[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:58pm: The Roses - Bath House ~

BlancherAvatar_zps530344b5.jpg

Blancher looks over at Eanos with scrutiny and calculation.

"You are correct, this is personal for me as well. I am making sure I get compensated for what they are worth and having one persent surety that the jewels will stay where I sell them for the foreseeable future."

"As much as like to help you, these jewels are not going to be available to anyone that could potentially sell them to the wrong person, even by accident. Besides, I have made a deal and the person I am meeting is not one that I want to have a vendetta with me."

"Now you answer something for me. Who told you about these jewels and my business arrangement?"

Blancher is friendly enough in his tone, but watching Eanos very carefully as he awaits and answer.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, even friendly and helpful would not change his mind. Just makes him nicer when he says, "no" ;) [/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Same Map

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ah. K. That's fine. I have a rules question here, then, since it looks like Intimidate only forces a character act "as if friendly." If I'm reading that right, then, Intimidate will actually be completely ineffective in getting any further to locating the jewels than Diplomacy was, with the added penalty of extra hostility afterward, yes?

I'm going to think over my next move while I wait for an answer. Eanos isn't beyond just taking the jewels if necessary, since he's reasonably certain Elenore has a moral right to them (hooray Chaotic Good, there). I'm just not even sure, given his responses, that I have any good ideas on how to find the jewels in the first place. Then there's the extra complication that all of our stuff is in another room in need of gathering, so I'm not sure there's a good way to make any kind of getaway that doesn't involve losing expensive equipment and / or running naked through the streets of Venza. :)

I'll throw a Perception check here, I guess, while I ponder. Maybe Eanos will get lucky and just see them if they're stashed near enough....

Perception w/o Ioun stone (1d20+12=19)[/sblock]

Map unchanged.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien follows the exchange and by-play as Eanos tries to convince the half-elf to sell them the jewels. She thinks the red-headed man has been very smooth talking, but it is not going to be enough.

The way the man had been talking about the jewel's it sounded like he had them. Cocking her head to the side, she looks him over.

"Could I at least look at the jewelry? You do have the items here with you, right?" She nods to the item next to Blancher on the bench.

[sblock=Crunch]Perception (1d20+15=34)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Blancher turns to the tart and nods, "Sure. They are right here for safekeeping."

He places his hand on the small velvet lined pouch that has been sitting beside him the whole time. Lifting it up, he opens it and pulls out a necklace carefully. Letting the pouch sit beside him on the bench, opposite side from Eanos, he lays the necklace out on a towel over his lap.
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, it certainly would make no sense for Intimidation to work when diplomacy failed with the NPC already friendly.
I used the Perception rolls to make it flow with the social interaction and had him show the jewels because of it. Of course, I have been dropping hints that he had them along with his word choice.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Same Map

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Let us say only that the servants of nobility are not nearly as unpliable to gold as your own, stalwart self," Eanos demurs in answer to Blancher's question. "To say more would betray business relationships of my own, and as you've made quite clear, such is unbecoming a good businessman."

Eanos looks longingly to the necklace when it's revealed, then turns his attention back to Tyrien with a sigh.

"We've seen greatness, my lovely, but alas it appears purchase has been snatched from us. I suppose there is naught left but to allow our new friend to return his preciousness to whence it came and for us to take our leave," he blathers melodramatically as he stands.

"My thanks for a brief glimpse, good sir. You may hide the glory away again until your good benefactor arrives." Here he sighs again.

[sblock=ooc]Eanos' answer isn't a lie. He bribed several servants of nobility to get to Blancher, so it's plenty factual, as is his "I can't tell you more." It seems to me a vague enough answer to not require bluffing, but I can roll again if you need me to.

The Bluff roll below is to try to send a simple message to Tyrien: grab and go on the jewels once they're back in the bag.

Essentially, I figure it would be harder to grab both the exposed necklace and the bag, especially as then it takes two hands or both characters grabbing stuff. I think this is enough to get the simple message across if I'm reading right:

Secret message to Tyrien. (1d20+13=17)

If we manage surprise / initiative, Eanos is also planning to Litany of Sloth the guard by the door to try to avoid some AoO so we can run, FYI.[/sblock]

UPDATED MAP (wasn't sure how to delete the prone indicator for Eanos, so I just moved it off the map).

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6+5 Reflex: +6+5 Will: +9+8

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam)

Current Alias: Silar Tonfirt

In Hand:component pouch / towel.

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information
-50 gp bribing guard (weapon)
-50 gp bribing guard (Tyrien's entry)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 0/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien catches Eanos's look and then turns her gaze to the necklace as the half-elf puts it away in the pouch. If she understands his meaning correctly, her partner is asking her to grab it and they will try to make a dash of it.

She makes an attempt to distract the men looking at her as she makes her play for the pouch.

"So sorry, that is too bad. Whoops, look at this," Tyrien says in distraction as she flipps her towel open to reveal her womanly parts. The attempt was probably too obviously staged.

[sblock=Crunch]Bluff (1d20+1=12)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Blancher had put the necklace away and his eyes go from the fop to the tart and back again. He is not fooled by either of you.

"Just hold on here." He wriggles his fingers while enchanting some words.

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png
Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png

His two bodyguards stand up and glare at you. So far they have not moved to attack.

[sblock=Spellcraft Check DC17]Blancher is casting Detect Thoughts, Will DC16[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Updated Map

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos doesn't recognize the spell Blancher incants, but the fact that the man is doing so at all likely doesn't bode well. As Tyrien seems to have a clear idea of what Eanos has asked of her, he decides to do what he can to try to make their way out easier to accomplish.

He turns to the guard by the door, and pours on the angry, jealous partner element as he moves to block view of Tyrien. "I would warn you to keep your leering eyes and wandering hands off of my lady friend unless you want one or both sets ruined," he growls.

[sblock=ooc]Fail on the spellcraft, so he doesn't recognize the spell:

Spellcraft (1d20+4=15)

I don't think you can stack Bluff distractions, or I think they get massive penalties. So, let's see if a more traditionally inquisitor-y tactic helps. He'll try to demoralize the guard at the door in an effort to soften him up for if / when Tyrien makes her grab for the jewels:

Intimidate (demoralize) vs. Yaro (1d20+13=22)[/sblock]

SAME MAP

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6+5 Reflex: +6+5 Will: +9+8

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: 20% concealment (steam)

Current Alias: Silar Tonfirt

In Hand:component pouch / towel.

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information
-50 gp bribing guard (weapon)
-50 gp bribing guard (Tyrien's entry)

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 0/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien doesn't recognize the spell either and with her companion trying to keep the guards off of them, she doesn't bother with subtly any more. She really wished she had a bow, but if things really break down to violence she at least has a knife.
She is suddenly glad she has it.

Forgetting completely that she is supposed to be a tart and a lady, she says, "Don't be casting any spells on me! "

She tries to kick Blancher to interrupt his concentration.

[sblock=Crunch]Attacking to trigger Initiative rolling
Kick Blancher (Non-lethal) (1d20+9=11, 1d3+2=5) & 2nd Kick Blancher (Non-lethal) (1d20+4=10, 1d3+2=3)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Rolf_zpsca293c3f.png
Yaro_zpsfbbeb15f.png

Yaro is taken aback by the sudden vehemence of the red-headed fop and looks hesitant.

Blancher doesn't react very fast as he was concentrating on his spell and Rolf was too slow to stop the half-elven tart from kicking his boss. The girl's feet are not big, but they are bony and leave bruises. She landed both.

OOC: Combat: Round 1
[sblock=Combat Information]Everyone is aware, they are flat-footed
Yaro starts shaken (2 rounds of -2Att)
20% Concealment in effect (roll 1d100, Miss on 1-20)
Tyrien's attacks occur in Round 1, Blancher takes 8 Non-lethal dmg

Initiative:
Tyrien and Eanos
Blancher, Yaro and Rolf
Gnome & Dwarf

Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Blancher (AC14/FF 11/Touch 14/CMD16)  22/30HP: (Prone -4AC) 8 Non-lethal dmg
Rolf        (AC13/FF 11/Touch 13/CMD14)  42/42HP: 
Yaro       (AC13/FF 13/Touch 13/CMD14)  59/59HP: Shaken 2 rounds
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 1

Intimidate triggers combat and doesn't count for Round 1. Tyrien's move to attack triggers combat as well to cause Initiative Roll, but her actions are counted for Round 1 since you guys won.

Remove ads