[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian just chuckles quietly, "So you did point out the tiger. That's good to know for if we ever run into a real one." As he speaks, the image just strolls off into the brush where it fades away.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 1 -> Day 8: 16:00 Entering the Darkwood ~

ForestTrail_zps73a43f8f.jpg

You continue on into the Darkwood, traveling single file. So far the way is pretty level and the trail is good. Visibility off the trail is mostly obscured by underbrush and vegetation. You can only see about 30-40 feet off to either side.

But there are insects and birds heard in the background as you walk along, chatting to make the journey pass faster.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Amien:     54/54 HP remaining;
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining;
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]Updated Map
GM: Keep role-playing. Everyone roll Perception on next IC post. There is no need to change the map unless you want to modify your marching order.

soulnova

Explorer
"Thuvian! Don't do that without telling me...!" she pokes him playfully on his side.

Trying to relax, Damaris breathes deeply, just taking the fresh air and really not paying much attention to her surroundings.

[sblock] Perception Check (1d20+6=7)

lol nope [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

"Damnit Thuvian! How we going to know if it's real next time?!" Tyrion had already drawn his hammer at lightning speeds, ready to strike at the psudo tiger, but realizing that Thuvian was being mischievous did not help his mood. Growling slightly, he casts a worried look around, ensuring that they were alone before he started yelling at the wizard again.

[sblock=OOC]
My Perception/Sense motives were off in my stats. They were updated. Tyrion's Perception: 1d20+6=22
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: MWK Lucerene Hammer +9 (PA-2/+6; FF+2/+0; OHC +0/+2) 1d12 + 14
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru relaxes and rolls his eyes as the real nature of the threat becomes clear.

"Point taken. When I don't even notice the wizard ten feet away casting a spell, I'm gabbing too much. Points for style, Shadow," he says, directing the last to Thuvian. He then falls silent, attempting to keep his senses much sharper in the wake of the wizard's prank.

[sblock=ooc]Perception (add +1 if vs. traps) (1d20+6=25)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining

Used: 8 days' rations[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
amien_sketch1_finished_cropped.png
[sblock=Perception]Perception (1d20+3=12)[/sblock]

"To be honest I think I'm much more used to leopards and tigers than I am squirrels and snakes. Half of the adventurers I know have flea problems."

As the others become alert, Amien's eyes glance around as well, but he isn't sure what he is supposed to be looking for.
[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Weapon in Hand:
Condition:
HP: 54/54
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +0
CMB: +7
CMD: 19

Glaive Attack: +7; Damage: 1d10+4 (+9, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage); Crit: 20/x3, Slashing, Special: Reach
H. Flail +1: Attack: +8; Damage: 1d10+4+1 (+10, 1d10+8 under Strength Rage); Crit: 19/x2, Bludgeoning, Special: Disarm, Trip
Sling Attack: +5, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Rations (21 days left)
- Medium Tent
- Wand of CLW x1
- Potion of CMW x3[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 8: 16:00 Entering the Darkwood ~

Despite your vigilance, the screeching roar and crashing through the underbrush comes as a shock for half of you. Particularly since the direction is hard to pin-point. It appears to be coming from multiple directions to your left and you reach for your weapons. Just in time, large lumbering creatures come lurching into sight.

Owlbear.jpg

They over 8 feet tall and covered with a thick, shaggy, brownish black coat of feathers and fur. The body is like a bear's, but it has an avian head with big round eyes and a hooked, ivory colored beak.

They look pissed off and are coming for you!

OOC: Combat: Round 1
[sblock=Combat Information]Both sides are aware, no one is flat-footed
Ru, Tyrion, & Lai Tai get extra Move/Standard Action for Surprise Round

Initiative:
Monsters Surprise Round
Surprise Round (Ru, Tyrion, Lai Tai)
You Guys
Monsters (Know Arcana to ID)

Party Status:
Code:
Amien:     54/54 HP remaining;
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining;
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Large Sized, 5ft Reach
OB1 (AC15/FF 14/Touch 10/CMD21)  47/47HP: 
OB2 (AC15/FF 14/Touch 10/CMD21)  47/47HP:
OB3 (AC15/FF 14/Touch 10/CMD21)  47/47HP:
OB4 (AC15/FF 14/Touch 10/CMD21)  47/47HP:
[/sblock]Updated Map
GM: You are up Round 1

Green Squares (50% or more) are difficult terrain for Small/Medium, not Large
Rocks are difficult Terrain for All
Trees Provide Cover

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"I'm gonna guess these are not Thuvian's~!"
Damaris warns as she starts to Inspire Courage and takes out her bow. "What are those any way?"

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 27/27
Init +4
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 11/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Seeing the owlbears approach, Lai Tai shouts a warning. "Strange hostile creatures!" Shrugging off his backpack, he intones some words in a strange tongue, and a nimbus of magic surrounds his quarterstaff. He circles around the nearest owlbear, giving his staff a few experimental swings. Then with a burst of explosive speed, he lunges forward, his quarterstaff crackling with great magics. "Thunder Spirit Strike!"

[sblock=OOC]K:Arc for owlbears (1d20+7=12)

Surprise round: Drop backpack (free), Active Arcane Pool (swift), Move
Regular round: Activate Arcane Strike (swift), Spell combat using staff (full round)

Spell combat on owlbear (1d20+7=26, 1d6+6+4d6=24)

Updated map

EDIT: Missed the Inspire Courage as well.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: +7

Arcane Pool: 4/5
Staff Charges: 9/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+7, 1d6+6+4d6)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool, Arcane Strike, Spell Combat, Inspire Courage

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

"Princess, Shadow, you might want to take advantage of the large woody bits behind us to cover yourselves?" Ru suggests nervously to Damaris and Thuvian as he shrugs off his own pack.

"Goldilocks? What say you and me teach the big nasty how to bleed, eh?" he offers to Amien, his eyes narrowing as he points one of his twin blades to the closest creature. "Bet you it tastes better than squirrel."

The swarthy Southerner doesn't wait for a response, moving swiftly back along the path before wading into the thick undergrowth to the Western side of the creature. Once in place, he swings both blades at the thick, furred hide.

Before the creature can respond to the assault, however, Ru cocks his head to the side.

"Now you see me..." he says, catching a beam of light on the reflective surface of his blade. When the flash of light is gone, so, apparently, is Ru.

[sblock=ooc] So in the initiative post, we're effectively doing Suprise round and Round 1 stacked together because we won normal initiative, yes? I'm trying to figure out if Ru has two Swift actions to use or not. I think he does if I understand this right. If not, no worries. Just nix the Ranger's focus until he gets to act next. I'd rather he take the hit penalty than lose the concealment.

Free: Drop Backpack
Surprise Swift: Declare OB1 Focus (+2 attack and damage vs it)
Surprise Move: to K51
Regular Move: to H51
Regular Standard: TWF vs. OB1 (values are all 2 less if the Surprise Swift isn't available):
TWF Wakizashi (5/5) + Ranger's Focus (2) vs OB1; Damage with Ranger's focus (1d20+7=16, 1d6+2=6, 1d20+7=22, 1d6+2=3)

ETA: Argh! I missed the Inspire Courage in my attack rolls.

Regular Swift: Use Vanishing Trick (now invisible, 50% miss chance on attacks)[/sblock]

Updated Map

OOC: Something weird happened and it didn't Move Ru, but copied him. I didn't want to make it worse and make three of him, so I left it for now

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)

Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Invisible (2 rounds), Inspire Courage (+1 attacks)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 2/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining

Used: 8 days' rations[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads