[LPF] Expansion

sunshadow21

Explorer
"No visible weapons, but that probably doen't mean a whole lot with a crew like that. There are 4 of them total; three of them are rough, but not particularly more so than most of the ilk that call them themselves workers around here. The last guy is the one to watch out for; he seems to be the leader of the gang, and bosses the others around, doing little work himself, the worthless lout. There's only one big door and a normal door that open up onto the yard, and the office entrance. There are several windows scattered throughout that a truly desparate person might try to jump out of, but otherwise, it's a pretty small warehouse, so there isn't a lot of need for a lot of doors."

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
"I say divide and conquer," proposes Megan, "we can have our good foreman here lure out a portion of the thugs. Just say, 'I have a shipment that just arrived in the yard that I need two of you to help me with' or 'will one of you come to the office w/me so I can dole out the payment.' We'll take care of whoever followed you, then go in and clean out the rest."

"If we're worried about them escaping, we can split up and cover both exits. What do you guys think?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra shrugs.

That works if the warehouse is isolated enough that no innocent bystanders might get hurt in the fighting, not to mention anyone inside will have a lot of time to figure out there's trouble. We might do better to try to contain them within the warehouse. Though four of them against us would leave us with the ability to keep an extra pair of eyes on the exits. It is down to a case of do we try to deal with the three riff-raff before tackling this boss of theirs, or do we want to concentrate on him? Either way we should decide pretty quickly, while we know they are still in one place, together.

jkason

First Post
Saktouk Bekloric, half-orc monk

"I say divide and conquer," proposes Megan, "we can have our good foreman here lure out a portion of the thugs. Just say, 'I have a shipment that just arrived in the yard that I need two of you to help me with' or 'will one of you come to the office w/me so I can dole out the payment.' We'll take care of whoever followed you, then go in and clean out the rest."

Saktouk smiles. "Sneaky, lass," he says with a wry smile. "I say it's worth a go ... if'n you'll lend the proper hand?" the last he addresses to the foreman.

[sblock=mini stats]Saktouk Bekloric
Initiative: +2
Perception: +6
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 19 Fort: +4 (+6 vs poison & drugs, +8 vs alcohol)
Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: unarmed
Shuriken: 20/20 Remaining

Elemental Fist: 1/1 remaining[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: Is there a good spot, within 30 feet of the warehouse door, that Megan can hide with her crossbow? Need to get that sneak attack in!

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I say we just charge in and kill them right off the bat." Kalius says with a rough grimace. Though Veniarus holds him back, he is still casting his cantrips to keep them buffed, but he manages to say between castings "I feel that though the idea of divide and conquer has some merit, it may ultimately have the reverse effect from what we really want to achieve. It may give the thugs inside the warehouse time to figure out what is wrong, and too escape before we can deal with them properly."

[sblock=Veniarus Mini Stats]Veniarus Tollar (DalkonCledwin)
Armor Class: 15 (13 Flat-footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 9 Current; 9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Current Weapon: Light Crossbow, Loaded

Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
Spells Per Day: Infinite Cantrips Remaining; 1/2 First Level Remaining
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Guidance, Message
First Level Spells: Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor[/sblock][sblock=Kalius Mini Stats]Kalius (Eidolon)
Armor Class: 18 (16 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
Hit Points: 11 Current; 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Current Weapon: Lucerne Hammer
Secondary Attack: Bite (1d6+3)[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
"If we just march in, what's to prevent them from just running? Unless...foreman, is there a way to bar the other exits like locking them on the outside?"

OOC: I can jam a lock using disable device, if that helps.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

OOC: Re: Megan sneak attack. Initiate combat by firing it to trigger the initiative roll.
Ariel looks at Megan and says, "That sounds like a plan to me. If they are a tough as they think they are, why would they run away from us women?"

"
Once they are in here we demand they surrender and just have at them right away when they refuse."

"We can hold the others off at the door if they hear or suspect what's going on in here."

[Sblock=OOC]It occurs to me that I would like to retroactively buy a few things off camera. As we haven't started the encounter, we could run down the street and buy them and come back if necessary.

But, since Megan, Audra, and Ariel had time to wait around I have some suggestions on purchases for them too. Better to be prepared than to find ourselves wanting in the middle of combat.[/Sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Barkskin (+2AC), resistance (+1 on next Save), Guidance (+1 on next roll)

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 3/3 (Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Barkskin) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The foreman winces at the word "kill" and even more at the thought of the ruffians in the office. "It's doubtful you'll be able to split them up. They try to hide it, but they are a suspicious lot, especially the leader, and tend to treat every new order as a potential trap. The outer doors are always locked for security reasons, and I can lock the office door if need be. Please try to avoid bloodshed if possible; for some strange reasons, blood stains on the floor and crates tend to lead to unpleasant questions and odd looks from our clients." He very much looks like he will be glad when the whole process is over.

[sblock=ooc]You would have had time to buy things on the way here. Same rules as arcane row apply, but with a lower limit (I posted the shopping information at the point when you entered Tritower).[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
You would have had time to buy things on the way here. Same rules as arcane row apply, but with a lower limit (I posted the shopping information at the point when you entered Tritower).
Thanks, I will have that done before my next IC post and I will be ready to go then. The new equipment will effect our plan before starting the encounter.

Can you link the post on the shopping information into the opening post in the thread for easy reference, please? :)[/sblock]

Remove ads