[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera quips as she steps forward, keeping her battle dancing and arcane energy into her glaive, "Oh, I would not bite you."

She slashes the wrathspawn in front of her and is ready to cut apart the one to her right if it closes.

Carak follows and stands ready to bite a creature that threatens her.

[sblock=Actions]Reflex Save (1d20+9=28)
Maintain Battle Dance, Activate Arcane Strike
Move to D12
Attack with Glaive: Reach vs. F12(AS/BD/Bless/PA/FF) (1d20+14=28, 1d10+20=26)
AoO on F14 first, F9 second otherwise: AoO(AS/BD/Bless/PA) (1d20+12=24, 1d10+20=25)

Carak: Carak's Reflex Save (1d20+5=14)
Handle Animal (DC12) to see if Carak keeps following orders (1d20+6=18)
Move to D13: Readied Attack Carak's Bite (1d20+4=13, 1d6+3=7)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 62 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Battle Dance (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 4/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 6/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 2/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Couple things before we resolve this round.
1. @perrinmiller Cythera made her save, but still takes 6 damage, as she doesn't have Evasion, as far as I can see.
2. Carak also needs to roll his save. He is going to be at 1/13 or 7/13 HP. If you would like, you can retcon leaving him in the back room.
3. @Mowgli Bren still has a move action.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I edited in the Reflex Save. Carak failed.
After taking over 90% damage, I rolled a Handle Animal check. Reactive to see if the Husky will follow last command. The DC for basic commands vs. Pushing are much different. Honestly, I am not sure which one would apply. If he needs to be pushed to stay, then he failed and probably withdrew instead of followed into the room after getting injured. But if it is only the DC12 (includes +2 for injured), then the loyal dog will follow to his death I guess.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Ooof!" Rattegift says as Bren's ray strikes him. "That was unpleasant! Not zo unpleasant as a room full of first-year students brewing healing potions, though!" He ducks back out of sight. "Ah, there's ze problem! Three-eights, not seven-sixteenths! Silly me."

There's a hideous noise that sounds approximately like a million forks being pulled across a million chalkboards, and the crystals emit a sharp pulse of energy. The wrathspawn roar in something that's half glee and half agony as their muscles and bones swell and crack, partially ripping through their skin. One of them steps forward and slashes at Fury with newfound power, leaving a deep gash across the rogue's chest.

This close to the crystals, you get a better sense of what they are. There are multiple tubes and pipes running into and out of the pedestal at the base, and Fury has seen enough complicated apparatuses in his time to have an intuitive feel for the mechanics. He's fairly sure he could disrupt them if he could have a few seconds that didn't involve getting bitten, clawed, or bombed. Alternatively, the crystals seem somewhat fragile -- they could be smashed, although it might take some effort.

rattegift_150.jpg

... Doktor Rattegift ...

[sblock=GM]Rattegift is out of sight again. Wrathspawn at E10 hits Fury for 9.

I read the entry on Handle Animal. As he's following a command that he knows, it's a DC 12. Carak stays with Cythera.

Wrathspawn are now AC 20/16 FF, due to whatever Rattegift has done. Feint DC is still a 15. They have 29 hp apiece, but are now taking bleed damage each round. None of the wrathspawn have readied attacks. The wrathspawn at E10 is severely wounded and any hit will kill it.

Disabling the crystal mechanism is a DC 24 Disable Device check which can be made untrained and with weapons in hand. MWK lockpick bonuses do not count here, but Trapfinding does. This is a full round action which provokes AoOs. Alternatively, the crystals are HP 30 with DR 10/bludgeoning. If you attack the crystals, don't bother rolling to hit. They're AC4 and you're level 9. Let's just take it as a given that you can won't miss something the size of a small garage.[/sblock][sblock=Tomb Map]
TOMB_06.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Pedrize! Now what?!

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (19 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury attacks the wounded wrathspawn sinking his rapier almost to the hilt in the creature's chest. He shoves the creature off his blade then stabs at the other threatening him but misses.

"If you can keep these things off me, then I think I might be able to disable those magical crystal devices. Or we can bash the crap out of them but, ah, they look somewhat durable..."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Full attack (wounded first, then other): 1d20+13=27, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+8=15, 1d6+3=5[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 55
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Once Fury is finished taking out the wounded and occupying another, Bren reaches out and lays a hand on his shoulder. The rake is bathed in a feeling of serenity, and in the certainty that nothing can touch him . . . for now.

"So long as you can restrain yourself from attacking, you should be ignored for a little bit . . . just a little under a minute. It's possible for them to overcome the warding, however, so remain alert."

[sblock=Actions]Cast Sanctuary. Not moving for now, as there's really nowhere Bren would like to be other than where he is already.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (19 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera whirls the glaive around and comments, "Perhaps I can deal with these creatures myself and you two can find a way to stop that nutcase up there."

"Bren, can you try and convince Carak to run away?"

With the arcane energy still crackling along the polearm's blade, she keeps dancing the steps of battle and slashes out at the wrathspawn.

[sblock=Actions]
Maintain Battle Dance, Activate Arcane Strike
5ft Step to E12
Full Attack with Glaive on D10:1st Attack Glaive (1d20+14=24, 1d10+20=21), 2nd Attack Glaive (1d20+7=20, 1d10+20=22)
AoO on G14 first, G9 second otherwise: AoO with Glaive (1d20+12=28, 1d10+20=30)

Carak: Readied Attack Carak's Bite (1d20+4=7, 1d6+3=8)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 62 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Battle Dance (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 4/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 5/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 2/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 01/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak
OOC: If Fury 5ft steps to C11, that will actually help prevent the Wrathspawn in D10 from gaining cover.
If Bren uses his remaining Move Action to Handle Animal, maybe he can convince Carak to flee and escape getting killed.

Remove ads