Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

Oni

First Post
As he came down the stairs Lorn peered toward the front of the ship beyond where his light spell faded to gloom, something seemed to catch his eye. Noting it his gaze continued to roam, looking for the more immediate threat, the source of the rather unfriendly barking.

[sblock=ooc]

OOC: Xandren, Hesh, Lorn, Thormir?

Sounds good to me.

Perception: DC15 (1d20+1=19)

[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thormir and Lorn can spend healing surges if they wish. I didn't explicitly say there was a short rest. I'll change the stats below if you wish to do so.[/sblock]

The Lost climb the stairs down into the hold. They look around seeing little but water rushing in to the hold. Then bounding out from the deep water comes a large dog. It's shoulders is the same height of Thormir's and it's short fur is completely soaked. It takes The Lost but a second to notice that the dog is undead. It's front right paw is but a stump, looks like it was chewed off. Several other wounds mark it's hide and it's eyes glow red and it bites at Xandren. The teeth scrape shrilly on his armor, but can't hurt the 'forged.

[sblock=ooc]Gravehound moves out of water, and attacks Xandren. Miss with a 14.[/sblock]

Then a cruel laughs sounds behind them. A skeletal warrior emerges from behind one of the pillars in the back of the room. The captain? It strides forward and strikes at Lorn with it's drawn longsword. The wizard holds out his staff, and the blade strikes the wood, a wood chip strikes the floor.

[sblock=ooc]Skelly moves out and attacks Lorn. Miss with a 16.[/sblock]

Init: Round 1

Thormir: 21
Gravehound: 20
Hesh: 12
Lorn: 9
Skeleton: 8
Xandren: 7

[sblock=ooc]Milestone w/the last encounter. So everybody gains an AP. I believe Lorn is the only one to use one since the last extended rest.[/sblock]

Xandren: 30/30 HS 10/11(7) 2 AP
Lorn: 19/23 HS 7/7(5) 1 AP
Hesh: 26/26 HS 9/9(6) 2 AP
Thormir: 27/32 HS 10/11(8) 2 AP

Attachments

• Round 1 under the sea.xls
    17.5 KB · Views: 98

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

I'll definately spend the HS.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:23/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Power Jewel (Must have reached a milestone today)

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Stellan stands as tall as he can and glares at Hooks. I may be bound now, but I assure you, when I am free I will finish your miserable life before you realize what is happening, he vows.

[sblock=ooc] With no ability in social skills (a -1 to all), I think Stellan's plan is to ignore his questions and hope to endure the pain.
How exactly is he tied, in the interests of possible athletics checks to get free.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thormir holds his ground, and shouts an word in a forgotten tongue at the three-legged hound. A ray of blistering red light arcs from his fingertip and strikes the side of the dog, burning flesh and sending smoke into the air.

[sblock=ooc]Thormir curses and uses eldritch blast. He hits the gravehound with a 19 for 12 damage.[/sblock]

The hound snaps again at Xandren, put it tries to put weight on it's severed limb, and falls forward losing it's balance. It's jaws close on open air.

[sblock=ooc]Gravehound misses Xandren with an 11.[/sblock]

Init: Round 1

Thormir: 21-Acted
Gravehound: 20-Acted
Hesh: 12
Lorn: 9
Skeleton: 8
Xandren: 7

Xandren: 30/30 HS 10/11(7) 2 AP
Lorn: 23/23 HS 6/7(5) 1 AP--Marked by skeleton
Hesh: 26/26 HS 9/9(6) 2 AP
Thormir: 27/32 HS 10/11(8) 2 AP
Hound: -12--Cursed by Thormir
Skeleton:

[sblock=ooc]Please note that Lorn is marked by the skeleton. The map is unchanged.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Lorn motions for Hesh to wait a moment.

[sblock=ooc]

If you wouldn't mind delaying til the end of my turn I might be able to move the skeleton and shift away so you can move in and block him.

Either way my turn will pretty much be the same whether I go ahead of you or not so I'll go ahead and edit it in a few minutes.

[/sblock]

Without waiting to see what the hobgoblin does Lorn raises the fork of his staff right up into the face of the skeletal attacker, an echoing roar reverberates through the inclosed space as a wave of sound and force washes over animated bones. When the skeleton didn't budge, Lorn began to look a little wide-eyed and tried to back away from it to the only place left to go.

[sblock=ooc]

Standard: Thunderwave: Int vs Fort (Area: E,F,G/14,15,16) (1d20+5=7) blah...

Move: Shift to G18 to flank for Xandren

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Lorn Spellwright- Male Human Wizard 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:23/23, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Magic Missle
Scorching Blast
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Power Jewel (Must have reached a milestone today)

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hooks snorts, "We'll see about that..."

The hobgoblin pulls a hook from his belt. He then puts his fingers to his lips and makes a strange chirping noise. At the sound the swarm of small lizards perk up and return the call. They walk like housecats around the shifter's legs. Some of them use their small claws to climb the shifter's legs, drawing drops of blood as they climb up.

[sblock=ooc]Skill challenge time. 3 successes before three failures. Primary skills: Athletics, Endurance
Secondary skills: Insight, Perception.
DC: 15
You can make an athletics check each round. A success will reduce the DC for you to break the bonds(or the time to cut through them). A failure will make you succumb to Hook's technique, at least physically. Alternatively you can make an endurance check for a success, failures make you succumb to Hook's techniques, at least physically. A single insight check can be made to give a +2 bonus to an endurance check. A single perception check can be made to give a +2 single athletics check. These checks can be made after the respected primary skill check to obtain a success.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Hesh shakes his head and kicks the skeletal dog with his foot, shoving it at the warforged. Smash that, golem!
[sblock=OOC]Action: Furious Smash vs G: Nat 20 for fixed 3 damage (grr! ;)) and Xandren gets a +3 to attack and damage G[/sblock]

Remove ads