• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E07 13 Mar 08 - Yi Jeon

Darkwolf71

First Post
There are threads out there that place the flash-forwards into a logical order based on in-show references. Jack's is assumedn to be the last in the series. Sun's is probably the first, at this point.

As for Jin, I thought about the 'He's not really dead' angle as well, because of the dates.
BUT.
I think we can safly assume that if Jin dies, it is not from natural causes. Meaning he gets shot or beaten, stabbed, something violent. Meaning they can't let the outside world see his body, it would bring up way too many questions. So, they have to say he died in the crash. Also, remember his line, "Where Sun goes, I go". I'm pretty sure that if he were alive he would not have let himself be seperated from her.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Think the time line is something like this:
09.22.2004 - Crash on island
40 days later - Tail Section
Mar.2005 - The Six get off the island (really Jan to Mar)
May.2005 - Sun's baby is born
2006 - Kate goes to court
2006/07 - Sayid and Ben are working together
2007 - Hugo goes to the mental hospital
2008 - Jack want's to go back to the island​

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Fast Learner said:
I really doubt Hurley would have suggested going to see him if they both knew it was an empty grave, especially if he was alive.

Sun may believe that they need to keep up appearances and Hurley was the only one to play along. Sun's grief might be very real but over Jin not being there to see the baby born rather him being dead.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Mark said:
Sun may believe that they need to keep up appearances and Hurley was the only one to play along. Sun's grief might be very real but over Jin not being there to see the baby born rather him being dead.
I agree, I think they are being watched and they know it.

Without having made out the date of death on the headstone my conclusion is that Jin died AFTER having returned and become one of the Oceanic Six, making it: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, Jin. If my thinking is correct, and Jacks flash-forward is timed as the last in order, then Jin's death would only be among the first of a lengthy sequence of tragedies and misfortunes to befall the O6 upon returning and why Jack would ultimately insist to Kate that they need to return to the island. The remainder of the seasons flash-forwards will serve to reinforce this - that despite the hardships of the island, being OFF the island turns out to be less desireable. We might even get one to show how Jin dies/is killed.

Elodan

Adventurer
Great episode. Was anyone surprised at Michael being on the boat?

I'm guessing Jin's still alive on the island.

It seems that there's some reason that only the 6 got off and everyone else had to stay (we know that more people wanted to leave). I also get the feeling that the six know they're being watched which is why Hurley and Sun decided to go to the grave.

I wonder why Hurley thought it was good that no one else was coming to visit Sun and the baby.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Elodan said:
Great episode. Was anyone surprised at Michael being on the boat?
Nope. I called that about 10 seconds after Ben said he had a spy on the boat. Michael was the only one who made sense.

It seems that there's some reason that only the 6 got off and everyone else had to stay (we know that more people wanted to leave).
We know that more want to leave now. That may change before the rescue actually happens.
I also get the feeling that the six know they're being watched which is why Hurley and Sun decided to go to the grave.
that may be, though I still think Jin is actually dead.

I wonder why Hurley thought it was good that no one else was coming to visit Sun and the baby.
Yeah, that seemed kind of odd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads