• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru briefly entertains asking the giant for a reward, but decides "I won't crush you" is probably just that to the large creature. Instead, the southerner simply bows his agreement with the others, but chooses to remain silent for now in hopes of avoiding the giant's temper for too many words.

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 48/50 remaining

Used: 10 days' rations[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 11: 22:03 In the Darkwood ~

ForestGiant_zpsa2fee3c4.png

The forest giant humphed at the man who found the ring and began to move along down the trail.

He commented without turning to look back. “Ya donna ken da half o’ it. Da misses be a beech an’ taint naw pleasin’ da shrew.”

The grumbling rumble continued in the giant’s own tongue as he crashed through the underbrush along the trail used before making camp.

The campsite was mostly intact, but the brush and bushes around it were trampled and no longer as concealing as before.

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Amien:     54/54 HP remaining; 
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: Dancing Lights
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]Updated Map
GM: Awarded 600xp for the encounter (100xp each)
Amien reached level 5 on 18 Dec 2013 with 10010XP. :)

WindCrystal

First Post
amien_sketch1_finished_cropped.png

Once the coast is clear and the giant is leaving the campsite completely, something akin to cosmic influence compel Amien to follow after, departing the party entirely and disappearing into the darkness.

[sblock=OOC]I'm afraid other roleplaying obligations are gonna keep me from continuing to play Amien, and it's become more difficult to keep my mind on the game. This is a weird post and a weird way to go but I'm being allowed to take a quick exit so to speak. It was good playing with everyone here.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

Lai Tai watches Amien amble off. "Does this kind of thing happen often?" he asks, mostly to himself. He looks around the crushed campsite, then at his remaining companions. "Perhaps the surrounding wildlife will have been scared away by our visitor's arrival? One would prefer to rest before resuming one's travels, if possible."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Lai Tai Liu

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: +7
Initiative: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/5
Staff Charges: 8/10
Cantrips (DC 12): Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level (DC 13): Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Enlarge Person, True Strike
2nd Level (DC 14): Frigid Touch, Stone Call

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff (+8, 1d6+7)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Pool

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"*sigh* Yeah, we better just get our sleep. Tomorrow we should move quick. I really hope not to find Mr. Kardoblag on the road." Damaris nods but looks a little confused when Amien leaves. "Well,that was... unexpected"

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion_zps086703f6.jpg

Tyrion looks as confused as the others when Amien left, and he yells after the man "Oy! Tha hell ya doing?!" but when no answer returns Tyrion growls in frustration and says "Well, that's messed up."

Nodding towards the others Tyrion says "Ya, let's get back to sleep and be on our way. Hopefully tha guy justs needs ta relieve himself or somthn. Anyway, Ru and I have watch now, so tha rest of ya can sleep now."

[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=6701657]Det[/MENTION] It's always sad to see someone go, but if it is what's best than you have to do it.
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Initiative: +2
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +2
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+6), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: Nothing yet.

Consumables
CLW Wand: 2 charges used.
Enlarge Person Potion
Protection from Evil Potion

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian is already getting ready for bed by the time that the giant wanders off, and simply shrugs his shoulders when he sees one of the party members follow. "I suppose if he wants to follow the giant, it's his right; a bit foolish though. At any rate, I need some sleep; I shall hope that no more of you wander off into the night." With that, he slips into his bedroll and dozes off.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 12, 14:00 In the Darkwood ~

You resumed your watch routine and some of you returned to your bedrolls. The night passed uneventfully and there was no sign of Amien returning either. Breakfast was a bit somber as the dawn brought the true extent of the giant’s trampling of the undergrowth.

No wasting any time, you packed up your kits and finished your ablutions. In short order, despite a few yawns from some that had interrupted sleep, you are marching off in the opposite direction the forest giant went.

ForestPathFork_zps1479ee40.jpg

About mid-afternoon you reached the fork in the trail. The more used trail lead to the right and there was a wooden plank with crudely down lettering painted on it. The sign pointed out Thornbury in that direction. To the left, an overgrowth path led deeper into the Darkwood Forest. You have reached a point on your map to find the wizard’s home with the first landmark (the trail’s intersection).

From the instructions, the wizard’s home was another 1-2 days travel away, and Thornbury was about 3-4 hours down the main trail.

[sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        30/30 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   27/27 HP remaining;
Lai Tai:   30/30 HP remaining;
Thuvian:   22/22 HP remaining;
Nora:      11/11 HP remaining;
Tyrion:    46/46 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]
GM: Good luck to you, Det.

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"Hmm, it appears we have a choice; lose about a day's travel and stop at Thornbury for a warm bed and a chance to do some local recon, or plunge ahead into the forest and get our mission accomplished. Both options have pros and cons; what are your opinions on the matter?" Last night's encounter seems to have left little mark on the tiefling, though judging by the ongoing conversation between him and the snake in his pack, and the resulting chuckles from Thuvian, Nora was far less enthused about the whole thing.

Remove ads