[LPF] No Loitering

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Initiate

"So, find anything useful? In the meantime, let's see if any magic is around."

[sblock]
Casting Detect Magic and looking around.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:17 (11 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Concentration: +6
Arcane Pool: 3/5
Level 0 Spells Prepared: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/2 Mirror Strike, Shocking Grasp (Used)

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics +10, Profession (Cook) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +12

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +6, 1d6-1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect: Str -3
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The animals rush out, squeaking and squawking and hissing, as Kepli frees them. In almost less time than it takes to open all the cages, the erstwhile sacrifices have disappeared back into the woods. When Kepli turns around, there is only a single pigeon--one useless wing dragging the ground--trying to waddle its way toward the break in the wall, and a mole rat wheezing, half-dead, who gazes from its cage to the ground but does not appear possessed of the life it would take to drag itself past the edge of its bars.

While some of the fetishes and totems are certainly unsettling, Kepli's examination tells her that none pose any real risk of the magical or spiritual variety.

Erin casts her cantrip, though she senses no auras within the fort itself. As she passes the broken wall through which the two orc goons passed she catches a faint glow from the two bodies that direction. As she moves closer to try to find the source, her magical senses pull her eyes to the armor on the bloody and unconscious human. Nothing else appears to generate magic.

At Kepli's behest, Wilmorn moves to the table. He nods his agreement to the shaman's suggestion, and starts shoving the papers and journal into his bag.

[sblock=ooc]We're largely in the cleanup phase here, as you've likely gathered. Is there anything specific anyone wants to do / explore than you haven't yet? I'll get the loot and final award lists put together with a wrap up post here shortly, but I don't want anyone to feel like I glossed over anything they were looking forward to.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I am retiring Siddhartha after this adventure, so nothing else from me. Erin and Kepli can keep all loot. I'm guessing we don't have to worry about anything for Wilmorn and Aszar?

Those crits surely sped things up![/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman (+Aszar)

[section]
Kepli frowns at the maimed pigeon and the weakened mole-rat. In nature, the weak and injured die, usually eaten by the strong. But Kepli is not an avatar of nature and feels pity and mercy for these creatures maltreated by the orcs. She slips the mole-rat into a pocket and takes up the pigeon holding its wing immobile so it doesn't further injure itself.

"Aszar, I need your help," she says as she approaches the merfolk witch.

Aszar glares, having a feeling Kepli is about to ask him to do some incomprehensible land-walker thing. He isn't far from wrong and Kepli proves to be much more bothersome than the merfolk ever imagined she could be. It isn't long before she's badgered him into healing the pigeon and the mole-rat and released the two back into the wild to make their way as they can.

Kepli looks around unsure if there is anything else that needs to be done. She makes sure Wilmorn and Siddhartha have gathered everything the group might want or need as evidence then goes to see what Erin is up to.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used: Siddhartha
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 5
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Initiate

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

"I found some armor that appears to be magic on that human back there. Let's grab it, anything else that might look useful and head out before anyone else shows up."

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry had to edit this, as it said I was casting detect magic again. Oops!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:17 (11 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Concentration: +6
Arcane Pool: 3/5
Level 0 Spells Prepared: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/2 Mirror Strike, Shocking Grasp (Used)

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics +10, Profession (Cook) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +12

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +6, 1d6-1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect: Str -3
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli looks around one last time looking to see if there is anything the group overlooked.

"Anything we missed and need to do? If not, I agree with Erin."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used: Siddhartha
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 5
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The party strip their opponents of their wealth and collect what information they can find, loading Aszar's horse as well they can so as not to too horrifically encumber themselves. Rather than risking further trouble, they take the intelligence they've gathered and head back toward Venza.

[sblock=Loot this encounter]

No direct gold value: logbook and correspondence

Human:

+1 scale mail (1200 gp)
Heavy steel shield (20 gp)
Javelins (4) (4 gp)
Masterwork longsword (315 gp)
8 gp

Adept ("Shaman"):

Masterwork chain shirt (250 gp)
Javelins (2) (2 gp)
Masterwork morningstar (308 gp)

Orcs (each, so 2x the below):

Studded leather armor (25 gp)
Falchion (75 gp)
Javelins (4) (4 gp)
Potion CLW (1) (50 gp)[/sblock]

They make a cold camp off the trail, and are unassaulted by anything more than a rustle of brush and the hoot of night birds.

Given the cold camp, there is some concern at the scent of ash and soot in the morning, but when those who slept confirm that those standing guard have not made a cookfire, a hasty detour to the closest break in the trees tells them the source of the scent.

Billious, black smoke rises over the forest. You have no way of confirming, but the size and apparent distance suggest that someone set the fort ablaze. Unsure if that suggests allies or further danger, the party quickly gathers itself and makes haste for the City of Glass. There is mild debate about staying off or on the path, but as soot begins to fall like snow, the party decides speed is preferable to stealth, and takes the road.

The mood that second day is tense and slightly moody at first, but as midday approaches and no further sign of threat surfaces, the party begins to relax. Still, they choose to eat on the move rather than interrupt their progress to make a proper meal.

The smell of evening meals being cooked which waft up from Venza, then, are especially welcome. It is just falling into twilight. The city lamplighters are still at their work, speckles of flickering glow springing up as they make their rounds.

You haven't the time to actually send for Galen Parsons before he rides up on you. Apparently, he'd left word with the gate guard. He takes your report, and has special interest in the papers you collected. He skims them there in the street, one of his men holding the lamp for him, then swears under his breath in elvish.

"I knew this was all a distraction!" he mutters. He shoves the pile of papers at another of his men and scrawls a handful of missives, handing them to officers and sending them galloping off to the various districts.

"And make sure that rat-faced Handso knows he's not to talk to anyone about this, no matter what they're paying, or I'll have his head if Moretti won't!" he calls after the last courier. He scrawls one more piece of parchment and hands it to the party.

"What's next isn't for your kind," he says. "Internal matters, you know. But hand this off to the commissar in the morning and he'll see to it you get your contract payment."

Parsons mounts his horse, and turns in the direction of Roses D'Avorio.

"And who knows. Maybe we'll have need of your services in future."

[sblock=ooc]I'm going to call this one, folks. My apologies for the various delays. I hope it was moderately entertaining despite them. The end above is an intentional loose thread, so there's no need to follow up on it. If I don't manage to work it up into something, I figure it's always there for others to run with, so no harm either way. :)

Final totals are below, pending approval. SK was our original judge, so I'll likely need to get someone else to stamp them, but it was a fairly straightforward set of encounters, so I'm not too worried.

Treasure is in flat gold. You're free to use part of your share to "buy" any items from the loot pile in the first post of the thread (and those who used the found potions should do so for that at the least). Just reduce your actual gold by the proper amount. Otherwise, it's all off to the shop for trade-in. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure totals (unapproved)]

Wilmorn & Aszar (10/22/2014 - 3/26/2015):
Time Based XP: 1085
Encounter XP: 375
Total XP: 1460
Time Based Gold: 930
Encounter Treasure (worth): 336.8
Total gold / worth: 1266.8

Kepli, Siddhartha, Erin (each - 10/22/2014 - 6/12/2015):

Time Based XP: 1943
Encounter XP: 629
Total XP: 2572
Time Based Gold: 1788
Encounter Treasure share (worth): 819.8
Total gold (worth): 2607.8
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
If I am retiring Siddhartha, none of these numbers matter correct? Would it be poor form to donate my winnings towards Kepli and Erin?

Thanks for DMing!

Remove ads