Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

Dargon

First Post
"maybe I should, anyway we will have to find their camp first." Ces drinks some more of his beer. Speaking both to Elise and Breg "why do you think they are doing this? do you think they are sponcered by someone trying to kille off the trade or is it simple robbery?"

thegreyman

First Post
"Well, to be honest with ya" Breg says as he leans in closer, "This mine wasn't doing so well just a little while ago. Talk was that the place was going to get sold off until we hit some new metal. This shipment really would have put us back on the map. Without the shipment or it's money, this town ain't looking so hot.."

"On the other hand, some of that mith... metal we were digging out could be pretty valuable to just about anyone that gets their paws on it. 'Course, everyone was pretty tight lipped about it, so if word slipped out that would mean someone here is turning a coin on that information. Why, almost nobody knew when that shipment was leaving. They musta knew when it was leaving, or it would have been pretty uncomfortable just lying there for it."

thegreyman

First Post
Elise, you think he was just speaking faster than his brain was thinking. Like, he wasn't supposed to talk about the mithril, so he was thinking about it, and it started to accidentally pop out.

thegreyman

First Post
About this time, a well dressed man walks downstairs and approaches the bar. He approaches the bar equidistant from both the party and the drunkard at the other end. Breg immediately hurries over to the man and bows slightly.

"I'll have my dinner up in my room again, Breg." the man says, in a condescending tone. "And I'll have a glass of that Southafren wine, also."

"Yes, very good sir." Breg answers as he hurriedly gets the wine and heads back to the kitchen.

He glances down towards the drunkard and sniffs once in disapproval, before turning and looking down towards the party. He only looks for a second before facing back towards the front. He starts slightly, and turns back to look at the party, more closely examining your gear and obvious signs of recent travel. Everyone easily notices that he looks surprised for a few seconds before covering it up with a look of cool disinterest.

When Breg returns after a minute or two, the man beckons Breg closer and holds a hurried whispered conversation with him.

[sblock=Listen DC 15, to overhear]"And who would these fresh arrivals be?"
"They seem to be investors, sir. They said they were in the area to find out more about the mines."
"Really? Hmmm, they seem to be well armed for investors. Have they asked any questions about our recent problems?"
"Just a few, sir."[/sblock]
"I think I'll have my food down in the common tonight Breg."

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise hones in on the conversation, aided by the attunement to Ligaea. Elise face front and says in a low voice, So what do you think Ces?

Dargon

First Post
listen check
Ces’ keen hearing picks up the conversation.
In a Similar low voice "I think that we will make it out of this place but it is risky to establish any trade at all as it is now" . Ces point to a table out of earshot off the bar, lets take a seat and discuss this.

When they takes a seat he continue in the same voice.
"I have no doubt that they have one or more moles in this place however we need to figure who they are if we are to use them. Ces takes a sip from his beer. That fellor that just entered, he seamed surprised and interested in us, Probably not a local if he is staying here."

thegreyman

First Post
Gilanthus also sips his wine at the table, "Well, the barkeep did mention something about one of the trading partners showing up. Maybe that gentlemen is he? How do you think we should go about pushing one of the moles out into the open?"

ooc: Everyone still on board this adventure? I'd hate to have it peter out, without getting to any kind of closure.

Remove ads