• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Precious Cargo

Qik

First Post
Swinging his axe from his back, Fulgrim manages to land a killing blow on the wounded dog looming over him; he quickly scrambles to his feet.

The halfling seems shocked at the mention of his goddess' name, though he recovers quickly. "You speak of only your own fate, heathen! I am a true servant of the Whisperer, and I do only her bidding!" His smile reveals a row of filthy teeth when Eanos' arrow fires wide.

[sblock=OOC]I hadn't really thought out what the summoner would do if you either didn't spot him from this distance or didn't show your hand right away, but an attack was certainly imminent. So basically: what you did makes sense, and who knows what would have happened if you had tried to play it cool.

Also, for the record, the summoner did NOT roll as high as he could on this specific summons. :)

Resolved actions: Fulgrim lands a killing blow on the dog before him; Taniwha is now stable; Eanos' shot misses.

Question: @jkason , did you intend to have Eanos step to where he doesn't provoke from the dog when he fires? Because unless I'm missing something, firing from D1 provokes.

Tamarel/Sauvressa to act, then the baddies.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
OOC: Please retcon Temarel's last action to a Guidance spell on Sauvressa.

As Sauvressa envisions a clear path to her target she sings out a terrible threat and swears to the halfling as she sails towards him on wings of vengeance. "You who have assaulted my flesh, consorted with demons, and threatened my beloved! By judgement from authority most high your life is deemed forfeit! Prepare to receive the sentence!"

Turning to the halfling in the cart Temarel says. "Single minded isn't she? I hope you have more tricks up your sleeve friend as this looks to get ugly before it gets better."

This being said he lets two arrows sail from his bow to impact the creature assaulting Eanos. (assuming he 5ft shifted out of the way).

[sblock=Actions]Temarel will full attack the wolf that was attacking eanos. Sauvressa will double move to E,-7. Should have plenty of room. If Temarel downs the wolf attacking Eanos than she should be able to make it without provoking AoO's if Temarel doesn't than she will provoke one AoO from Dog1.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Temarel
Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (14 without shield/flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 14
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Comp. Longbow
Summons Left: 5/day
Spells Slots Remaining: 1st: 1

Sauvressa
Initiative: +1
AC: 19 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Glaive
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Sauvressa moves like a creature of retribution across the battlefield, paying no heed to the summoned dog's attempt to attack her. As she closes in on the halfling, the group sees an expression of fear begining to shadow his face.

Even so, the halfling manages a snarl at Tamarel's words as he takes a step back, gesturing to his eidolon as he does so. The wolfish creature steps up and throws everything it can muster at its celestial counterpart, a flurry of claws and fangs, but Sauvressa coolly deflects each of the attacks. One of the remaining dogs charges into the fray and manages to be more successful than the wolf-eidolon, landing a viscous bite. Still, Sauvressa remains steadfast.

The caster crouches into a protective position and lets forth a spell, losing his transparency as he does so. The ground beneath Sauvressa grows slippery, but she once again manages to keep her feet. The summoner's eyes grow wide with panic.

Across the alleyway, the remaining dog steps up and snaps at Eanos, but the inquisitor manages to evade its jaws. Tamarel fires a pair of arrows at the creature, one of which finds its mark, embedding itself in the dog's hind flank.

From his position on the cart, Phedilo watches wide-eyed, clutching the reigns of his pony in a thus-far successful attempt to keep the creature from panicking.

[sblock=OOC]Ooo, this is getting interesting now. Nice move, Tark.

The dog misses its AoO on Sauvressa. Wolf-creature 5' steps, full attacks, completely misses. Dog comes in, avoids the AoO, and lands a bite on Sauvressa for 13 damage. Other dog 5' steps, misses Eanos.

Caster 5' steps, succeeds in casting defensively, casts Grease, Sauvressa makes her Reflex save. The drama!

I assumed Eanos meant to move to D2 to avoid the AoO when he shot; correct me if I'm wrong, jk.

Think that's it; PCs up. Good luck![/sblock][sblock=Map]
en-route2.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=21076]IronWolf[/MENTION] Do you want me to stay out of the way so you can charge caster? Can you reach from there?

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=ooc]

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - I can reach F/-5 if I charge. Not sure, [MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION] will I be able to attack the caster in G/-6 if I am in F/-5? If so then charging ahead will likely be Fulgrim's best action.

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Attacking G/-6 from F/-5 is fine, but can Fulgrim occupy that space with Taniwha there?[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Taniwha is stable, but unconscious, right? If so from the Moving Through a Square portion of the Combat section

d20pfsrd said:
Ending Your Movement

You can't end your movement in the same square as another creature unless it is helpless.

And then the helpless condition includes unconscious.

So I think it is a legit move for Fulgrim if Taniwha is considered helpless at the moment. Ultimately it is your call if we are pushing the envelope too much though - I trust your GMing, so I am fine with whatever call you make.

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I really appreciate that, IronWolf, but I'm still a fairly green RPGer, so I know I've got a lot to learn!

I wasn't completely clear that one could end one's turn in the square of a helpless creature, but the excerpt you posted clarifies things. So by all means, proceed![/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim does not like the way the battlefield is unfolding as the group once again finds themselves under pressure from the caster's summoned beings. With the dead dog to his side and back on his feet, Fulgrim's muscles tense as he holds the haft of his axe with practiced hand and slips into a rage. Bellowing a powerful cry he launches himself across the distance towards the corner of the alley. Closing the distance surprisingly quick for one of his size, Fulgrim makes a vicious swing of his axe upon the caster.

[sblock=OOC]

Fulgrim rages and then charges F/-5 to attack the caster at G/-6.

Rats - a +11 to hit and I likely miss... Rolling damage, just in case.

Raging, Power Attack -- 1d20+11=13
Damage -- 1d12+10=12

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 30 Raging: 47 Current: 36
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 36
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 3/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui rushes in to the fray slashing his sword at the strange creature defending the most hated of summoners. But alas his mind strays towards his fallen comrade and his attack is weak and inaccurate.

[sblock=Actions] Move to E5 and scimitar attack vs Eidalon [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 18
HP: 21 Current: 20
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +5

Conditions:

In Hand: Scimitar: +6; 1d6+4 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: CLW x2: Both USED, Obscuring Mist: USED

Taniwha
Initiative: +6
AC: 18
HP: 23 Current: -2
CMB: +3 CMD: 19 (23 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +9 Will: +2

Conditions: Unconscious (stable)

Bite: +8; 1d4+1 special: Trip
2x Claws: +8; 1d2+1
[/sblock]