[LPF] Precious Cargo

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Down, boy. Play dead," Eanos says to the dog as he steps away, pulls his bowstring, and lands another arrow into the creature.

[sblock=actions]Move: 5' step to E3 (out of AoO range)
Standard: Longbow attack with PBS & Deadly Aim:

PBS, Deadly Aim Longbow attack; damage (1d20+6=17, 1d8+4=6)

Hit for 6 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 6
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: See Invisibility: 10 minutes, renewed by Phedilo on expire.
Light (on cestus): ~25 minutes

In Hand: Compound Longbow

Arrows: 17/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 36/50 remaining

Judgement: 0/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Though the summoned dogs continue to fight on, it seems as though the death of their master has taken the fight out of them: Fulgrim and Maui make short work of one of the pair, and Eanos' arrow finishes off the other. In the stillness that follows, the group notes that the halfling caster seems to have stabilized for the time being, his breath having grown regular if indeed shallow.

From his position on the cart, Phedilo releases his white-knuckle grip on the pony's reigns, having spent the entire ordeal keeping the creature calm. "Is...is everyone alright?" His eye lingers on the fallen form of Taniwha, who lies next to Fulgrim covered in blood. The halfling hops down from the cart and makes his way over to the alleyway, where he begins to cautiously approach the caster. He eyes his fallen form, and then turns to the group. "Is he dead?" he asks solemnly.

[sblock=OOC]Hooray! Nobody died. :p

Rewards: you get 800 XP for each of the encounters with the halfling (being a CR 3 himself), so 1600 altogether. Treasure is yet to be determined.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

"They will be soon," Eanos responds to Phedilo's first question. He rushes to the animal companion's side, starting to apply the magics of the wand in his possession. There, he has an angle to see the angelic judge lift her blade to kill the caster.

"Hold, Sauvressa," he asks. "Maybe angels can, but I can't get any intel from a dead man."

[sblock=ooc][MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], I'll let you roll however many wand charges you need for Tanihwa. Ditto anyone else who wants healing.

As to the caster, Eanos would like to question him, though if everyone else wants him dead and gone sooner rather than later, I can work with that.[/sblock]

Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"No ... angel! Wait! Maui will take his life! Twice his dogs have struck my friend down!

He moves in face full of death as Eanos calls them to a halt.

"What is this intel you speak of Jade Arrow? We can search his corpse for your intel! His life corrupts this place! I send it upon its way!"

Maui raises his blade once more,obviously not understanding what this mysterious intel is.

Qik

First Post
Despite the very real threat that the halfling posed only moments ago, Phedilo seems absolutely aghast at the notion of killing him in cold blood. "Oh my...if I may interject, I must side with Master Eanos on this one. Contact with the Ears is rare, so it would behoove us to learn as much as possible whilst the opportunity presents itself."

Despite the potential validity of his rationalization, the party gets the feeling that Phedilo's objection stems as much from his uneasiness with the idea of killing a helpless individual, enemy or no, as anything else.

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to give you some more time to come to a consensus on this.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
OOC: I the player am fine with not killing him. He's from a group that is Eanos' arch enemy if I understood correctly. Someone will need to explain to explain that to Maui however. In a way he can understand of course. Healing Taniwha will no doubt calm him down ... he's so furious he hasn't even checked he is alive.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim energy washes away from him as his shoulders slump as the last of the dogs fall. He half notices the discussion going over the fate of the caster that plagued them. He walks slowly over, sweat beading on the brow of his shaved head. "If'n he has information that could prove useful ta the others, then let one of our casters bind 'im so he won't be doin' more magics." Fulgrim states.

"I don't like 'em anymore than anyone else." Fulgrim continues. "His durned dogs near be the death 'o me if it hadn't been fer Eanos 'ere. But we're better den them, right?"

"Best be makin' a decision though, we 'ave a ship to catch." Fulgrim adds as he studies the street.

jkason

First Post

"Secrets, Maui. He has secrets. About others like him. If we want to stop them from doing more like this," here the man indicates the wounded cat, "We need him alive to get answers from, yes?"

Qik

First Post
Phedilo shifts his weight nervously. Perhaps the topic of conversation - whether or not to kill a being - has something to do with it, but by this stage, the group has (correctly) gotten the sense that Phedilo is also just an anxious person.

"Uhm, again, I hate to interrupt, but if I may, Master Fulgrim is correct: the longer we wait, the greater the risk we run that the ship I have chartered will have left without its cargo." Phedilo glances back at the cart where Tamarel is watching over the stone, and then turns his attention back to the group. "Perhaps we can bind him and bring him with us, and then interrogate him once we have delivered the stone?" The unspoken sense here is that Phedilo hopes to be rid of the chore as soon as possible.

Remove ads