• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Guard Duty

sunshadow21

Explorer
There are no other tunnels that you could fit into, though Mister Dickens could probably keep fairly busy for a good half day tracking the full range of movement of the children biters. You get the impression that this was the only den in this area. There does not appear to be anything of interest aside from the chests. One of the chests can be saved, and dragged out carefully. The other one is too far gone for that, but you can distribute the contents amongst yourself and get it out.

At this point, you guys can choose to roleplay your return to the village or simply call the game here. What money you didn't earn from the chests will come from your final pay.

Satin Knights

First Post
After divvying up the treasure, "Well, the rest of those tunnels are too small for us. I suppose it is back to the surface and reporting the vermin have been mostly dealt with. There might be a few more little ones, but should not be a problem for the fort above." Tasanto takes the lead going back out.
[sblock=ooc]Most of us need one more good fight to level up. :D Ending the adventure on picking off rats is just so anticlimactic. [/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I can try to think of something. Go ahead and rp getting back to the village, and I'll see what I can do, though it will be Sunday likely as I am entering the busy part of the week for my work schedule.[/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius happily places his share of the loot in his pack, and begins following behind Tasanto. Squeezing back into the tunnels he says, "I'd almost suggest that they get a cat," his smile widening with the last words. "Now, seriously, do you remember how to get out of here?"
[sblock=ooc]I've really enjoyed my first PbP experience. [MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION] thanks for the adventure.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Of course Cavernous Hode knows how to get out! The exit is that way," he says, gesturing with his pick, "Straight as an arrow! Except for those places where the tunnel curves, in which case the proper path turns either left or right. Naturally!"

[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11 -1 NL
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6
Speed: 20'

Perception: +8
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+1, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: None

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 15/16 -3 NL
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+1, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The party eventually finds it's way back to the surface, where they report their findings, and are asked to stay behind to look into the matter of this collapsed tunnel once they can organize a proper excavation team. The commander here doesn't think it's a serious threat, but wants to make sure. The party has a few days to lollygag around town before the team will be ready and an alternate entrance prepared so that work can be continued on the wall.

OOC: Will try to get the next scene up early next week after getting it cleared with the judge, as I wasn't expecting the party to get so close to leveling.

sunshadow21

Explorer
After spending the rest of the day resting and recuperating, the party gets a good night's sleep and is back in the biter den in the morning with a small excavation crew. It takes a while, but they are finally able to remove the damage from an apparent rock slide and find a rough looking tunnel going down that seems to have a really crude looking staircase carved into the floor. The spacing seems to be about like the den, tight and mildly uncomfortable, but still doable. Whoever made it seemed to put the minimum amount of effort required for basic functionality. Looking down the tunnel, it reaches past Cavernous's darkvision.

GM: I need a marching order, and any perception, stealth, survival, or any other rolls you want to make.

Systole

First Post
"Huzzah! Cavernous Hode hears the call of further underground adventuring! Proceed with utmost caution, Mister Dickens. The smell of danger is neck deep!"

[sblock=OOC]MD will take point, about 20' in front of CH, who I assume will otherwise be in front. (Yay for using the healer as the meatshield!)K:Dungeoneering to know what made the steps. Survival for any tracks. Perception for general stuff. MD will attempt Stealth, but CH will not.[/sblock]

[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6
Speed: 20'

Perception: +8

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+1, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: None

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+1, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto will take up the rear in order to deal with anything following us.
[sblock=castings]Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]
Tasanto AC 18 HP 9/9 real 11/11 temp, Init +2, Darkvision, Perception +7, Sense Motive +5, Move 40'
Claw/Claw +3, d4+2
Bite +3, d6+2
Lucerne Hammer +3, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +3, d6+2
Dagger +3, d4+2
Sling, +3, d4+2..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
Fort: +1, Reflex +2, Will +6
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 0/2 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
.....Immediate Actions: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: mage armor (1 hour)[/sblock]

Remove ads