[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Lai Tai nods in agreement with Tyrion. "He who greets a thistle with undue familiarity earns a palmful of nettles," he says to Amien, apparently quoting a proverb from his native tongue. "As for the journey, I am no stranger to walking, but I am recently come from a long voyage by ship. If we must travel overland, I should procure rations and a sleeping roll before we leave."

jkason

First Post
Ru watches silently as Damaris takes her quick leave.

"If it helps, Goldy, I'm totally a liar," Ru whispers. "Comes in handy in my line of work."

Turning his attention back to their employer, Ru cocks his head to one side.

"Honor. What can you do?" he offers by way of explaining their compatriot's abrupt exit. "We'll get it sorted on the road, I'm sure. We're grateful to the brim for the opportunity. We'll meet you at the Chapter House, then. I've got to swing by the Pearl to pick up the magic stick I have on order, anyhow. Until tomorrow, then."

Ru rises, bowing respectfully, making sure none of the others have more questions or concerns, or that the there are no other last minute responses from Kaedyn. Once it's clear the conversation is done, he makes his way out and over to the Pearl.

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Lying is a foolish skill if you ask me; divorcing one's statements from truth completely is a dangerous act that can spawn unintended results the same way a pure illusion can. Knowing how to use truth and reality is a flexible and effective manner is a far rarer skill that is not the same thing." Thuvian replies to the turn in conversation as he too prepares to leave and gather his things.

Knowledge (arcana) = 14, Knowledge (local) = 21

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien tilts his head slightly to return the whisper towards Ru on his declaration, "I already figured as such. You certainly act the part.. and possibly dress it too."

He doesn't comment on the apparent foolishness of lying, instead conceding quickly, "Very well then. I clearly seemed to have misunderstood somebody's approach to making people hear what they want to hear which to get them to act the way we want to act. I will be leaving for the store.."

Of course, once he gets to the store, he'll carefully make sure not to be in at the same time as Damaris, to prevent another tavern incident from occurring.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

Morrolan.png

Kaedyn is not entirely comfortable about people freely promoting lying, but then he does know he is dealing with crazy adventurers.

"Very well. You will not need to purchase more rations. We shall provide enough for each of you to last the expected four weeks the journey will take."

"I shall see you at the Chapter House."

He nods a farewell and turns away. He gives a curt wave to the half-orc bartender and exits the tavern.

[sblock=OOC]You do not need to buy extra rations, I providing them so we need not track them for the adventure.

How many people are going to be mounted? For those that are, you will need to treat the animal as if you have an animal companion. I will need them stated up and mini-stats will be required for them as well. I will need the full stats for reference on your character sheets.

For Thuvian; He only knows what Kaedyn has told him about Larshiel, confirming the man's name and a rough idea where he lives. Basically confirming that Kaedyn has told you the truth if you doubted it.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I would rather not deal with having a mount, and Lai Tai is more familiar with walking. That said, if we're all getting horse, I will as well.[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I wonder if it would be possible to rent a wagon to carry those not proficient in riding horses. Otherwise Amien will be walking too.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"And I thank you for it," Ru says with a slight bow of his head at mention of supplied rations. "I've picked up some vague bits of woodlore from a jungle trip, but honestly, there's much more interesting game to hunt than the kind you need for dinner.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've a healing stick to pick up before the long walk tomorrow."

[sblock=ooc]Ru doesn't currently have the funds for a horse, though I suppose if everyone else gets one, I can trade in a potion or two to get one. Let me know. I'll toss in Inn leaving and Pearl posts for Ru as I'm able to cover those bits.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=Mounts] Damaris has a mare from the previous adventure. She's a light horse and I'm sure we could get a light wagon to help us, if not for our transportation, to carry our stuff at the very least. Damaris is not adverse to walking in either case. [/sblock]

Remove ads