• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E07 13 Mar 08 - Yi Jeon

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Aaron2 said:
Kate would have had to be -very- obviously pregnant on the plane to have a baby of Aaron's age. That is, unless there is some sort of lost time thing happening when Kate and Aaron leave the island.

There's a lost time thing happening while everyone is on the island.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Answering these in reverse order, here:

We don't know how late in the timeline to place her last chat her mom, or her marriage, but she was very clearly not pregnant in either of those two instances either.

Most timelines I've seen put her final meeting with her mom in 2002. The couple of places I've seen that reference the marriage put it around 2002/2003 as well.

TwistedBishop said:
Didn't the Marshal have to pass her through a police station or airport security in season 1 or 2? I'm remembering the whole "that's why I need five guns" bit. Also there was the rancher who turns her in.

I only recall that incident offhand, now that you mention it, but I can imagine that the agents screening her at the airport might not have paid that close attention. In any event, there are instances of women who have been pregnant somehow managing to pull it over even close friends and family (such as the infamous Melissa Drexler ). Truth is stranger than fiction.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
(Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis) as having written some really good episodes (IIRC, they are the credited writers for Expose, which I really liked).

Which explains why Expose was on the television in the background, in the very beginning of Sun's flashforward. It's really quick because she turns it off, so it's hard to see (I had to pause it on TiVo). But the show on the TV is Expose. Interesting...

Mark

RigaMortus2 said:
Which explains why Expose was on the television in the background, in the very beginning of Sun's flashforward. It's really quick because she turns it off, so it's hard to see (I had to pause it on TiVo). But the show on the TV is Expose. Interesting...

Good eye! That's one seriously impressive catch, there, my friend. :)

RigaMortus2

First Post
balmung said:
In Jack's flashforward he tells the new chief surgeon at his hospital "You call my father and if I'm drunker than him you can fire me." The reaction to this statement didn't strike me as "Jack you're crazy your dad has been dead for years!"

It's no different than how Sun called out for Jin, even though he was dead.

Mark

RigaMortus2 said:
It's no different than how Sun called out for Jin, even though he was dead.

That and no one but Hugo showing up to his funeral (and Hugo expressing happiness that no one else showed up) are the reasons I believe he is still alive and back on the island. Plus, it gives Sun a reason to actually want to go back, which I believe needs to happen at some point for the show to go on.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Mark said:
That and no one but Hugo showing up to his funeral (and Hugo expressing happiness that no one else showed up) are the reasons I believe he is still alive and back on the island. Plus, it gives Sun a reason to actually want to go back, which I believe needs to happen at some point for the show to go on.
1) It wasn't his funeral, they were just visiting the grave. Perhaps taking the baby to 'meet' her dad. (I don't know if this is a common practice in Korea, but it is not unheard of in the States.)

2) The show's only going to last two more seasons. Maybe three to catch up from the strike. Regardless there is a defunate end to the series, they don't have to make up reasons to carry on.

(Not that I'm saying they won't go back to the island, and if they do then, yes Jin being alive would be convienient, but still not neccissary.)

Last edited:

Mark

Darkwolf71 said:
1) It wasn't his funeral (. . .)

Sorry, I meant to type "grave" not "funeral" which changes my point somewhat. Though I do also understand that the visit was dual purposed, to greet the birth and take the newborn to the gravesite.

Last edited:

RigaMortus2

First Post
Aaron2 said:
Finally, RE Micheal. When Ben told him to leave, he gave him different coordinates than the helicopter used (325 versus 305). Its my theory that this sent Micheal back in time giving him the chance to alter his identity and get a job aboard the freighter. It also explains Walt's growth. I think this (and the fact he's using a new name) eliminates him from consideration as an Oceanic 6.

But what is this bearing or heading exactly? Lets not forget, Michael and Walt were at the docks when they were given their heading. The helicopter was at a different spot on the island when Faraday gave him his heading. So they are going to be leaving from different angles.

If to leave the island without the "complications" you must pass through a very specific "gateway" then from different parts of the island you will have to travel at different bearings to reach the same gateway.

Example:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads