the boxed set and the 3 adventure modules, there has been very little written about Maztica.

smootrk

First Post
There were a few Novels that were written which featured a Helmite (spanish catholic) colonization of Maztican lands (the new world central americas). Cannot remember the novel titles though.

Evil Monkey

First Post
smootrk said:
There were a few Novels that were written which featured a Helmite (spanish catholic) colonization of Maztican lands (the new world central americas). Cannot remember the novel titles though.

Ironhelm, Viperhand, and Feathered Dragon, in that order.

Imruphel said:
Gold and Glory is about the mercenary companies of the Realms.

Ah, my mistake. That book has been sitting in a box in my closet for over a year now (darn 3E books taking up too much space, haha), so I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly or not.

Raflar

First Post
Evil Monkey said:
You can download the 2E Maztica boxed set and the 3 adventures that were printed for it at thw Wizards website:

DUH! I knew I saw them somewhere, thanks. I just downloaded them now, but before I start searching through them all, does anyone knew specifically which book (or section) "NEW WATERDEEP" is mentioned or described in?

The campaign arc will not be immersed in Maztican culture too much, at least outside of New Waterdeep. The story will start in New Waterdeep and then involve more exploration into the northern (unknown lands). We play exclusively in the Realms and this is my way of introducing my homebrew world. So I'm using the 'unknown' lands north of Maztica. My players like to interact with things they have read in stories and someone in playing a young noble of Waterdeep with trading ties to New Waterdeep (the noble house name escapes me at the moment) and I thought this would be a great way to bring them into MY world that I have been working on....

Anyway, I babble on. Off to search for New Waterdeep..
thanks.

Arnwyn

First Post
As others have mentioned, there is a basic blurb on New Waterdeep in Faiths & Avatars under Helm.

Maztica also had a brief update in the Lands of Intrigue box set.

Aside: New Waterdeep is not mentioned in the Maztica accessories, actually.

Raflar

First Post
Arnwyn said:
Aside: New Waterdeep is not mentioned in the Maztica accessories, actually.

I noticed that.. thank goodness for the 'search' option in PDFs so I didn't have to read everything. :)

Does anyone know where "New Waterdeep" is actually mentioned?

In the City of Splendors Hardcover - House Adarbrent of Waterdeep has some strong trading ties with it and The Rundeen are trying to take over Adarbrent's shipping fleet, but that's the most information I can find.

EDIT: Thanks Arnwyn, I found what I was looking for in the "Lands of Intrigue" set....

Last edited:

Remove ads