[LPF] Expansion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel warms up to the merchant, "Why yes, good sir, we are planning to meet up with Aldofo at the Broken Log very shortly. We appreciate your insights. You have been most helpful."

"You mentioned previous difficulties for Theodore Savi. Would you mind terribly to elaborat or explain, please?"

OOC: Attempt to improve attitude; Diplomacy (1d20+9=17)

OOC: 4 decades of a relationship means the Savi brothers are old men? Was Theo human and in his 60's? Not the mental image that I had, but I can roll with it.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (20 with shield, 16 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra seems content to wait as Ariel, who seems to be the best leader in the bunch so far, conducts her interview with the merchant. Meanwhile, she guides Shafty along via the reigns. He doesn't see much interested in anything at the moment, content to let her guide him here and there as she eyes some of the goods. A thought strikes her (not literally, no) and she pauses to give a long, hard look to the scabbards and belts, looking for something that might have a good loop from which one could hang something, like, say, a small axe or something. With her free hand she touches or lifts a little this belt or that which looks interesting or as if it might suit what she is thinking.

OOC: *megasupergiantfacepalmatfirsttworollsfail*

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=sunshadow21]
to show bb codes you can show exactly what it should be with the following example:
[noparse][quote]I sure this works right[/quote[/noparse]
[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
Although wishing they can get going, Megan listens patiently as Ariel conducts her business, her hand unconsciously rubbing against the spot where the shark bit her. After their last employer, it pays to be careful.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
After hearing the merchant talk of her current employer, Naria is sure he is an honest man. After a few moments she addresses Ariel. "Well it would seem that Her ladies justice has a tongue for this..." Naria takes a bite of apple before finishing "let's see if your sword is as sharp as your tongue."

[sblock=Mini Stats] Naria
Initiative: +6 (+5 fatigued)
AC: 18 (15 w/out shield, 16 raging, 17 fatigued, 15 touch, 13 flatfooted)
HP: 15 (17 raging) Current: 15
CMB: +3 (+5 raging, +2 fatigued) CMD: 18 (20 raging, 16 fatigued)
Fort: +4 (+6 raging) Reflex: +4 (+3 fatigued) Will: +1 (+3 raging)
Resistance: None

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Rage: 6/6 rounds per day
[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Not all of that four decades was with Theo at the helm, as Ariel is about to find out. Theodore is somewhere in his early 30s and Adolfo in his mid 20s.

"Well, I suppose if you are working for them you will find out soon enough, but please try to not make a big deal of it, as death is a hard subject to discuss, and a double death even more so. Recently the old man, who was my employer for so long passed away, leaving Theodore, the oldest brother, in charge. The old man had a good long life and his death was not particularly unexpected, but the shoes he left behind to fill are daunting ones that even Theodore, who had been groomed for the task, found them challenging.

Most of the family accepted Theodore as the new head and the business received new life as Theodore implemented his vision for the business almost immediately. One brother, however, found the new order stifling, and turned to adventuring, though the family tried to spin the change in the most positive light possible. On young Gregori's first attempt of adventuring, he was killed by some bandits, and his body was brought back by his fellow adventurers. The funeral was touching, with the merchant who had hired Gregori contributing a fair bit to see that the brave lad was sent off properly.

The whole family was stung by the loss of Gregori, who had been one of the closest to their father, but Theodore and Adolfo were hit the hardest. Theodore, because he blamed himself for his brother's death; I suspect that part of the reason that he took the time to hire you himself rather than relying on the usual people was to assuage some of that guilt. Adolfo, because aside from their father, he was the closest to Gregori, and both had enjoyed the outdoors and wilder pursuits more than the rest of the family. I don't know what Adolfo is up to, but I can guarantee whatever it is involves honoring Gregori's death; I just hope he doesn't let his mourning turn into needing revenge."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Audra looks around the rest of Arcane Row, but it seems be fairly slow today, with less than the usual amounts of merchants, and she is unable to find anything interesting.

Caim

First Post
"That is unfortunate. If the brothers so wish maybe we can dish out a little justice if we come across the same bandits or if they come across their location." Naria grabs the hilt of her scimitar as she simply looks at the old merchant. "Revenge is something I know well."

[sblock=Mini Stats] Naria
Initiative: +6 (+5 fatigued)
AC: 18 (15 w/out shield, 16 raging, 17 fatigued, 15 touch, 13 flatfooted)
HP: 15 (17 raging) Current: 15
CMB: +3 (+5 raging, +2 fatigued) CMD: 18 (20 raging, 16 fatigued)
Fort: +4 (+6 raging) Reflex: +4 (+3 fatigued) Will: +1 (+3 raging)
Resistance: None

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Rage: 6/6 rounds per day
[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
"The death to a close one is never easy to deal with. Revenge might not be the answer, but I'll gladly cut down some bandits if that's Adolfo is after. Plus, I need some practice with my new slicers." Megan says that with a grin.

Pulling Ariel aside, "Theo doesn't sound like the type to cross us, but since our job might have to do with Gregori's death, we might want to find out more about that. Maybe we can find a sellsword or two who was with him or even the merchant who hired him?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

At interruption about her sword being sharp, Ariel gives the wild woman, Naria, a look. Hard to say if it is chastising, annoyance or disappointment, but it is definitely a look. However, she doesn't retort aloud.

Turning back to the merchant, she continues, "How long ago was this? It sounds recent."

"I am wondering if this revenge you refer to might be directed at the adventuring party Gregori was a member of. You don't happen to know their names do you?"

To her companions she agrees, "Bringing bandits to justice. That is something I am trained to do. Her will shall be done."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (20 with shield, 16 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Remove ads