[LPF] Expansion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel, not being very tall herself, can sympathize with short people. She introduces herself, loud enough for the adult to hear, "Good day, young lady. I am Ariel, we would like to speak with your father. I assume his name is Alfred Firestreak."

"We have some questions about an unpleasant subject that is perhaps not meant for your delicate ears young one."

The irony of the cleric only being 16 years old is completely lost on her. Once the father (assuming he is Alfred) talks to them, she spends a few moments explaining who they are, why they are there, and what they already have learned.

"If you good please tell us what you know concerning Gregori Savi's death, that would be most helpful."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (20 with shield, 16 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Pardon me if I don't play this part out, but this is literally the summary of an entire adventure that you are going to get from him, where I actually did kill one of the level 1 party members on a critical. Which is one reason I don't care to roll in public; that shot the rest of the fight down the tubes for everyone.

Alfred will invite you all into his office and when he hears why you are there, he gives you, after several diversions and tangents, the following story:

[sblock=A Merchant in Need of Assistance summary]Roondar Murnig Turen,a alchemist/merchant bringing goods from [the trade city north of the Great Chasm] to Venza to close a deal with Alfred Firestreak for him to sell their goods and vice versa in their respective shops, and was robbed by his own hired guards about a day out of town. After reporting the incident to the local authorities, who seemed to care little, he was taken to the Dunn Wright Inn by Alfred as the quickest source of assistance, where he found 4 fresh adventurers willing to help him. He knew the name of a roadside tavern about a half a days travel out, The Broken Log, that the guards turned bandits talked about frequently in the days before leading up to the robbery.

The party went out to the Broken Log, and tracked the bandits to an abandoned compound where after a tense standoff and arrow fight, the adventurers finally engaged the bandits, leaving Gregori dead, but when the witch made one of the fighters grow, the bandits fled, except for one who tried to bluff the party into letting him do the same by pretending his wand of Cure Light Wounds was actually a wand of Fireball capable of torching the wagons. He was made prisoner, and with prisoner, wagon, and dead body in tow, the exhausted party returned to town, where they reported to the same shop you are currently in. After hearing the news of the death, the Savi Brothers were notified as quickly as possible, the adventurers were paid, a funeral was held for Gregori, with his portion of the pay and a bit extra helping make the funeral a memorable one. That was only a few weeks ago, so the fact that the Savi Brothers have been able to turn their grief into productive action so quickly is a testament to how often they have had to face this kind of painful situation. Also, he knows that from the information given to them by the prisoner, who was subsequently hanged, the authorities have issued a warrant and a reward for bringing these bandits to justice.[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
"That is what it appears to be." Naria looking to Megan.

Now looking to Ariel. "Looks like we'll be handing out the Ladies Justice after all."

Stepping away from the gnome and the rest of the group Naria looks out into the street. "I have no doubt that we will be helping the Savi Brothers expand their business but it would seem that he is hoping to engage these bandits." Naria lets out a sigh as she turns back around. "It would seem that our business is down here. If we have anymore questions I think we should take them to Adolfo."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel nods to Naria and rests her hand on the hilt of her scimitar, "Her will be done." That appears to settle the issue in the petite warmaiden's mind.

Bidding farewell to the gnome, she says, "Thank you, Alfred. We shall take our leave of you."

Heading out side with the others she says, "I am doing a quick stop to pick up a longspear I ordered at the Mystic Pearl and then I am ready to."

OOC: Ready to advance the scene.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (20 with shield, 16 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Longspear

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra listens to the round about method of revealing tale. She keeps her eyes locked on a spot nowhere in particular, allowing her to focus more on the words than on the actions, figuring the others seem more than capable of discerning if any such queues might cause alarm.

I concur. Such acts cannot go unpunished. Though if one of their number has been captured and punished, it might make the others the more difficult to dig from their den. Let us indeed hope that Adolfo has the information we may need to carry out whatever task he seeks from us. Ignorance can be a mighty enemy, especially when teamed with the Unknown.

With things apparently settled, Audra provides a respectful bow to the Gnome and waits for her companions, following them out.

OOC: Audra has no further business to conduct so is ready when everyone else is.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Before you leave, Alfred gives you some cinnamon flavored apples from one of his bins. "These should help you make friends with the horses faster. They are made by the Turens and horses love them."

sunshadow21

Explorer
sunshadow21-albums-maps-picture1282-barons-cross-beaver-junction.jpg

You leave town out the main gate to the east on the wide trade route. With the horses, you make good time, and following the directions given to you by Theo Savi, you find Baron's Cross with no trouble. The stream to your left is crossed here by two notable objects. The first you see is an extremely battered beaver dam, which gives the crossing its second name, Beaver Crossing, that looks like its about to fall down into the water any second. The second is the bridge that leads you to the Silver Road and the Broken Log on the other side. Bridge, dam, road, and tavern all look like that they were well made and maintained back in their heyday, but now the scene is one of a faded memory clinging to existence, though there are people out working on the exterior of the tavern today that are trying their best to bring the past forward into the present and future. The bridge in particular looks odd, with many of the planks in the middle clearly recent replacements that do not match the style of the rest of the bridge. It is midafternoon as you approach the Broken Log.

VVilhem

First Post
Once near the Broken Log, Megan slowly lowers herself down from Cotton. "God my thighs hurt like a devil. I'll never understand how those knights in shining armor do it. Pure torture that was!"

Seeing Cotton looking at her accusingly, the half elf quickly adds, "Not you old chum, where that apple that Firestreak gave me..."

To the others, "Let's go find Adolfo once our horses are stabled. Is there a stable boy around?"

Remove ads