• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

thegreyman

First Post
It's tough to tell how old the tracks are, but clearly they are newer than the rockslide, as many of the smaller rocks have been pushed out of the way. It looks like a large cart was here either several times, or several carts, and when it (they) left, were heavily loaded. They look to have traveled back in the direction of the mine.

Dargon

First Post
"The track looks like they have headed back to the direction of the mines with the ore. The question is if it is survivors or someone else. Elise do you think the kobold will know anything about any survivors or maybe anyone who has come back?" Ces look down the direction of were the wagon(s) seems to have gone, then at the direction of the kobold camp. Then at the direction of the landslide.

Ooc: could the landslide in anyway have been fabricated as a trap?

thegreyman

First Post
With your knowledge of traps, it's definitely possible that this could have been set up as a trap. You would need to climb up to the top of the cliff to examine it and see if there are tool markings, but a rockslide that just happens to perfectly bury a caravan passing below may indeed have been a trap.

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: The canyon varies in height from 60 to 80 feet, so you could find a height anywhere in there that you could climb. At the exact section where it fell, the canyon goes straight up 40' and then slopes in from there to about 70'.

LogicsFate

First Post
It didn't seem like it, Elise frowning but they might have been conceling. I don't believe it but it's more than possible.

Do you see anything? Should we follow the tracks?

Dargon

First Post
"yea we defiantly should follow the track, they are heading back toward the mines, but I se two alternative options before doing that. One would be to get up there"
Ces point up to the breaking point of the land slide "to confirm if this landslide was a trap or just plain bad luck, the other would be to go back and learn if the kobolds have seen anything. Both could give a clue on what we are dealing with and maybe how many. How ever I am not sure I can scale that surface so the question is whatever it is worth a it or not. And if you don’t think we can get anything out of the kobolds."

thegreyman

First Post
Krit eyes the cliff uneasily. "I may be able to get up there, but it won't be easy. I don't know what to look for up there though, and I also don't have any rope. If we could get a rope dropped down, it should be easier for everyone else to make it up there."

Dargon

First Post
“hmm that might work. If you think you can climb that I have some rope.”

OoC: is it possible to use aid another (skill) here by Guiding were to move and such?

LogicsFate

First Post
Lets see; Elise looks through her scrolls. Burning hands, no. Jump? Hmm, probly not. Enlarge! Maybe. I don't have any rope and didn't prepare and spells that might help.

Remove ads