[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ja, I haf one spell to summon. I can summon lion, Tiger or bear, or other creature. I can summon elemental even, fire uf course. I can do once, maybe twice."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

If they did not have many battles to fight in tracking down the murderers, then a few spells might be enough.

Tyrien said, "Hmm, I have some more gold if we need to purchase a scroll or two. A couple hundred at least."

"Do you both have a healing wand?"
She asked each in turn.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Ooh, a shame," Sugar Sweet says as Kalgor leaves. "It would have been so interesting."

Rahor glares at the halfling. "What was you say to make spawn of Hunter in Darkness leaving?" He grits his teeth, "It was because he think you unworthy, I am think."

The halfling smirks at him, "Maybe he thought you were unworthy, Mr. of Clan Gregga. After all, you swore that oath and I'm still alive. In fact, I'm right here in front of you, am I not? It's seems rather un-Jiragan, if I may say so."

The wild elf starts to reply, but he stops and the color drains from his face. He's clearly shaken by the idea. "I ... I am not ... These peoples are good ... accepted on behalf of King's Crew..." he mumbles. "I am ... I will meet you at boats." He hurriedly steps outside.

Watching him leave, Sugar Sweet has an unbearably smug and satisfied look on her face. "I suppose I'll see you tomorrow morning then?" she says a moment later, still savoring Rahor's shame and discomfort. "We're leaving on the morning tide. We'll be taking the Magritte, currently docked at the central wharf. Until then." The halfling gives a small bow, hops down off the table and saunters out.

GM: When you're ready, post your arrival to the docks tomorrow morning.

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

[sblock=K:Local 10]The central wharf is Venza's premier dock. Whoever can find a place to berth there is either a noble, or is a premier importer/exporter, or has some incredible connections.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos has trouble hiding his surprise as the dark warrior and his companion leave the room. His eyebrows narrow a moment as he seems to puzzle over it, but he says nothing.

He waits until both employers have been gone a few moments, checking the door to see they aren't eavesdropping, then turns to the two who remain, frowning.

"Not sure what that was about," he says, nodding in the direction Kalgor left and giving a raised eyebrow to Tyrien, "Hoping it's just whatever bad blood you two have, and not his sussing out something worse about those two than I did."

He crosses back into the room, lowering his voice despite having checked at the door.

"'Code phrase' was a load of cow's dung," he says, referring to 'Reginald needs a bath.' "Made it up to tork off the elf. Dunno what it means, but we hear it anywhere, only going to mean trouble.

"'Course, when the folks paying us don't mind jerking us around, not sure there's anything about this that won't be trouble, yes?"
he offers in a normal voice.

He nods to Tyrien. "Got a wand of my own, and Lady of Secrets blesses me to use it," he replies to her query on wands.

"Don't want to count on Heinrich having time to summon a beastie, though. Going to check the pearl for something more useful close up than this," he holds up his left hand with its cestus. "Afraid I might need it."

[sblock=ooc]Well, that was fast. :(

I'll have to take a look at my gear and re-assess what Eanos has. He's basically built with little more than some "oh sh**" melee options, since inquisitoriness doesn't allow for much fighty variety -- and since his archetypes are geared toward social and support roles. And ... now there's a lot less to support.

I don't know if I'll have time to get to it today. Wasn't expecting this particular turn. I'll try to get it sorted by tomorrow.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
Senses: Perception 16, Sense Motive 18/21
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6
Will: +9

Conditions: None

In Hand: Bow

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Agree, code vas sheite. I haf wand, but not easy to use it. If wee haf tomorrow to leave vee can haf more summon creature spells.I haf spells also to make you as fast as lightning or graceful like cat. I can do twice right now. I can make me into creature uf plane of fire, but das ist only once today. Othervise ist only tings linke ball uf fire or boltuf lightnng."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien did not comment about Kalgor and was thoughtful as they discussed their plans. She nodded as they let the cat out of the bag on the joke code word.

“Good that you have the healing wand. Either myself or Eanos can use it on you should the need arise, Heinrich.”

“Though, I think we can do just fine without you standing in the front taking blows, Eanos. All we really need is to keep our foes back from reaching us until we take them out with spells and arrows.”

“Patches of grease might work nicely. Illusionary trenches the delay them as they go around. That sort of thing.”

Tyrien looked at both of the red-headed men with a look of inquiry to see if there was more to discuss.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post

Eanos considers, then cocks his head to one side, as if listening to another voice no one else hears. He raises one eyebrow, then nods. "Suppose I have a few spears if they get too close, and my Lady tells me there may be a new secret she can share for helping me avoid getting too close to trouble.

"Need to stock up at the pearl before it gets too late. With all the underhandeds, might be good to get some antitoxin. Not sure we'll be able to trust the plates in front of us, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Okay, after checking with Systole, I'm going to go ahead and throw some DMC at Eanos to get him up to 8. It's actually a pretty big level for him: second judgement, dex bump for another bonus, iterative attack, and he finally gains access to his Dimension Hop domain ability (the "secret" Issolatha just whispered to him for getting out of trouble).

I have it mostly done, then have to use the gold to get another goody. Probably going to try for spider climb shoes (seems like they might be a good combo with the move-action teleporting), though we'll have to see.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
Senses: Perception 16, Sense Motive 18/21
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien nodded and gestured to the door of the room as they were all pretty much decided to go shopping.

"Hmm, that is a good point. I am not carrying any anti-toxin normally. And that reminds me of something else."

"Eanos, are you able to cast a spell of restoration that deals with some of the lessor curses and afflictions? I cannot cast the spell myself, but if I bought one on a scroll would you be able to?"

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post

Eanos's hand drifts to where the silvered key hangs under his armor, cocking his head to one side as if listening intently to someone at his ear, then he nods to Tyrien's question.

"Not a secret she's given me, but the Lady can show me the workings with a scroll as an aid," he confirms, moving to leave, himself.

[sblock=ooc]Translation: I didn't pick it for one of his spells known, but Lesser and regular Restoration are on the Inquisitor list, so he can cast it from scrolls.

FYI, I'm plopping in his new mini-stats so I don't forget to update them, though Eanos isn't approved yet.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF)
HP:61 Current: 61
Senses: Perception 17, Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6
Reflex: +8

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/3 Remaining
Bane: 8/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 8/8 rounds remaining
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Remove ads