[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Lady grant us a swift retreat," Eanos whispers, clutching the key in his component bag as he brushes up against Tyrien's shoulder with his own. The half-elf feels a tingle along her spine, and finds herself possessed of an insight into using her own attacks to aid in finding cover.

Eanos moves to the door, then, trying to keep the way open for Tyrien and an eye out for what will very likely be more trouble from outside the doors.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, let's see if I can make good choices:

Swift: Invoke Escape judgment: Each time the inquisitor using this judgment hits an opponent with a melee or ranged attack, she can use a move action attempt to create a diversion to hide (see the Stealth skill).
Standard: Cast Lend Judgment, giving Tyrien the same advantage
Move: To doorway. Allies can move through each other's squares, so I believe this lets Tyrien run through with the jewels but forces the guards to have to deal with obstruction? Since they're flat footed, I don't think they get AoO for his move? [/sblock]

UPDATED MAP
[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6+5 Reflex: +6+5 Will: +9+8

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam)

Current Alias: Silar Tonfirt

In Hand:component pouch / towel.

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information
-50 gp bribing guard (weapon)
-50 gp bribing guard (Tyrien's entry)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 0/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:58pm: The Roses - Bath House ~

The gnome and dwarf, still seated in the other corner and jabbering away, stop talking and look up in shock as violence breaks out.

Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png

Yaro flies into a rage, attempting to overcome his fear of the red-headed man's threats and he crouches to pull out a piece of wood from under the bench. The man takes a mighty swing at Eanos with his club in both hands, but narrowly misses. "GraaAHH!"

BlancherAvatar_zps530344b5.jpg

Still clutching the bag of jewelry tightly, Blancher pulls out his own dagger and then stands up on the bench. He says, "Grab her and hold her still!"

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Rolf makes a grab for the lithe half-elven tart with the sharp feet. Tyrien easily dodges his clumsy attempt. "Sorry boss."

OOC: Combat: Round 2
[sblock=Combat Information]20% Concealment in effect (roll 1d100, Miss on 1-20)
Yaro still shaken (1 rounds of -2Att) & Raging
Door behind Eanos is closed
Yaro arms himself, missed with Power Attack
Blancher stands and arms himself
Rolf misses with grapple

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  22/30HP: (Prone -4AC) 8 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  42/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC11/FF 11/Touch 11/CMD14)  67/67HP: Shaken 1 rounds, Raging
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 2

jkason

First Post

"Now, I was all ready to play like a nice, nonviolent sort, and then you went and tried to bash my skull in. Foul on the play, and now the game changes," Eanos says, remaining in character. He brandishes his own dagger.

"Whisper the reasons he earns his pain," he mutters, and the blade glows briefly. He makes a solid slash at the rampaging man's side, but the thick steam obscures the actual form and the cut goes wide.

"Lovey, how's it looking over there?" he asks of Tyrien, careful not to use her actual name.

[sblock=ooc]Move: Draw dagger
Swift: Invoke Bane (vs. human)
Standard: Dagger attack (5) with Bane (2); Dagger damage; Bane bonus damage. (1d20+7=23, 1d4+1=3, 2d6=3)

Argh. Forgot about miss chance: Miss chance. (1d100=15) Miss.

Sigh. Well, it's not awful, I suppose. And it's not like Eanos wants to drop anyone. I probably could have played this round better, but by the time I realized what I should have done (Litany of Sloth on Blancher), I'd already rolled. Lesson learned. :) [/sblock]

SAME MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Escape Judgement (Hide distraction as move on a hit)

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Bane: 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien sees the large man flying off the hand with anger issues and moves to help the red-headed man. She is not a great melee fighter, but a bit more experienced than her companion.

"I am just fine. Let me help you out."

She lashes out with her fist, aiming for Yaro's wrist. She dodges the swipe of his club and punches the hand holding the club. The man drops the club, and she steps away from Blancher and his dagger to quickly grab the club with both hands.

"Alright fellas, just give me the jewelry and this can end without somebody getting a caved in skull."

[sblock=Crunch]Disarm Yaro (1d20+9=20, 1d100=48)
DM Roll: Yaro AoO (1d20+8=12, 1d6+15=21, 1d100=8)
5ft Step & Move Action: Pick up Club
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Club
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

The gnome and dwarf get up from their bench and scramble towards the door, even though it is blocked at the moment. "Hey, let us out of here!"

Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png

Yaro shakes is numb hand and roars, "BITCH!" He makes a grab to take back the club. The tart hits him in the arms for the trouble and he misses.

Blancher makes an oratory performance, "Lads, remember thy oaths and defend our honor! Beat the crap out of these dung eaters!"

Rolf, take this."
He hands his knife to the other man.

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Rolf takes the weapon, "Thanks, boss." However, he misses the lithe woman in the misty steam.

OOC: Combat: Round 3
Yaro Raging & no weapon
Door behind Eanos is closed
Yaro hit with AoO 9 dmg, misses Disarm
Blancher Inspires Courage +1, gives dagger to Rolf
Rolf misses Tyrien

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  22/30HP: (Prone -4AC) 8 Non-lethal dmg
Yaro       (AC11/FF 11/Touch 11/CMD20)  59/67HP:  Raging
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 3

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

"Much appreciated, lovey," Eanos says as Tyrien takes the club out of Yaro's hands. Knowing that the raging fists might still be a threat, Eanos keeps one eye on the man as he calls to Blancher, "Now, really, all this sitting about in a steam bath, has it really done you any good? I think you've gone soft, myself. That bag seems such a weight for you, might as well hand it over."

A soft whispering seems to surround the half-elf, who does seem just a bit slower as a result.

"Sorry to have our sparring practice right here and now, dears," Eanos says to the small folk. "But I promise if you take your seats again, we'll be just a tiny bit more. Lovey, I think you'll find Blancher isn't quite so frisky if this time, if you see what I mean?"

Realizing Tyrien is in a better position to grab the bag now, he concentrates on the thug in front of him. This time, his strike is true, and the blade sinks deep into the man's shoulder.

"Now, mayhap you should sit and calm down before you really get hurt, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]It seems impossible that he could convince the little folk that this was all in good fun, but what the heck, maybe they're a little drunk or something. Can't hurt:

Bluff little folk because why not? (1d20+13=25)

I thought folks without Improved Unarm didn't threaten for AoO, but I can't seem to find that, only that they provoke AoO when they attack unarmed. So I think Blancher could ruin a disarm attempt unless Eanos nips that in the bud. If I've got that wrong, then I'd like to change the spell target to the thug with the dagger, instead. Otherwise...

Swift: Cast Litany of Sloth on Blancher. No save, 1 round unable to AoO or cast defensively for him.

Concentration (cast defensively), DC 17 (1d20+9=18)

Tyrien should now be able to 5' step and make a disarm attempt to get the bag, then, without having to worry about an AoO ruining the attempt.

Standard: Dagger attack vs. Yaro (5) with Bane (2); Dagger damage; Bane bonus damage;miss chance (1d20+7=21, 1d4+1=2, 2d6=8, 1d100=86)

10 damage to Yaro.

Between the AoO he'd open himself to, and letting the little folk out to call for help, Eanos is staying put this round. [/sblock]

SAME MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Escape Judgement (Hide distraction as move on a hit)

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Bane: 4/6 rounds remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

With things turning into an outright melee, Tyrien is not about to stop swinging the club to until she feels comfortable that she will not take a knife for her troubles.

She steps behind the raging brute and swings the club with both hands at his back. The club crackles with arcane energy. One of the blows lands.

"Now, now. I would be careful when you insult a girl. I tend to take it personally. You are lucky I don't have a bow and only snatched away your club."

[sblock=Crunch]5ft Step: Updated Map
Activate Arcane Strike
Full Attack on Yaro (Flanking): 1st Attack on Yaro (1d20+11=29, 1d6+4=6, 1d100=95), 2nd Attack on Yaro (1d20+6=22, 1d6+4=5, 1d100=2)-Misses: 6 dmg total
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Club

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

The gnome and the dwarf are not so sure this all a friendly brawl, not once daggers and clubs come out. "We don't pay membership for gladiator entertainment. Get out of the way!" The gnome opens the door and they both slip through.

Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png
Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Blancher points at the deadly tart with Yaro's club and says, "Gang up on her and get that club away from her. The we are going to see who's the boss!" Yaro makes an attempt to grapple the lithe half-elven girl in an effort to hold her still and receives another bash with the club. His attempt fails miserably and he steps out from between the man and woman.

Rolf steps up and slashes again with the knife, trying to cut Tyrien. The blade slices her arm. Then he hands the knife back to Blancher who steps closer to Tyrien and takes it, taking a swipe at her as well. His cuts scratches her as well.

OOC: Combat: Round 4
Yaro Raging & no weapon
Door behind Eanos is open, but will close on its own beginning of Round 5
Yaro took 10dmg from AoO, misses grapple
Rolf hits Tyrien 5 dmg, hands knife to Blancher
Blancher maintains Inspire Courage +1, hits Tyrien 3 dmg

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   56/64 HP remaining; 8 dmg

Spells Cast: Litany of Sloth
Abilities Used: Bane (2 rounds)
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  22/30HP: 8 Non-lethal dmg
Yaro       (AC11/FF 11/Touch 11/CMD20)  32/67HP:  Raging
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Yeah, you can only take an AoO if it will not provoke an AoO in turn. Though not applicable in this case, I think between two people without Imp Unarmed Strike, they might be about to take AoO if an action provokes normally. I switched the Litany to Rolf.

Eanos has the option to stop their overrun movement and take an AoO on the gnome or dwarf if he wants.[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 4

jkason

First Post

Eanos swears under his breath as the little men push past him. He's disinclined to harm them to halt their escape, as--unlike Blancher's men--they've posed him no violent threat.

Seeing that Tyrien can't be swayed to take the jewels and attempt to flee, Eanos sets to evening out the number of attackers. With a whispered request to his patron deity, Eanos summons a glowing shortbow into existence. It looses a bolt at Yaro, but the steam seems to stymie even magical attacks.

[sblock=ooc]Swift(?): Drop Bane effect. I don't actually see dropping the effect listed, but since the rounds don't have to be taken consecutively, it seems perfectly logical that he can turn it off if he has the actions available? No reason to waste a round when he can't attck.

Standard: Cast Spiritual Weapon into C53 (has to attack 'from my direction,' so I think it has to be on the right side of Blancher and his folk). Yaro and Rolf currently unarmed, so neither gets an AoO, so I didn't try to cast it defensively.

Spiritual Weapon attack vs. Yaro; Damage; miss chance (1d20+7=18, 1d8+2=9, 1d00=1)

Oh, for the love of ... miss.[/sblock]

I don't know how to add icons, or I'd have put in the spiritual weapons, so SAME MAP barring that.

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Escape Judgement (Hide distraction as move on a hit), Spiritual Weapon (Ranged Attack +07, Damage: 1d8+2)

In Hand:dagger.

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Bane: 4/6 rounds remaining
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tryien steps next to Eanos and keeps focused on the bruiser with anger issues. With it crackling with arcane energy, she slams it down on the bodyguard who use to own the club twice.

"How do you like that? I bet it didn't do that in your hands."

[sblock=Crunch]5ft Step: Updated Map
Activate Arcane Strike
Full Attack on Yaro : 1st Attack on Yaro (1d20+9=24, 1d6+4=9, 1d100=52) , 2nd Attack on Yaro (1d20+9=17, 1d6+4=9, 1d100=57) = 18 dmg total
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Weapon in Hand: Club (Arcane Strike)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Remove ads