• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Still playing her role as the tart, looking pretty and bigger chested, Tyrien steps up with Eanos and smiles.

Letting her companion do all the talking is nearly killing her, but she manages to curb her tongue to say simply, "Hi there."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:57pm: The Roses - Bath House ~

As you stand before the half-elf, the door to the steam room closes on its own, springing chain doing the work. The man by the door says nothing but leans forward and watches the pair of you.

BlancherAvatar_zps530344b5.jpg

Two men before you both are looking up at Eanos. The one you suspect to be Blancher is indeed a half-elf, clearly seen as you got closer. He answers with a neutral expression,
"Yeah? Well here I am. But who the hell are you? I don't recall meeting you before."

"Nor your... friend." He glances circumspect at the towel wrapped female in the all-male bath house.

The gnome and dwarf are still not paying attention.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]No worries, I meant for you to have Eanos know who was Blancher. Getting closer would have revealed it.[/sblock] Updated Map

jkason

First Post
"Silar Tonfirt, at your service, my good sir," Eanos says, with a smile. "No, we've not met, but you, good master Blancher, have developed such a reputation. Up and coming merchant ready to take the nobility by storm. Goodness, but it's thrilling, and I am envious beyond envy.

"But, well, my 'friend' here is kind of why I'm here. You see … "
Eanos gestures to the partially-covered by towel décolletage the two of them managed to provide Tyrien's disguised self.

"Well, of course you see it. It's hard not to. But you also see how bare and un-enhanced it is. My friend and I want to follow in your footsteps, to take the City of Glass by storm, and to do that, we need flash! Sizzle! And you, my new friend, are just the one to provide it, I'm quite sure, if…"

Eanos pretends only now to notice the attention they've gathered from the other two men. He feigns a bit of embarrassment, then turns, hands on his hips and hips cocked.

"Boys, if you're going to ogle a man, you simply must learn to be more circumspect about it. Yes, it's an impressive stomach, but you'll never see what's further down under the towel if you can't be gentlemen."

[sblock=ooc]The room's a bit too tight to find a space where all three of us aren't kind of right up on people, so I'm trying a few things here, which may or may not be appropriate. The bluff is for convincing Blancher that Eanos' story is accurate. The Sense Motive is actually for the three all looking at him. He's trying to assess their intentions: hostile, curious, or, as his feint indicates, something else entirely.

Bluff; Sense Motive without ioun stone (1d20+13=28, 1d20+16=29)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6+5 Reflex: +6+5 Will: +9+8

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam)

Current Alias: Silar Tonfirt

In Hand:component pouch / towel.

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information
-50 gp bribing guard (weapon)
-50 gp bribing guard (Tyrien's entry)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 1/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Blancher's brows knit as he listens to the story and doesn't appear to think Silar Tonfirt is full of it. But the idea may not be to his liking either.

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

The man beside Blancher turns to look at the half-elf, "Boss?" Blancher waves a hand to dismiss the unspoken question.

Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png

The other guy by the door grunts, "Ya be careful with yar words."

Blancher says, "It's alright. I think he just doesn't know who he is really dealing with, boys." It is now quite obvious to Eanos that all three men are together and have been looking at you during the exchange. So far their attitudes have all been indifferent.

The half-elf looks up with a smirk, "Master... Tooflirty, is it? I am not looking for a protégé to mentor. Flattering as that might be. If you had come at a more appropriate time I could listen to your proposal in more detail."

"But I am expecting someone and that is not you. So..."
He makes a shooing gesture.

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Same Map

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Oh, well, that's a relief," Eanos says, pitching his volume low again and pointing to Blancher's entourage. "I was worried for a moment that this was entirely a different kind of bathhouse, but security seems quite appropriate, considering."

As Tyrien continues to ply her artificially-enhanced curves in Blancher's view, Eanos takes the seat next to the merchant, the better to whisper what he has next to say.

"Much as I'm sure you have much to teach an up-and-comer, my interests are far more ... specific. Impressing the nobility takes finery. And if it were enough to simply have fancy things, my lady would have what she wants." here he glances affectionately to Tyrien, then returns to Blancher, [color=cc666]"But social reputation is about not just money, but pedigree. Pedigreed finery, then, would be just the sort of thing which would make the splash we need to begin our upward mobility.

"I have it on good authority that you have just such a set of storied jewels. And it is my hope that my lady might be just the set of dainty decolletage upon which those jewels might rest."[/color]

[sblock=ooc]I think I've managed to phrase things such that Eanos isn't technically lying, since he keeps saying he wants the jewels for "his lady," and just sort of letting glances to Tyrien insinuate that she's his lady instead of Elenore. I also wasn't sure if continuing the scenario he had already started needed a Bluff roll each post or not. I made another Bluff roll just in case.

Bluff; Diplomacy (10) with silver tongued Haggler (3). (1d20+13=17, 1d20+13=32)

Boo-yah that is one sweet Diplomacy roll, though, so at least Eanos' last Silver Tongue wasn't wasted. :) : [/sblock]

MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Silver Tongued Haggler: 0/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Blancher's finds the red-headed man likeable enough, not changing his attitude as Silar Tonfirt sits down and begins chatting away. The flowery speech doesn't appear to be annoying the man after his attempt to rid himself of the seemingly foppish man went unheeded.

He laughs when the jewels are mentioned, a chuckle that is not snide or condescending.

"My friend, I do not know who you have been talking to. But I am no merchant to sell jewelry to adorn your trophy girl here."

"I am sure she would like some fine earrings, bracelets, and a necklace. Probably a tiara. Nice expense ones too. Oh, you surely have your work cut out for you pleasing her. I am afraid you might not have enough gold, though."

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[sblock=OOC]I took the Diplomacy roll to keep him from getting upset at you not leaving. But I am not counting it as a change in attitude.[/sblock][/sblock] Updated Map

jkason

First Post

Eanos cocks his head to one side, a knowing smile on his lips as he whispers, "Ah, but only one person has the Lady Elenore's jewels, I'm afraid. Ever since she heard they no longer adorned the Lady, my friend has been on a mission to gather them for herself."

[sblock=ooc]I don't think Diplomacy change attitude accumulates, does it? If so, I can roll more of those, but for now, we'll just come out with Eanos's specific goal and throw some Sense Motive in to see how Blancher responds to the suggestion:

Sense Motive w/o ioun stone (1d20+16=20)[/sblock]

Map unchanged.

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien pipes up, "Oh, yes. I would very much like those jewels."

"She doesn't have them and probably would not sell them to me. Would you happen to have them on you. Ooo, can I see them if you do? Puuuleeeease?"

The half-elven girl nearly begs in her impersonation of a tart with very girlish tendencies.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:58pm: The Roses - Bath House ~

"Riiiight."

Blancher frowns and looks back and forth from the tart to the fop sitting next to him. He has a shrewd look and chooses his words carefully, "No, I am not selling them to you. I already have a buyer and have no intention of going back on my deal with him."

"In fact he is due here shortly. If you wish to buy them from him, good luck. But I doubt very much he will sell. For him is very personal."

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Same Map

jkason

First Post

Eanos glances to Tyrien, and the guards, and decides he'll give it one more try as a nice guy...

"Are you sure it's only personal for your buyer?" he asks coyly. He smiles as he continues, "I may not be well-known, but I always do amazingly thorough research before seeking out financial transactions, you see. Now, you might get the vengeance you seek through your buyer, but it seems less than inspired, really.

"I mean, infighting between exes is certainly fun, but noble families seem to be bickering all the time. One honestly wonders if the elite will have time to even yawn over yet another bickering couple before one of the Boraga heirs manages to do something legitimately outrageous and snag the attention back.

"But a new shiny? Some little nobody who should have no means to obtain the heirlooms of nobles, but comes cavorting around in them anyway? Goodness, but I imagine that might take a direct attack on the Gabbiano apartments in order to be kicked out of the spotlight. And the longer everyone keeps looking, the longer they see just how dangerous it is to trifle with you."

[sblock=ooc]I think this is the last piece of information Eanos has that might be useful in changing his mind by non-negative means, so we'll give it a shot, then it's on to Intimidation, I suppose:

Diplomacy; Sense Motive w/o ioun stone (1d20+10=23, 1d20+16=35)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Remove ads