• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST Wednesday 11/16/05 {Spoilers for this ep and previous eps ONLY!}

WayneLigon

Adventurer
David Howery said:
man... the tailies had it rough over those 40+ days.. way worse than the others. I kinda picked out Goodwin as an Other right at the start though, for the same reason Anna did... the guy came running out the jungle, obviously fresh as a daisy, when everyone else was staggering around half dead...

I figured he was like Jack; Jack woke up in the jungle, having been thrown there. I think she was just trying to see if he'd deny it.

I think the whole 'good' thing refers to the children. Or something we don't know about yet. But then, the Others are also at least a little nuts, it seems. I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Fast Learner

First Post
The closed captioning was checked way back when that ep aired, and it was "we're the survivors of flight 815," just like Bernard said.

Seems to me that if Bernard got thrown that far into the jungle, in a tree no less, there's no reason that Goodwin couldn't have been. Bernard certainly wasn't wet. Weak writing, that.

"Good" could easily be something that the Others judge with some psychic ability or something, for all we know. Additional observation may not have mattered at all.

Up until now, I'd assumed that Ethan had snuck into the Fuselagers camp sometime during the first day or two, when things were still somewhat chaotic. In a group that large it would be easy to plant someone in and have the rest be none the wiser. But after seeing tonight's episode, it sure looks like Goodwin (at least) was inserted almost instantly - didn't Ana say they'd only been there 20 minutes or so before he came running out of the jungle? Judging by his appearance in comparison to what we saw of the Others, who dress in rags, Goodwin was wearing a nice "jet passenger" costume, so one could assume he wasn't just wandering by the beach when the tail crashed there.

So there's two possible conclusions we could infer here.

1) The Others are ready to plant an infiltrator on literally a moment's notice, or

2) the Others knew the plane was going to crash.

Either way, creepy.

Banshee16 said:
I was thinking....what if Goodwin was making a point about them not taking the people from the tail end who weren't good?

What if they're not actively trying to kidnap Jack, Kate et al. because the survivors from the front-end aren't good? Look at them....it's like they've all got dirty secrets....murderers, thieves, questionable practices, interrogators, etc. The only survivor they tried to kidnap was Claire's baby, which goes back to the whole innocent thing.

Well, we don't really know what he meant by "good" though. He could have been talking about strong moral fiber, or he could have meant "viable". As in: a test subject.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Good, as good subjects, good slaves, good followers...those not taken seemed to be more likely to question/fight the status quo. Others don't seem to concerned about loosing members, makes you wonder about their numbers, but then they have a plan they stick to; send in a mole, find the "good" then weed them out, makes you wonder how long they have used that trick.

Still not sure if Anna shot Shannon, while everything looks that way, I will wait until next week.

Overall I was pleased, got you to know the characters, tell their side and get everyone up to speed.

Maniac

Explorer
Fast Learner said:
Seems to me that if Bernard got thrown that far into the jungle, in a tree no less, there's no reason that Goodwin couldn't have been. Bernard certainly wasn't wet. Weak writing, that.

But when Analucia asked how he heard Bernard Goodwin said he could hear him from the beach. That implied he was on the beach with the rest of the tail people and would have had to come from the ocean.

M.

Shallown

First Post
Was it my imagination or did the child that walked past in the forest when sun and echo were hiding carrying the same teddy bear as the boy from the tail crash have. He set it down when echo was trying to get him away from his sister I think.

later

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
sabres said:
There is a interview with exec producers Lindelof and Cuse about Lost on TV guide.com (link below). Doesn't have too much answers, but it does answer whether or not Shannon was shot. Of course, you can read more into it if you want.

http://tvguide.com/news/askausiello

Some interesting comments there and a lot that will start a lot of talking at the water-cooler. The one that I think everyone will be wonder about is the island romances: I got to say I think Hugo gets some love!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Shallown said:
Was it my imagination or did the child that walked past in the forest when sun and echo were hiding carrying the same teddy bear as the boy from the tail crash have. He set it down when echo was trying to get him away from his sister I think.

later
Meaning, it may be the same kid and already conformed to way of life of the others.

Remove ads