• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for modules that have story but no stats./Modules for a low amount of players 1-4 or less.

Lastoutkast

First Post
1.As in it gives you the story but no monsters or skill checks so its easier to add your own encounters?

2.Modules for a low amount of players 1-4 or less. Or more geared for one on one play?

3.Are there any module building tools out there that can help me with this ?

dbm

Savage!
There are very few system-less modules in my experience, however the one I do know about is very good: King For A Day It's very much what you make of it, and so it could support a small group,if your rules-system-of-choice also facilitated this.

In terms of tools to build your own campaign then I would recommend the Sine Nomine line of products. All of the lines are built around sandbox play and include portable tools for building campaign worlds, events, NPC organisations; the full range of stuff you are likely to want. Check out the different products to see which ones major on the specific thing you are interested in.

dbm

Savage!
Happy to help! I'm always looking for system-less resources, so if you find more please let us know!

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
The Iron DM competition from this very board often produces some interesting adventures that, due to the format and word count requirements, tend to be loose structures or skeletons of plots and settings with the details left to be filled in. You can dig through past threads to find them. Rune also set up a kind of "greatest hits" anthology that specifically focuses on memorable entries that would be the easiest to convert to a runnable adventure: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?322277-Iron-DM-Anthology

Remove ads