D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver (OOC)

Brother Dave

First Post
Welcome aboard and glad to have you. :D

Its so rare we DMs get a chance to actually play. ;) (I'm playing in an old 3.5 game on here but I'm hoping to one day play in a 5E PbP eventually).

I've only ever run games in person, but once I get a better idea of what it takes to run a PbP and keep it flowing smoothly I'm planning to run something here. I have a few concepts, but nothing concrete yet. I'll let you know when I do. Don't expect anything for at least a couple of months, though. :)

Honestly, I'm a bit intimidated by the sheer amount of work you and a few others I've seen have obviously put into the several games you're running here. Y'all are setting the bar pretty high.

Aaaand....now I feel like I'm sucking up to the GM, so I'd better quit while I'm ahead. :)

Xeterog

Explorer
[sblock=Treygar Rockslayer]
Code:
Character Name:  Treygar Rockslayer
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Barbarian 1
Background: Outlander(Bounty Hunter)
Alignment: NG
4'3", 165#, Red hair, green eyes, tanned complextion

STR 16 +3   Save +5*
DEX 14 +2   Save +2
CON 16 +3   Save +5*
INT 10 +0   Save +0
WIS 12 +1   Save +1
CHA  8 -1   Save -1

AC 15 (17 with shield)
INT +2
SPD 25ft
Max HP 15
HD  1d12
Passive Perception 13

Battle Axe   +5 1d8+3  Versatile (1d10)
Hand Axe (2) +5 1d8+3  Thrown (20/60)
Javelin (4)  +5 1d6+3  Thrown (30/120)

Skills:

Acrobatics      +2
Animal Handling +1
Arcana          +0
Athletics*      +5*
Deception       -1
History         +0
Insight         +1
Intimidation    -1
Medicine        +1
Nature*         +2*
Perception*     +3*
Religion        +0
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth         +2
Survival*       +3*

Proficiencies:
Light and Medium Armor
Shields
Simple and Martial weapons
Athletics,Nature,Perception,Survival
Tool (horn), Tool (Smith)

Languages:
Common, Dwarf, Orc

Equimpment:
10gp
Battle Axe, 2 Hand Axes, 4 Javelins
Explorer's pack
-Backpack
-Bedroll
-mess kit
-tinderbox
-10 torches
-10 days of rations
-waterskin
-50' hemp rope
Staff
Hunting trap
Bear's tooth
Traveler's cloths
belt pouch

Features/Traits:
Wanderer
-recall general layout of terrain, settlements and other features around me
-Find food and fresh water for myself and up to 5 others if the land can support it.

Rage: 
-2/day
-+2 damage when using Melee attacks using strength.
-resistance to piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing damage
-advantage on Strength checks ans Strength saves
-lasts 1 minute
-can end early if I don't attack, am knocked unconscious/die, or I choose

Unarmored Defense:
-if wearing no armor, AC = 10 + DEX + CON (can use a shield)

Speed 25: unhindered by heavy armor

Darkvision:
-can see in Dim Light as if it were Bright Light for 60'
-can see in darkness as if it were Dim Light for 60'
-B/W vision

Dwarven Resilience:
-Poison resistance
-Advantage on saves vs Poison

Stone Cutting:
-treat Int(history) checks as proficient with double prof bonus when making the check related to the origin of Stonework.

Personality traits/ideals/bonds/flaws:
-I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk.  Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear
-I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and often breaking them accidentally

-There is no good in pretending to be something I am not

-I recently found 3 distant Uncles, Gundren, Tharden and Nundro Rockseeker, who I have quickly bonded with and have become not only family, but friends.

-There is no room for Caution in a life lived to the fullest.
[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I've only ever run games in person, but once I get a better idea of what it takes to run a PbP and keep it flowing smoothly I'm planning to run something here. I have a few concepts, but nothing concrete yet. I'll let you know when I do. Don't expect anything for at least a couple of months, though. :)

Honestly, I'm a bit intimidated by the sheer amount of work you and a few others I've seen have obviously put into the several games you're running here. Y'all are setting the bar pretty high.

Aaaand....now I feel like I'm sucking up to the GM, so I'd better quit while I'm ahead. :)

The trick with PbP, and don't tell anyone my little secret, is that you really only need to prep for the next post. The players really control the flow of the game and all the DM has to do is keep pace with them. I have an outline and/or published adventure handy for reference, but, other than that, I don't really worry about the details until I am in the middle of a post. ;)

Brother Dave

First Post
Huh. So, not altogether unlike some of the 'throw-together-a-rough-outline-and-wing-it' games I used to run when I didn't have time to really pull anything together. Except with more time to make stuff up as I go. :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
I think I'll go for a Wizard character for this. Not sure which Specialty or what race, but I've got a couple wizard concepts I can finalize and get it together this weekend probably.

Brother Dave

First Post
Still need to work on a physical description and linking Laucien into the adventure background, but I converted him to sblock format.

[sblock=Laucien Amaravan III]
Name: Laucien Amaravan III
Sex: Male
Race: High Elf
Class/Level: Fighter/1
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (elf)
Init: +3
Senses: Darkvision 60’
Passive Perception: 11

DEFENSE
AC 18 (16 armor + 2 shield)
HP 11 (1d10 +1 con)
Saves: Strength, Constitution

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee (Rapier, finesse) +5 ATK, 1D8+5 Piercing
Ranged (Light Crossbow, ammunition, range 80/320, loading, two-handed ) +5 ATK, 1d8+3 Piercing

STATISTICS
Str 13 (+1), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 16 (+3), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 10 (0)

Traits: I take great pains to always look my best and follow the latest fashions. I don’t like to get my hands dirty, and I won’t be caught dead in unsuitable accommodations.
Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.
Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Flaw: I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.

Skills (Proficient in bold, marked with @)
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+5 @ (dex) Acrobatics
-1 O (wis) Animal Handling
+3 O (int) Arcana
+3 @ (str) Athletics
+0 O (cha) Deception
+5 @ (int) History
-1 O (wis) Insight
+0 O (cha) Intimidation
+3 O (int) Investigation
-1 O (wis) Medicine
+3 O (int) Nature
+1 @ (wis) Perception
+0 O (cha) Performance
+2 @ (cha) Persuasion
+3 O (int) Religion
+3 O (dex) Sleight of Hand
+3 O (dex) Stealth
-1 O (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, elvish, sylvan, celestial

Racial Abilities: High Elf
Ability Score Increase: +2 to Dexterity, +1 to Intelligence
Darkvision: See in dim light within 60’ as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light (shades of gray only).
Keen Senses: Proficiency in Perception.
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws vs being charmed, and immunity to sleep magic.
Trance: Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Languages: Speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, and one extra language of your choice (Sylvan).
Elf Weapon Training: Proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
Cantrip: You know one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it. (Mage Hand).

Background Abilities: Noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set (Playing Cards)
Languages: One of your choice (Celestial)
Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp
Feature: Position of Privelege. Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Class Features: Fighter
Hit Dice: 1d10 per fighter level + CON modifier
Armor Proficiencies: All armor, shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tool Proficiencies: none
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Acrobatics
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Equipment: Chain mail, rapier & shield, light crossbow w/ 20 bolts, explorer's pack
Feature: Fighting Style (Dueling). When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
Feature: Second Wind. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Combat Gear:
Rapier [2 lbs]
Light Crossbow [5 lbs]
Crossbow bolts (x 20) [1.5 lbs]
Chain Mail [55 lbs]
Shield [6 lbs]

Other Gear:
Fine clothing [6 lbs]
Signet ring [-]
Scroll of Pedigree [-]
Purse [1 lb]
50' hempen rope [10 lbs]
backpack [5 lbs]
bedroll [7 lbs]
mess kit [1 lb]
tinderbox [1 lb]
torches (x 10) [10 lbs]
rations, per day (x 10) [20 lbs]
waterskin, full [5 lbs]

Money: 25 gp [~0.5 lbs]

Weight Carried: 136 lbs
Carrying Capacity:
195 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 390 lbs

Physical Appearance:
- TBD -

Quote:
"I cannot deny that I have led a life of privilege, though while I enjoy a game of chance now and again, one could hardly call it leisure. My family does not tolerate lay-a-bouts. I have trained all my life, and have become quite the accomplished duelist. As a younger man I had a keen interest in magic - how could I not, when our lives are all but steeped in it? - but with three older, brilliant, and much more accomplished siblings already trained in the arcane arts (and with my aptitude sadly lacking in comparison), my mother felt I would be better suited to a more martial career. Although....I have heard of warriors who found ways to integrate the arcane and martial arts effectively. Perhaps in time I shall pursue a similar path.

As a fifth child (and blessed were my parents to have so many!) of a noble bloodline, I am expected to make a name for myself. My mother expects great things of me, and I will not let her down. I will prove my worth to my family, even if it means going out amongst the unwashed masses. They are deserving of our protection (I know my duty well), but that doesn't mean I want to (ugh) 'mingle' with them. But to prove myself I must "go on adventures" (her words), and that means joining with a group of other 'adventurers' - unlikely as they are to be as well-bred as I. At least I know I'll look good while doing so. Not that the commoners will know the difference." – from the private diary of Laucien Amaravan III

Background:
- TBD -
[/sblock]

Remove ads