• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E07 13 Mar 08 - Yi Jeon

balmung

First Post
Here are some theories that I have: Oceanic 6 is Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid, Sun, and Jack's dad. In Jack's flashforward he tells the new chief surgeon at his hospital "You call my father and if I'm drunker than him you can fire me." The reaction to this statement didn't strike me as "Jack you're crazy your dad has been dead for years!"

He would have been on the manifest and anyone with enough pull to fake a plane crash with the correct amount of bodies and altered medical/dental records to provide a positive id could change the manifest to show that Dr. Shepard was a living passenger on that flight. My question is who is playing the part of the dead doctor?

I was thinking for awhile, until Kate's flashforward, that they had escaped the island but was in an alternate timeline. My reasoning was that Kate hadn't been arrested after being rescued. After all a U.S. Marshal had died trying to bring her back, cops don't stop when one of their own is killed. They would finish the job he set out to do in honor of him.

Now I'm thinking all of the Oceanic 6 are working for Ben in their own way. Sayid was chosen for his military skills, Hurley is suppose to meet someone in the nuthouse, Kate is suppose to raise Aaron to placate Claire who is on the island, Jack is suppose to watch over Kate and Hurley, and Sun was let off as part of a deal between Jin and Ben (You agree to stay and Sun gets off the island and lives or you stay on the island against your will and watch Sun die).

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
balmung said:
The reaction to this statement didn't strike me as "Jack you're crazy...

Funny, that's exactly what I thought the reaction was, i.e., you're drunk and crazy.

balmung said:
...placate Claire who is on the island...

Based on Jack's aversion to Aaron, I think Claire is dead and he holds himself responsible.

I also think Jin dies and does not just stay on the island.

balmung

First Post
My thoughts on Jack not wanting to see Aaron is that it is a constant reminder of his dad's infidelity. If him and Kate hooked up eventually he would have to tell Aaron "I'm you uncle-dad."

Or maybe Claire did die on island (I can't think of why she would really be useful unless Juliet discovers that children can't be born on island period. Which would make Claire special as well as Aaron and give Juliet a reason not to leave the island).

I also think Ben is still a bad guy, no matter how he convinces the losties to work for him. That is why Hurley is seeing Charlie. Charlie is being sent by the island because the island wants everyone to leave and be left alone.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Was thinking about something re: Sun and Jin.

Back in S1, Jin had a watch he was keeping for Sun's dad. Given Sun's father's apparent Dharma-ish-ness, and given the time deal on the island, one has to wonder whether that watch had another purpose...

Darkwolf71

First Post
balmung said:
My thoughts on Jack not wanting to see Aaron is that it is a constant reminder of his dad's infidelity. If him and Kate hooked up eventually he would have to tell Aaron "I'm you uncle-dad."
I agree with The Grumpy Celt. I think Claire dies and Jack feels guilty. In fact,
I'm betteing that Claire is the one that will die next week.
Oh, I also agree with him about the chief surgeons reaction. "Dude, you dad is dead..."

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Claire might get off the island, as well, and then die, leaving Aaron with Kate (as Godmother), I suppose. Alternately, I like the premise that Claire is left behind and Kate steals (or is asked to bring him back) Aaron, making Jack not want to be around them until she does some right thing or another, like take Aaron to Claire's family, which maybe Kate is unwilling to do which makes Jack hold out on her. Plus, this leaves Claire around for Sawyer to hook up with and thus create a new love thing and keep Sawyer in the mix somehow.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Mark said:
...Kate (as Godmother)... ...around for Sawyer to hook up...

The Kate episode suggested people think Aaron is Kate's biological child. And I think Sawyer is also going to die. Frankly, Claire and Sawyer's stories are done. This shows rewards personal growth with death.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Kate's and Jack's stories become more complicated if they go back to the island and Claire and Sawyer are an item.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
How so?

Claire has never been much of a relationship issue for Jack and with Sawyer out of the way then there is nothing to stop a Jack and Kate thing. I don't see how Claire and Sawyer being an item would make life hard for Kate or Jack.

TwistedBishop

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
The Kate episode suggested people think Aaron is Kate's biological child.

Speaking of this, shouldn't people question Aaron being Kate's child? Even if they don't get off the island until the very end of the show (~120 days), it wouldn't make sense that she could have gotten pregnant and had a child of Aaron's age in time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads