• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Eberron 4E Style: Combat over, Level up!

Redclaw

First Post
Realizing that he is unlikely to continue to resist Hooks' brutality, Stellan starts to work on the weakness he detected in his bonds. Stretching his arms to the side, he attempts to pull the knot apart, gaining significant ground in the process.

[sblock=ooc] Athletics check, 28[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thormir, seeing the water rapidly approaching his feet moves further up into the ship. He reaches out his mind to make the skeleton the focus of his power. He raises his finger and points it at the skeleton and a blast of power surges out from it. The skeleton ducks the blast, and the arcane power splashes the water behind it.

[sblock=ooc]Thomir moves and Curses skelly. Misses with EB with a 15.[/sblock]

[sblock=SG]Luring focus pulls an opponent, not slides. A pulled opponent must end the movement closer to you. You can keep the same attack roll, but please choose a different action.[/sblock]

Lorn caught in the swirling currents of water pouring in from outside the ship, is spun around, then disappears under the water.

[sblock=Oni]You still have your remaining standard and minor actions(your move being spent to stay afloat). Attacks from underwater will be tougher than normal, or you could try and make another athletics check(DC 15)[/sblock]

[sblock=Swimming]
Being in a square where athletics checks must be made is a DC 15 to stay afloat or move via swimming. If that checked is failed then the character must make a DC 20 endurance check at the end of their turn if they took damage. Failure means they lose a HS.[/sblock]

Init: Round 2

Thormir: 21-Acted
Hesh: 12-
Lorn: 9--
Skeleton: 8--
Xandren: 7

Xandren: 30/30 HS 10/11(7) 2 AP
Lorn: 23/23 HS 6/7(5) 1 AP
Hesh: 22/26 HS 9/9(6) 2 AP--Marked by skeleton
Thormir: 27/32 1 THP HS 10/11(8) 2 AP
Skeleton: Cursed by Thormir.

Stellan surges against his bonds and feels them loosen. Hooks sees the shifter trying to fight back and laughs. "Try all you want shifter, you'll not live to see the sunrise! Now what do you know of the Prophet's other ones!?" The hogboblin pulls a barbed hook from his belt and sticks it through the shifter's ear, letting it dangle before attaching lead weights to it, the weight pulling the barbed hook slowly out.

[sblock=ooc]
Success 2 Failure: 0
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Thormir unleashes his power twice in short succession against the undead. Both attacks, however, seem out of their target due to the rocking of the ship. Damn, I really need to work on my aim.

[sblock=actions]already acted.[/sblock]

ooc:I'm back guys! Sorry for the wait!

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Hesh strikes out at the skeleton with his flail, but he leaves himself open as well. The hobgoblin's weapon strikes the skeleton in the arm, the head of the weapon ringing off the undead's armor. The skeleton returns the favor to the warlord, slashing twice with it's own blade. The magic of the hobgoblin's armor doesn't allow the blade of the undead to penetrate once, but it does connect with the second slash, a long stinging cut along Hesh's forearm. Xandren in the defense to his comrade lands a blow with his fullblade along the armored leg of the creature.

[sblock=ooc]Hesh hits and does five damage. Skeleton misses with a 17 and Thormir misses with his EB. Xandren takes his attack from skeleton attacking Hesh and hits with a 25 for 9 damage. Skeleton hits Hesh again with a 27 for 8 this damage this time.[/sblock]

Lorn tries to swim his way to the surface, but in the swirling currents he didn't know which way that was. His pack weighing him down, he manages to fish the length of rope out of his pack.

[sblock=ooc]Can't mage hand the rope this turn, but you've got it in hand, so you can do it next turn.[/sblock]

The skeleton sensing blood from the weakened hobgoblin, swings his blade again at the warlord. The blade doesn't sting as much as the thought of failure to the warlord, and he stands yet strong.

[sblock=ooc]Skeleton attacks Hesh (on normal init count) and hits with a 20 for 6 more damage.[/sblock]

Init: Round 2

Thormir: 21-Acted
Hesh: 12-Acted
Lorn: 9--Acted
Skeleton: 8--Acted
Xandren: 7

Xandren: 30/30 HS 10/11(7) 2 AP
Lorn: 23/23 HS 6/7(5) 1 AP
Hesh: 8/26 HS 9/9(6) 2 AP--Marked by skeleton-bloodied
Thormir: 27/32 1 THP HS 10/11(8) 2 AP
Skeleton: Cursed by Thormir, marked by Xandren, -14

[sblock=ooc]I'll be around all day today for updates.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Under the sea round 2 update 1.xls
    26 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Stellan steels himself against the pain of the hook's extraction. Don't you see the scars covering my body? Stellan spits at the hobgoblin. You don't have the talent to make me scream. Focusing his pain and frustration into another surge of strength, the shifter yanks violently at his bonds.
[sblock=ooc] Athletics 21[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stellan flexes his great muscles and the feels the bonds stretch even more, perhaps given the opportunity he could break free. When the shifter resolve doesn't break, the hobgoblin calls out to the other goblins around the fire. They come over and they speak in their own tongue. Harsh words are spoken and the goblins converge on the shifter, pummeling him with their fists. Hooks is clearly frustrated, he no longer whichs to extract information from the shifter, just cause pain.

[sblock=Redclaw]I'll put a pause on what is going on with you for now, until I see what happens with the rest of the group. Things could change in a hurry for them if Thormir can connect a couple of times.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Okay, a few things to correct (my bad on the first one).

Hesh's AC is 18, not 17, from the Curseforged, so the first attack would miss. I forgot to update it.

The second skeleton's attack was from a mark? I'm not sure where that one came from (1st [AC 17] was the one drew from Brash Strike, 2nd was from ??, and 3rd was its normal attack).

Finally, how do we want to handle Hesh kicking in his Curseforged armor's power? It happens after Hesh is hit (-2 to hit until save, then -1 to hit until save). Hesh would like to have kicked that in after the first hit).[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Stonegod]I saw the AC and remembered your new armor, but I forgot about the bonus from the double flail. No matter, I'll adjust your hp. As far as the second attack goes, the skeleton has an ability that allows it to hit an opponent that hits it, as an immed reaction. I'll allow the activation of the armor's power after the attack from brash strike. It doesn't matter in this case because the other attacks hit so high. The skeleton would save on it's turn, so the pen to attack is only -1 now.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Just a reminder to those with magic items and the daily power of those items: Please update your CS and please include and cross off the daily powers on your combat statblocks as they are used.[/sblock]

Remove ads