[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Expect if it was just a truth spell or two, they'd have saved the money and bought those," Eanos says with an assuring tone to Heinrich. Then he gives a sidelong glance back to the pair of potential employers before adding with a wry smile, "State of things like it is, might still be plenty useful to have fireballs on hand."

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
Senses: Perception 16, Sense Motive 18/21
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6
Will: +9

Conditions: None

In Hand: Bow

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.'[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A quick nod to Eanos, Heinrich says, "Ja I haf. Und Oh-ter spells in case vee encounter fuer resistance creatures. My last job vas mostly fuer resistance creatures, like das Salamanders. Bad tings zose. I vas not prepared fur that fight."

A discreat look about to see what a fight in the present circumstances puts Heinrich on an edge of readiness on the case of a surprise at any time. He is not wanting to be in the middle of a turf war, but innocents are at risk.

"Vith das innocents persons battle vill be very troublesome tactically. Vee neet to work out battle plans while vee haf the quiet time to do so.Ja?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien just glared at Kalgor and debated internally if she should empty her apple mead on his head or shoot arrows into his back at the first opportunity. Maybe when she was younger she would have stuck out her tongue and verbally retaliated. She just shook her head and said nothing.

Looking at the red-headed wizard she has trouble making out what he was saying and was glad Eanos could. When it came to fancy words and lying to people, the red-headed archer proved himself.

She remarked about the fireballs in a dead-pan, “Just remember we are not out there to add more fuel to the fire.”

Tyrien had nothing more to say. All she needed to do was hear the offer of payment, let Eanos negotiate a better price, and gather the rest of her gear from her apartment on the way to the ship.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

The red headed Wizard turns and grins with his eyes mostly closed like measuring another person's mettle.

"More. Fule. To. The. Fire. Ist Hilarious" He grins and chuckles.

Systole

First Post
"Eh ... money," the halfling says dismissively, as if such things are beneath her. "I believe the bounty currently stands at forty thousand sovereigns, plus full claim on the guilty party's possessions. If you want to haggle, you'll have to talk directly to Mr. Cato or Mr. King." She smirks. "Please let me know if you plan to try."

Rahor nods at Heinrich. "To burning down the town is good start, Elder. I recommend this thing many time."

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

GM: Haggling in LPF is difficult because of TBG. Let's just say it's a fair price.

Scott DeWar

wide eyed wizard

"Burn down town? Nein Nein NEIN! Nicht vhat I mean!! I say, I must be careful NOT to burn down town!"

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos studies the two representative a moment, considering the offer against the trouble that was bound to result. He glances to Tyrien and merely raises an eyebrow to convey his own opinion that he felt these two likely to be intractable on price. He also didn't miss Sugar Sweet's clear dismissal of monetary gain, though he tried not to dwell on what it might be the vicious, small humanoid might find the best reason for taking work.

"Figure whoever makes it under both your radar probably has gear worth having," he says with a nod.

[sblock=ooc]I figured as much. With the Wealth Per Level in place, haggling is largely filler. I'd rather spend the RP on plot-forwarding when I have the time for it, myself. :)

Besides, Eanos figures being on the good side of not one, but two "connected" organizations might be worth something in and of itself at some point. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
Senses: Perception 16, Sense Motive 18/21
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6
Will: +9

Conditions: None

In Hand: Bow

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.'[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich is deep in contemplative thought, but nothing is coming to term.

OOC: Guys, I am drawing a blank on more. Sorry.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Forty thousand? Forty thousand? Nah, something doesn't feel right. I am fine hunting undead or demons. But, hunting humans is just not my style. Forty thousand is not just a request to bring someone to justice..."
"But..."
"Nah. Not interested. Sorry to you both, but I am going to decline your offer of work."

Kalgor gets up from his seat and goes back on out into the main bar room. The cat looks around the room, seems to shrug his shoulders a bit, and says "Oh welll, gooodbye." and then follows his master out.
[section]

[sblock=Actions]talk[/sblock][sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, +1d6 Precise when flanking with Gragnor or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored, CL9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (80 minutes)
.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, 1 Scroll of Fly, 1 Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion, size small
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Normal Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Piranha Bite
.+8, d4+5; Claw ..+8, d3+5; Claw .+8, d3+5 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien only nodded as Kalgor and Kitty departed, not really sorry to see the gruff man go.

Turning to the pair of red-headed men she said, "I am in."

"So, we are going to rely on spells and arrows to deal with the murderer or murderers..."

"Heinrich, how are you at conjuring up monsters to put between us and potential foes? What about creating obstacles like illusions that will either slow down the enemy or just keep them back? I can fill them full of arrows, but it is a bit harder if they get close to us."

"Also, does everyone have a healing wand? I can use them fine, but I am very limited on healing spells in combat. I can cast two minor ones and that's it."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Remove ads