• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E07 13 Mar 08 - Yi Jeon

dravot

First Post
Great episode. Sun and Jin have great chemistry.

Combining the flashback and the flashforward was highly effective, combined with the very end it was very powerful.

Poor Jin.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Sun and Jin can't buy a break.

What ever is really going on with the island had better be important, 'cause a lot of people die for the island.

I wonder who is the next to die...

I wonder who the sixth person is...

I wonder what was on the black box...

I wonder who it was that got into that cab...

Darkwolf71

First Post
I thought we were supposed to have the complete 'Six' this week?

Jack
Kate
Hugo
Sayid
Sun

What, Aaron? I'm sure he wouldn't count, but it seems he has to.

Next to die... that's a tough one. I'll just go with my old standby; Die Locke, die!

Cthulhudrew

First Post
dravot said:
Poor Jin.

I don't think Jin's dead. Check the dates on the headstone at the end of the episode.

[sblock]They list 9/22/2004 as the date of his death. I think- not sure- but I think that's the date the plane crashed on the island (just checked the Lost timeline, and yep- that's when it crashed.). Which means its a fake headstone for a fake funeral, and that Jin's probably still on the island. Now what I'm wondering about is- Sun was crying out for him in her drugged delusion, and her regular physician had been replaced; could the mysterious organization have been hoping she might reveal the location of the other survivors/island?[/sblock]

Fast Learner

First Post
I really doubt Hurley would have suggested going to see him if they both knew it was an empty grave, especially if he was alive.

The "Jin isn't in Sun's timeline" thing was given away for me because the toy store owner suggested a dragon because it was the year of the dragon, but that would have to be either 2000 or 2012, neither of which matches up with the post-island timeline.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Fast Learner said:
I really doubt Hurley would have suggested going to see him if they both knew it was an empty grave, especially if he was alive.

I agree with you it seems a bit silly to me, but then again people do do similar things in real life. Also, this is Lost/television, where people do things for dramatic purpose, and don't necessarily act the way real people would.

The date of death is what makes me suspicious.

Also, was it just me, or was the dialogue not very good this week? It just seemed forced and/or somewhat out of character in certain places (the Kate/Sun/Jin exposition scene), and downright dumb in others (Desmond/Sayid- paper gets slipped through door. Desmond- "What's that?" Sayid picks it up. "It's a note." No, really? What is this- radio or television?)

Strange, as I seem to recall the credited writers (Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis) as having written some really good episodes (IIRC, they are the credited writers for Expose, which I really liked).

[EDIT- Of course, it may be that he is dead, and they just used that date to keep with the cover story of there being no other survivors from Oceanic 815 (Jack lied about it under oath, as we saw).

On another note, this flash forward locks in the "future" timeline as being at most 7 months from tonight's episode. Pending any other time anomalies from the island, anyway.]

Last edited:

dravot

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
On another note, this flash forward locks in the "future" timeline as being at most 7 months from tonight's episode. Pending any other time anomalies from the island, anyway.

I think that the flashforwards are different times in the future. Sun's was 7-ish months after tonight's episode, but when was Hurley's? When was he locked up in the sanitarium? It could be anytime.

Same for Jack's flash-forward.

Same for Sayid's.

Kate's is locked in by Aaron's age.

Remove ads