• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost 2-21-97

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Taelorn76 said:
1. The meaning of Jack's Tattoos

Please, disregard previous cry for help. I have now escaped from the fortune cookie factory and am being held in a tattoo parlor . . .

LightPhoenix

First Post
Now that I've finally seen the episode, I can contribute something more serious.

I actually liked this episode, for the most part, even though I thought it was mostly filler.

Jack continues to rock. This is how Jack should have been written in season two, in my opinion. I really wanted a scene where he figured out the fish biscuit thing.

I liked Sawyer, both with his calling Kate on the sleeping together, and telling Karl to go get Alex.

What happened to hardened fugitive Kate from season one? I don't think the writers really know what to do with her, so all she does is say they have to go back for Jack over and over. It's highly annoying. She was the worst part of the episode.

Was The Sheriff played by the same woman that Desmond saw?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Ok, so who did play the Sheriff? She looked very familiar but I couldn't decide if it was from Lost or just because she's been in something else I've seen recently.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
If the promises of the promos bothers you so much, just do what I do and don't watch them. :)

I come to each episode fresh, with no idea what it going to happen next (or is supposed to happen) and I keep on enjoying myself.

It is still not as bad as X-files - which is a show so ruined for me now I can't even go back and watch any of them that even touch on the meta-plot.

Asmo

First Post
el-remmen said:
It is still not as bad as X-files - which is a show so ruined for me now I can't even go back and watch any of them that even touch on the meta-plot.

Yes, we can hear you - it´s well known that you hate X-files. There´s no need to drag it to yet another thread, it´s completely off topic.

Asmo

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Asmo said:
Yes, we can hear you - it´s well known that you hate X-files.

Asmo

It is? :confused:

Asmo said:
There´s no need to drag it to yet another thread, it´s completely off topic.

Um, it was a show with "mysteries" that were often promises to be solved, but repeatedly failed on the promise and by the end it was pretty clear that Chris Carter was making it up as he went along and never had a real idea of what they were/meant.

Seems to me that the criticisms about Lost are at least similar. . .

Altalazar

First Post
Problem with a 'mystery' driven show: when the mystery is over, it will almost never be as interesting anymore - because your imagination is always going to be more interesting than whatever the writers come up with (with very few exceptions).

Hopefully, lost will be an exception for the most part. Me, I'm patient.

They did make progress. Kate and Sawyer are almost home. Some things about Jack and the Others were revealed. It wasn't like no new information was given over. I am content to let things unfold.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads