(looking for players)>(d20 modern) coreline: Firewalls.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, we've got a old-school Gangster (basically a goon) and a new-school militarized Kyton (basically a goon)... a half-dragon with a machine gun would fit right in. Maybe... maybe... we should start our own mob family! I know we're supposed to be working for Firewall, but no reason why we can't profit on their time, too. ;)

... just need to clear with the DM if he's prepared to run a "bad guy" style game.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Being doing some checking and read the opening IC post. Is the campaign setting similar to Shadowrun?

And if I play a non-human, are they common enough (like in Shadowrun) to not cause panic in the streets?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I meant Shadowrun as in future tech mixed with magic (Urban Arcana was listed as a source book). But I did notice some sources books not on the list (Cyberpunk and Ghost in the Shell). I did check out the link earlier (first 2 pages only, there's 47 for crying out loud!) and noticed the different races listed and many were things I had never heard of, maybe the anime references. Are the anime genre characters actually cartoons IC or regular? I saw the Roger Rabbit reference.

So the Half-dragon with wings could walk down the street and only draw casual stares then?

Since I am not so busy today I have been thinking about this. I have researched the Draconic Template for the Half-dragon brute. Also thought of a second idea that may be better, Werepanther infiltrator type guy. Both would have a +3ECL though, good thing characters start at level 6.

I did go through the IC thread too and I am not too clear on what's going on to move forward. Looks to be the same problem that you and Voda have as well. If I were to be allowed in I haven't had any idea yet on what to do in-game. You guys are supposed to be investigating something, but your target is somewhere on the East Coast I thought (BIG search area) but then this issue came up with Dr. Diggers. Hope you guys have a better sense of what to do.

I meant Shadowrun as in future tech mixed with magic (Urban Arcana was listed as a source book). But I did notice some sources books not on the list (Cyberpunk and Ghost in the Shell). I did check out the link earlier (first 2 pages only, there's 47 for crying out loud!) and noticed the different races listed and many were things I had never heard of, maybe the anime references. Are the anime genre characters actually cartoons IC or regular? I saw the Roger Rabbit reference.

So the Half-dragon with wings could walk down the street and only draw casual stares then?

Since I am not so busy today I have been thinking about this. I have researched the Draconic Template for the Half-dragon brute. Also thought of a second idea that may be better, Werepanther infiltrator type guy. Both would have a +3ECL though, good thing characters start at level 6.

I did go through the IC thread too and I am not too clear on what's going on to move forward. Looks to be the same problem that you and Voda have as well. If I were to be allowed in I haven't had any idea yet on what to do in-game. You guys are supposed to be investigating something, but your target is somewhere on the East Coast I thought (BIG search area) but then this issue came up with Dr. Diggers. Hope you guys have a better sense of what to do.

Yeah, the setting's something like Shadowrun-meets-Roger Rabbit (the characters are 'regular' and a dragon wouldn't bat an eye unless he was being hostile or intimidating, to answer your questions).

As for the IC thing... well, to be quite accurate, it's still not up to speed. I will try to post more in the future, and right now, let's just say that the Doctor is going to be VERY important in the future (and also the character's contacts).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alright I will start working on a character then. The half-dragon sounded cool, but best as a fighter type. With the other two guys being thugs already, I think something a little different might be in order. I like the Werepanther idea. Similar to a Weretiger but smaller. I extrapolated the stats by examining the differences between Tigers and Leopards in the D&D Monster Manual. I will start looking at base classes first and then decide for sure.

I will post more details tomorrow. I don't have any time tonight, almost bedtime now and I have other threads to post on before going to sleep.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sounds good to me. A friend of mine played a werepanther superhero martial artist waaaay back in my younger years. It was a cool character.

We'd have a gunner, a weapon guy, and a hand to hand hero. Gun, Chain, and Fist. :)

Remove ads