[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:58pm: The Roses - Bath House ~

The door shuts and you are alone with your fracas in the steam room for now.

BlancherAvatar_zps530344b5.jpg
Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png
Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Blancher grits his teeth and keeps his inspiration oration going, "Fight, fight, ya gotta fight for your right to party!" Despite the bad poetry, it works. He cuts the half-elf with the knife and hands it to Rolf as he steps behind the man. Rolf takes the knife and jabs the tart with it good.

Yaro makes a play for disarming the red-head man to get his knife instead. The punch to strike the wrist misses.

OOC: Combat: Round 5
[sblock=Combat Information]20% Concealment in effect (roll 1d100, Miss on 1-20)
Yaro Raging & no weapon
Door behind Eanos shuts
Yaro tries to disarm Eanos, fails
Blancher maintains Inspire Courage +1, hits Tyrien 3 dmg, hands knife to Rolf
Rolf hits Tyrien 7 dmg

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   46/64 HP remaining; 10 dmg
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: Litany of Sloth, Spiritual Weapon (5/6 rounds remain)
Abilities Used: Bane (2 rounds)
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  22/30HP: 8 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  42/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC11/FF 11/Touch 11/CMD20)  14/67HP:  Raging
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]You need an account at Ditzie to upload images into your personal gallery. Then you can actually open up one of mine and follow the hierarchy to the main lists of galleries and go to your own. Then you can change the image to anything you uploaded.

Or, you can just let me do it. ;)[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 5

Eanos gets AoO on Yaro in Round 4. Pre-roll one for Round 5 too.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Now, now, big man, no taking other people's toys," Eanos says, slashing at Yaro's forearm as he grabs for the blade. A quick whisper, and the blade glows momentarily again, making a much more painful slice across the guard's ribs. Yaro gasps and falls to the ground.

Eanos turns the Tte glowing shortbow toward the remaining guard, but it misses its attack. Apparently, Issolatha knows fewer secrets about these men than others.

"Sure you don't want to reconsider, dear boy?" Eanos asks Blancher.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, I made a mess of things, and I'm going to apologize.

* First screwup: I thought I was being efficient and rolled all three of Eanos' attacks (including the pre-rolled AoO) together. Then I realized I screwed up and rolled all these assuming the Bane, forgetting Eanos had dismissed it, so the first AoO wouldn't benefit from it. The results listed in the action summary below reflect the actual damage from that attack, but here's the link to the roll:

1) AoO dagger (5) + Bane (2) vs. Yaro; damage; bane damage; miss chance 2) Dagger attack (5) + Bane (2) vs. Yaro; damage; bane damage; miss chance 3) Pre-rolled AoO dagger (5) + Bane (2); damage; bane damage; miss chance (1d20+7=21, 1d4+1=4, 2d6=8, 1d100=33, 1d20+7=14, 1d4+1=3, 2d6=8, 1d100=66, 1d20+7=10, 1d4+1=5, 2d6=8, 1d100=76)

AoO: Hit for 4 damage
Swift: Bane vs. humans on dagger
Standard: Attack Yaro: Hit for 11 damage

* Second screwup: I wasn't paying close attention to Yaro's remaining HP, and rolled the Spiritual Weapon against him when he'd have already been down. It's pretty much out of character for Eanos to do that. He has a move action left, though, which he could use to re-target the weapon. I'm assuming that would be acceptable, since it misses anyway, so it's not like I'm getting an extra hit out of it. So, the roll says "vs. Yaro," but it's really vs. Rolf. So, amended, the end of Eanos' turn looks like this:

Move: Re-target Spiritual Weapon to Rolf
Spiritual weapon vs. Rolf : Spiritual Weapon attack vs. YaroRolf; Damage; Miss chance. (1d20+7=12, 1d8+2=5, 1d100=87) Miss. [/sblock]

Same Map

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6+5 Reflex: +6+5 Will: +9+8

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Escape Judgement (Hide distraction as move on a hit), Spiritual Weapon (Ranged Attack +07, Damage: 1d8+2)

Current Alias: Silar Tonfirt

In Hand:dagger.

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information
-50 gp bribing guard (weapon)
-50 gp bribing guard (Tyrien's entry)

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 0/6 remaining
Bane: 3/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien looks to end the fight faster. "It is only a matter of time before those two short fellows return with the guards. They we all get tossed out of here. You should not have stole that jewelry and tried to sell it."

She already is beginning to tell the story of how they came to be brawling in the steam room.

"I don't want to kill you, but I fear your angry friend is already gone."

[sblock=Crunch]5ft Step: Updated Map
Activate Arcane Strike
Full Attack on Blancher: 1st Attack Blancher (AS) (1d20+9=15, 1d6+4=7, 1d100=8) - Missed , 2nd Attack Blancher (AS) (1d20+4=21, 1d6+4=7, 1d100=96) = 7 dmg total
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Club (Arcane Strike)
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

With Yaro down the odds are more in your favor... for the moment.

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Rolf slashes at the tart and the cut opens up the skin of her belly, draw blood. Then he gives the knife to his boss.

Blancher keeps up his bad oration, "I promised them to another, that is a hitch. I acquired these items fair and square, bitch!" He takes the knife again and cuts at the red-headed man.

OOC: Combat: Round 6
Yaro dying and bleeding out
Rolf hits Tyrien 12 dmg, hands knife to Blancher
Blancher maintains Inspire Courage +1, hits Eanos 4 dmg

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   34/64 HP remaining; 12 dmg
Eanos:    37/41 HP remaining;  4 dmg

Spells Cast: Litany of Sloth, Spiritual Weapon (3/6 rounds remain)
Abilities Used: Bane (3 rounds)
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  15/30HP: 8 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  42/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC0)  -10/59HP:  Dying
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]No worries, mate. Thanks for explaining and there is no issue on redirecting things after learning results. I often do that for people during my update if they miss it.[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 6

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't know if it's my computer, or the link, or ditzie, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the map up. So long as everyone's in reach, though, I don't know that it matters, but I thought I'd mention it in case you have trouble, too[/sblock]

"The lady has a point," Eanos says. "How does one explain having distinctive family jewels from a family to which one is not a member? Do you think your imminent friend is likely to vouch for you? I somehow doubt he's interested in getting his hands dirty, or he'd not be meeting in a secret club, would he? You have a man to tend to. If you don't want to risk losing the other, or the other's loyalty as you declare your men disposible, I'd suggest valuing man over trinkets."

"The gods have been known to punish those men who value their wealth over their fellows," he adds, and there seems to be a harsh whisper swirling about Eanos' blade at the words. Whatever effect might be had from the whisper goes unknown, however, as the red-haired man's swing goes frustratingly wide.

[sblock=ooc]Move redirect spiritual weapon to Blancher

Spiritual weapon attack: Spiritual Weapon vs. Blancher;damage;miss chance (1d20+7=11, 1d8+2=7, 1d100=20) Miss

Swift: Change to Destruction Judgement (+3 weapon damage).

Standard: Attack Blancher

Dagger attack (5) + Bane (2) vs. Blancher; Damage (1d4+1) w/ Destruction judgment (+3); Bane Damage; Miss chance (1d20+7=8, 1d4+4=6, 2d6=8, 1d100=55)

Miss. Using Determination for an attack re-roll

Determination (Aggression) Re-roll: Attack (5) + Bane (2) vs. Blancher; Dagger damage with Destruction Jugement; Bane damage; miss chance (1d20+7=9, 1d4+4=8, 2d6=6, 1d100=32)

.... which also misses. Ugh.

Conditional: I'm going to go ahead and pre-declare a use of the Warning version of Determination for Tyrien if anyone's attacks against her this round hit. Forces the attacker to re-roll the attack roll only and use the second result. [/sblock]

SAME MAP

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Destruction Judgment (+3 Weapon Damage), Spiritual Weapon (Ranged Attack +07, Damage: 1d8+2)

In Hand:dagger.

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining (?)
Determination: 2/3 remaining
Bane: 2/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien is a bit unperturbed by the back and forth of the taunts and verbal sparring.

"I am going to patch up your friend, as I would hate to see him die unnecessarily. If you attack me while I do it, then he dies and so will you!"

She is not sure how this brawl is going to play out when the guards and bathhouse staff show up. Better to not have to worry about a murder as well.

Taking the chance, Tyrien steps behind the bodyguard and touches the dying brawler as she casts a healing spell. She doesn't worry about getting sliced for her troubles, and will blame Blancher if he does cut her.

Healing on Yaro: CLW on Yaro (1d8+1=9)
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Yaro stops dying, yet remains unconscious.

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Blancher replies, "Do whatever you like to him. He is fired anyway. Rolf, get this guy out of the way."

Rolf makes an attempt to grapple with the red-headed man in front of the door. Eanos slashes his hand badly and the attempt fails.

Blancher agrees to not cut the lithe tart, figuring it is better for her to do whatever she wants to Yaro instead of bashing him with the stolen club. He stops his oration and goes for trying to get past the red-headed fop. He opens the door and tumbles past and out of the steam room.

Guard4_zps683dcbfb.png
Guard3_zpsfbc8b280.png
Guard2_zps4ae45519.png
Guard1_zps83e2b712.png

Once the door is open, you can see bathhouse guards coming towards the steam room, leather cudgels in hand. They are coming to intervene. The first sees the knife in Blancher's hand and steps forward to try smashing him to the ground. The leather club glances off the half-elf's shoulder. "Drop the knife!"

The other two guards coming join him and fourth is coming.

OOC: Combat: Round 7
Yaro stable, but below 0HP
Rolf failed grapple, took 15 dmg from Eanos in AoO
Blancher maintains Inspire Courage +1, opens door, tumbles past
Guard 1 hit Blancher 4 dmg, non-lethal
Guard 2, 3, 4 double moved

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Guards

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   34/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    37/41 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Litany of Sloth, Spiritual Weapon (2/6 rounds remain), CLW(Tyrien)
Abilities Used: Bane (3 rounds), Judgements
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  11/30HP: 12 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  27/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC0)  -1/59HP:  Unconscious, stable
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Normally, I check the link to Ditzie on preview. So it was fine last night. Opened okay on my iPhone today as well. Now is okay too. {Shrugs}
I did have someone else report a issue with another map today as well.[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 7

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Oh, thank GOODNESS!" Eanos calls out, dropping his own blade while Blancher has the guards' attention. "And this horrible, glowing bow he's conjured! Make it go away, as well!" he pleads, waving at the spiritual weapon, which does, indeed, fade from view. He can only hope Tyrien sees his gambit.

"Master Blancher, I beg you to forego any further injury to your reputation and stop this mad, felonious path! Surrender!" Eanos calls.

[sblock=ooc]Even if the armed and armored guards are glass jaws, Eanos isn't interested in getting into a brawl involving them, and so he's doing his best to enlist their aid by painting Blancher as much of a threat as he can.

Free: Drop dagger
Standard Dismiss Spiritual Weapon
Move / Free: Bluff the guards into believing the violent spell is Blancher's:
Swift: Dismiss Bane

Bluff (dismiss?) (1d20+13=32)

[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam), Destruction Judgment (+3 Weapon Damage)

In Hand: None

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Judgement: 1/2 Remaining (?)
Determination: 2/3 remaining
Bane: 2/6 rounds remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Unable to really see what is going on outside the steam room, Tyrien only hears Eanos calling for surrender. She steps over next to Eanos.

She adds to the foe in front of her, "I think you are left to fend for yourself. Gonna surrender?"

With the club held in both hands, cocked over her shoulder, she doesn't take any chances and is prepared to strike Rolf if he doesn't listen to her.

If he does, she tosses the club into the corner to her left.

Readied attack: Club vs. Rolf (non-lethal) or drop the club other wise.
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png

Rolf doesn't push to continue the fight, not without a weapon at least. "Alright, alright. I think I am fired anyway." Tyrien tosses her stole club into the corner.

Blancher is pinned between guards that are threatening to finish the job that the lithe tart started and the lying fop with red hair. He drops the dagger and gestures behind him, "He's a liar! This man should not have even been admitted. Never mind that there is a woman with him in the steam room."

Guard4_zps683dcbfb.png
Guard3_zpsfbc8b280.png
Guard2_zps4ae45519.png
Guard1_zps83e2b712.png

The guards hold off bludgeoning the half-elf to the ground and remark, "What the hell is going on?"

OOC: Combat: Round 8
Yaro stable, but below 0HP
Blancher gets 21 on diplomacy to fail versus Eanos's Bluff

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Guards

Party Status:
Code:
Tyrien:   34/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    37/41 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Litany of Sloth, Spiritual Weapon, CLW(Tyrien)
Abilities Used: Bane (3 rounds), Judgements
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  11/30HP: 12 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  27/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC0)  -1/59HP:  Unconscious, stable
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I think dismissing spells and things like Bane are Free Actions.[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 8

While combat is apparently over, we are going to transition to opposed social skill checks to talk your way out of it.
First exchange goes to Eanos from last round.

Remove ads