[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC Note]
Jkason said:
When your nonlethal damage equals your current hit points, you're staggered [...] and when it exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious. It probably still complicates things insofar as it's harder to hit when you're trying to knock out, but I think the "make him fall to the ground" time from lethal / non-lethal damage combinations should be roughly the same as taking a single track? I don't use NL a lot, though, so if I'm misreading, my apologies for muddying things.
It is not that bad, actually. Just add them together and not there is NL damage. The only real difference is getting staggered 0HP. With NL you are limited to single action, but you can still attack without taking an additional point of damage and falling unconscious. Also once negative HP with NL, you don’t keep bleeding out until you actual damage exceeded your total HP.

… okay maybe it is not that easy either. :p

I am tempted to do the same thing against the leader for interrogation purposes, since I am not sure a flunky is enough.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Eanos' arrows perforate the chest of one of the attackers, and he falls to the ground, burbling blood. Another staggers under the dual assasult of Heinrich's spell and Tyrien's arrow. The man's eyes cross, but he staggers to spear range and stabs at Tyrien. Half-concussed, his attacks do little more than skitter across her armor. The man on the rooftop has slightly more success with his bowshots, and an arrow scores across her hip. Meanwhile, the thug next to Eanos hits him in the ribs again with a glancing blow.

Combat Map

[sblock=Combat Information]Eanos drops Highwayman 2. Highwayman 1 misses Tyrien. Highwayman 3 hits Eanos for 10. Boss hits Tyrien for 8.

The next successful attack on Highwayman 3 will almost certainly drop him.

Initiative:
Party
Highwaymen

Party Stats:
Code:
Heinrich:   24/38 HP remaining
Tyrien:     41/64 HP remaining
Eanos:      33/61 HP remaining

Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Highwayman 1 (AC18/10Touch/18FF): Moderately injured (17 damage), longspear in hand
[s]Highwayman 2 (AC18/10Touch/18FF): Dying (59 damage)[/s]
Highwayman 3 (AC18/10Touch/18FF): Severely injured/near collapse (37 damage + 12 NL), halberd in hand
Highwayman Boss (AC19/14Touch/15FF): Severely injured (30 damage), longbow in hand, high ground, partial cover
[/sblock]

BH_150.jpg
Highwayman_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . . Highwayman . . .

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Looks like I'm stuck, yes?" Eanos says as he sees the spearman has moved in a way that ostensibly blocks his options for firing without drawing a threat.

He winks at the closer Highwayman and whispers, "But I know something you don't know." With a woosh of air, the archer disappears, only to blink back into existance on the far side of the man he dropped in a bloody pool.

"Don't need to walk to get where I'm going," he finishes with a grin. Taking his cue from Tyrien, Eanos snags a blunt arrow from his enchanted quiver, loosing it at the surprised highwayman. He bites his lip as he sees the arc of the shot, but even as he does so, an unnatural gust of wind seems to right the shot, which bounces solidly off his target's temple.

"Only one left down here, boyo!" Eanos calls to the man threatening Tyrien with his reach. "Awful burden, that." Again, a second, whispering voice seems carried with the inquisitor's words, and the lance man finds his reactions impaired.

UPDATED MAP

[sblock=ooc]
Move: Dimensional Hop 15' (doesn't provoke)
Standard: Nonlethal attack H3 (or whoever's on the verge of falling over) with blunt arrow: +13 w/ Justice (+2), PBS (+1), Nonlethal (-4); NL damage with Destruction (+2), PBS (+1)

Nonlethal attack H3 (or whoever's on the verge of falling over) with blunt arrow: +13 w/ Justice (+2), PBS (+1), Nonlethal (-4); NL damage with Destruction (+2), PBS (+1) (1d20+12=17, 1d8+5=6)

Oh, for the love of ... Screw it. Eanos is burning a Determination to re-roll.

Determination re-roll: Nonlethal attack H3 (or whoever's on the verge of falling over) with blunt arrow: +13 w/ Justice (+2), PBS (+1), Nonlethal (-4); NL damage with Destruction (+2), PBS (+1) (1d20+12=17, 1d8+5=6) (1d20+12=27, 1d8+5=7)

That's better. 7 more Nonlethal damage. Our wobbly Highwayman should be taking a nap now.

Swift: Litany of Sloth on H1 (lance highway guy). No AoO for him again this round.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF)
HP:61 Current: 43
Senses: Perception 17 (22 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6
Reflex: +8
Will: +9
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions: Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed), Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception (does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim) , -4 save vs odor based effects), Justice (+2 attack) & Destruction (+2 damage) Judgements, Bane (human)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Arrows: 25/31
Blunt Arrows: 19/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/3 Remaining
Determination: 2/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 8/8 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 65'/80' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=confusion]
Now its my turn for needing clarity: ai see you list of Highwaymen has #2 down, but ditzie shows that one up and # 3 down.
So I guess I need to know so I can determine if there is any casting defensively or not.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien ignored the second wound, not letting it affect her aim, "Very nice, Eanos. I had not known you can do that. We have a prisoner if we need one to interrogate now, so there is no reason to go easy on the rest."

She nocked two arrows at once and stepped in close to the spearman again to be inside his reach. She put both into his face at point blank range, the fletching sticking out from his eye sockets as the heads protruded from the back of his skull. He was dead before his fell to the street.

Her next two arrows flew up at the man on the roof, one getting him as well.

Updated Map For Tyrien & Eanos
[sblock=Crunch]5ft step, updated map
Full Attack: 1st 2 Arrows (MS, RS, DA) at Highwayman 1 (1d20+14=34, 2d8+20=35), Crit Confirm (MS, RS, DA) at Highwayman 1 (1d20+14=27, 2d8+20=34) = Total 69 KIA
2nd Attack (RS, DA) at Boss (1d20+14=32, 1d8+10=12)
3rd Attack (DA) at Boss (1d20+9=15, 1d8+10=16)
Total on Boss is 12 dmg[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 41
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock] [sblock=Scott DeWar]
Now its my turn for needing clarity: ai see you list of Highwaymen has #2 down, but ditzie shows that one up and # 3 down.
So I guess I need to know so I can determine if there is any casting defensively or not.
After Eanos’s actions, both of them are down. Also, Tyrien just killed the remaining Highwayman with a critical.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]

Sorry, the tags on the different guys got messed up. Two of the bandits are dead, one is unconscious, and the boss is still alive. You do not need to cast defensively.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=GM]

Sorry, the tags on the different guys got messed up. Two of the bandits are dead, one is unconscious, and the boss is still alive. You do not need to cast defensively.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
got it, highwayman boss is the only one left standing.
[/sblock]

We must not let this scabous excuse of humanity escape, Heinrich considers, "Schweben!" [translate: german for levitate]

Action: Cast level 2 spell on the boss: levitate [20 feet], to keep him from escaping.
Save: none; duration: 9 minutes
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/levitate

Scott DeWar

[sblock=GM]Levitate has to be cast on a willing subject. You can retcon the post if you'd like.[/sblock]

[sblock= open at your own risk]
@#%^ #!## #!!! !#$$ @!!* #%&(
translation: :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D
[/sblock]

retcon: Ye alde standby of magic missile
5d4+5=21

[sblock=stat block] Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30'

AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr]
touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or ablative barrier may apply]

HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Consumables: Wand of CLW [cl1] 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges
oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stoneshape cl 7]
In hand: Dagger
Effects:
light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins]
Per day use abilities:
Fire jet DC 16 [Used: 0/8]

Dancing flame [used 0/4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wizard Spells prepared]
0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance

level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*)* ear pierce scream * magic missile
* magic missile * shield * Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Feather fall
pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile
pearl of power lv 1: Magic Missile

level 2: * Cat's grace * False Life * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E]
* Levitate
pearl of power lv 2: cat's grace
pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E)

level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E)* Haste* Haste* ablative barrier* lightning bolt
pearl of power lv 3: ablative barrier

level 4: * summon monster 4 (E)* summon monster 4 (E)* stone skin* stone skin

level 5: * lightning arc* wall of force* Elemental body [E]
Legend:
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
As the last of his compatriots falls, the leader on the rooftop turns to run and calls out, "Hah! You'll never get m-" His declaration is cut short by one of Heinrich's magic missiles, followed by the crackling magical impacts of the remaining four. From above comes the sound of a body collapsing, quickly followed by the sound of a body sliding downward across slate roof tiles. A moment later, the corpse slides bonelessly off the edge and plummets the thirty feet to the cobblestones, landing headfirst with a wet splash.

Harry groans, and then says through gritted teeth, "That sounded bad for Mack, I think. Gods, I hope so ... if you don't mind my saying."

To the side, one of the highwaymen breathes out a death rattle. Another one moves weakly, concussed and barely alive.

[sblock=Combat Information]Combat over. You've got one captive. The boss is extremely dead.

I'll get XP up shortly.

Loots are: Selection of masterwork weapons (longspear, heavy flail, spiked chain, halberd), 3x masterwork half plate, 4x cloaks of resistance +1, potion of invisibility, chain shirt +1, comp longbow +1 (+1 str), ring of deflection +1. Also some arrows, javelins, and sunrods/smokesticks etc. I imagine most of this will be vendor trash for you guys, but if there's anything specific you want to know about or take, let me know.

Party Stats:
Code:
Heinrich:   24/38 HP remaining
Tyrien:     41/64 HP remaining
Eanos:      33/61 HP remaining
[/sblock]

BH_150.jpg
Highwayman_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . . Highwayman . . .

Remove ads