Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

EvolutionKB

First Post
The warlock hesitates a moment, regaining his breath, he then moves forward, hand raised, magical energy crackling waiting for the goblin to reappear.

Meanwhile, the beetle turns it's attention to the warforged. The insect lunges at Xandren, but the warriors scale armor is too tough for the mandibles on this attack.

Hesh swings his double flail at the beetle and connects, doing little damage, as more red liquid seeps out hissing at it strikes the wet ground. That was not the the warlord's intention though as he pushes it towards the waiting blade of the warforged.

Stellan walks around behind the beetle, his heavy boots sticking in the mud. He swings his battleaxe is a heavy blow, severing a leg, and as his axe strikes the ground underneath, the pebbles lining the streambank slither up his axe. They line his arms and torso, providing himself an additional chance of arrows and blades being deflected for the moment.

Initiative: Round 4
Lorn: 24-Acted
Archer: 22-Acted
Xandren: 20-Acted
Thormir-19-Acted(ready action)
Beetle: 8-Acted
Hesh: 7-Acted
Stellan: 5-Acted

Lorn: 9/23, HS: 7/7(5) AP: 0
Xandren: 23/30, HS: 11/11(7) AP: 1
Thormir: 27/32 +1 temp, HS: 11/11(8) AP: 1
Hesh: 20/26, HS: 7/9(6) AP: 1
Stellan: 30/30, HS: 10/10(7) AP: 1
Archer: -23 Hidden? Bloodied, last seen at P12(on top of the ship)
FB: -29 bloodied marked by Xandren

Attachments

• beach round 5 start.xls
    29 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: post edited. I moved, used second wind, and readied an action to shoot the goblin on sight so if it attacks, I should hit him before he can (I kept the same roll as before)

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Clutching at the the bolt that had feathered him Lorn scrambled back toward the water, searching over his shoulder for his attacker. His eyes scanned the top of the ship where the crossbow fire had been coming from. The little bugger might think he was clever but even if Lorn couldn't spot him there was no where to go up there. Muttering an incantation under his breath Lorn swung his staff around as he ran, pointing it toward the wreck unleashing a gout of fire at its apex.

Why don't you give this up before someone really gets hurt!

[sblock=ooc]

Move Action: Move to Z13, You said the water was about chest deep on Thormir so hopefully it'll provide a modicum of cover or concealment from return fire.

Minor Action: Active perception check to spot archer.
Perception (1d20+1=6)

Standard Action: Scorching Burst square W13 that should be able to hit any of the squares of the top of the wreck without a penalty for cover or prone or the like.
Scorching Burst: Int vs. Ref. (1d20+5=14)
Fire Damage (1d6+5=6)
If that were to hit and do enough damage to drop him I don't want to kill him.

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lorn scrambles back into the cover of the stream, clutching the bolt to keep it steady in his shoulder. He turns around in the cool water raising his staff at the ship. Fire blossoms on the deck, scorching wood and sending a curl of smoke into the air. The moist wood keeps the wood from catching fire. No sound of a scream or the thud of a body hitting the deck emerges from the area.

Meanwhile, the goblin, flesh blackened from fire, steps from around the corner of the ship. An arrow is nocked in it's crossbow, but it never get's a chance to fire. Thormir, ready for the goblin's appearance, unleashes a blast of pure magical energy. The goblin dodges the ray, but it still clips him, and spins him around, he hits his head on the side of the ship and crumples to the ground unconscious.

[sblock=ooc]I'll give the readied action the benefit of the doubt, because I'll "just say yes" but I'd like your opinions. The goblin's ability says that if it misses an attack while hidden it remains hidden. Thormir's ready action is an immediate interrupt which interrupts the goblin's attack. However he can't see the goblin until it makes the attack. Does the goblin gain total concealment from the attack, is no attack possible because of he can't see the goblin, or should the attack have no penalty?[/sblock]

Attachments

• round 5.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 126

garyh

First Post
Xandren had fought with many allies by his side, and he could tell Hesh was an experienced soldier. Granted an opening by Hesh, Xandren carves a chunk of carapace off of the fire beetle, then makes his move...

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Footwork Lure against FB.

Footwork Lure against FB with Furious Smash bonus (1d20 8 3=20, 1d12 4 3=17)

Hits AC 20 for 17 damage. On a hit, Xandren shifts to Y8, then slides FB to Y9. Marking FB.

Move action - If Xandren kills FB, he'll first use Footwork Lure to shift to X8. Then, he'll move to S10.[/sblock]

[sblock=Xandren's Info]Xandren- "Male" Warforged Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:23/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Footwork Lure
Reaping Strike

Covering Attack
Warforged Resolve

Comeback Strike

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=DM] about the rules question... I really don't know. I guess it's a small hole in the rules. It is impossible to know if the goblin would have been visible without rolling his attack first, but Thormir's attack takes place before. I don't think you can solve this with logic since the goblin's ability isn't very logic at all...I'd say it all comes up to the DM's ruling[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Readying and stuff]Readying an action sets up an Immediate Reaction (so, it happens after the triggering event, PH 291). In this case, Thormir readied 'as soon as he can see the goblin'. Now, normally, a creature that is hidden remains so until they attack (PH Errata), but is still considered hidden until after that attack is resolved (PH Errata). Thus, if the Goblin hit, then Thormir blasts it after it attacked; if it missed, then Thormir's condition doesn't trigger (it never becomes visible due to the Goblin's power). That's my reading.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I agree with SG. My read is that it remains hidden, being able to fire from an angle that keeps it out of Thormir's sight. Once its turn is over, as long as it hit, it becomes visible and Thormir can fire. I would picture this as a free action "yelp of joy". Goblins are pretty stupid, after all. :p[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll use SG and Redclaws interpretation in the future if it comes up. That was the initial way I was going to do it as well, but in end I figured I'd give you guys the benefit of the doubt. I won't change it now though. Thanks for the ideas.[/sblock]

Xandren cuts through the beetles carapace, nearly severing the creature in half. The creature's internal fluids hit the sand, hissing and steaming. The warforged then steps away, and circles around the ship that he is near. He sees the goblin lying on the ground, bleeding from the head, unconscious.

END COMBAT(See RG for XP and OOC thread for some of my other thoughts)

Remove ads