Lost- episode 4- 10-25-06

dravot

First Post
Crothian said:
No, I think it's leader dude. It seems the Others are not as well equped or connected well with the outer world. They don't even have a working defibrillator. I like they are on another island though.

The other island makes sense. In season 2, when they found the other hatch, with the video monitors, the film mentioned that they'd have a shift (2 days? a week?) and then go to the boat for their off-time.

The guy in the TV was Locke, with an eyepatch. They clearly will go to the Pearl to find a recording of what happened in the Swan when everything went haywire. And they'll see the past or the future, where Locke has an eyepatch.

And Locke is way older than 40. Jack said the X-Ray looked like it belonged to a 40 year old man.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Sawyer = teh awesome.

Otherwise, the episodes are okay, but I'm getting really sick of the "Mysterious Others". I enjoyed Desmond/Claire/Hurley/Charlie more than the rest of the episode, and that was a throwaway scene.

I recently rewatched season two, and I thought it was a lot better than the first time I had seen it. I thought about it, and it was because I got to watch the whole season at once, instead of weekly. I'm getting the feeling season three is going to be the same.

I think what I'm most frustrated about is two things:

First, the general writing of the Others vs. J/S/K. Okay, I get it, it's their point of view and they're all confused and don't know what's going on, and that's how we're supposed to feel. It was novel at first but now it's just... frustrating. Especially these "cliffhangers," which I've felt were pretty limp. Except of course last week, and the absolute lack of resolution.

Second, I feel that all of the Others stuff is at the expense of the actual characters that started off the show. Why even pay Charlie and Claire's actors if they're only going to be in two scenes? Of course, that interaction meant more to me than any of the A-story stuff, but really, it was filler to make the episode longer. We already know Desmond can see the future, great. This could have easily been shunted into another episode more focused on the beach... like say, next week's.

Blarg. Maybe I'm just tired and cranky, I don't know.

7/10 for Sawyer and the beach-crew, 5/10 for the rest.

Demmero

Explorer
It was nice getting some confirmation of my theory from a few weeks back that the Others were on another island. Um...unless Ben just told Sawyer that because he's still trying to con the con-man :)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
"...puppies die. You'd like it."

Heh heh heh.

Alright, so these facilities of theirs are only Lostcatraz, about 3-4 miles from the Main Island. But in the season premere, they were in a village that apepared to be on the Main Island - no mention was made of Ethan or Goodwin needing a boat to go and torment the surivors of Flight 815.

Good to see Jack sharp about the tumor and not caring about Juliette's feelings.

So, Sawyer may have a daughter... Eeeenteresting.

Where did Tom go when Nose was beating Sawyer?

Is the staticy speaker in Jack's cell something the Others are doing deliberatly, or is it something they arn't controlling.

I heards an Other say something about a sub.

I still want the Others to die.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
CrusaderX said:
Who did they see in the monitor?

Yarr! It be a pirate, matey! Didn't ye notice the patch o'er his eye?

Crothian said:
edit: That's great!! Show Sawyer as a big tough boxer and then little pansy guy beats the crap out of him!!

He couldn't fight back because he was afraid the pacemaker would blow.

Surprised they exposed the truth about the pacemaker so soon, but it's just as well. I thought it was pretty obvious they didn't really do anything to him, and were just screwing with him. Does that make me a better con artist than the Others? :D

I liked the bit with Desmond. From his first appearance where he was talking to Claire, I had this nagging voice in my head saying "then tell me, future boy, who's the president of the United States in 1985?"

Then, when the lightning hit the golf club, I was like- "1.21 gigawatts!!"

Cthulhudrew

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Good to see Jack sharp about the tumor and not caring about Juliette's feelings.

I think he does care about her feelings, in spite of himself, and was saying he didn't because a) he didn't want her to know, and b) he doesn't actually want to care, but does, and is upset about it.

Is the staticy speaker in Jack's cell something the Others are doing deliberatly, or is it something they arn't controlling.

Good question. Didn't Juliette tell Jack that the intercom didn't work in the first episode? Also, given the apparent status of much of the technology of the Others, I wouldn't be surprised if they thought it didn't actually work.

I heards an Other say something about a sub.

My friend thought he heard Henry say the sub is back, too. I thought he said "your son", but I'm inclined to think that both of you are right, and I'm wrong. It would definitely explain why no one heard the Others approach the boat with Sun.

I still want the Others to die.

Yeah- at this point, there really isn't much that they can do to demonstrate to me that all of this torture, kidnapping, etc. that the Others are up to is somehow justified.

Remove ads