• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Precious Cargo

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, sorry about that. The reason for the handwaving in the last encounter had been because you were getting jumped in the midst of boarding the cart, it felt as though I was penalizing you all if I had you a) all get in the cart and then have to jump out, or b) I arbitrarily chose who was or was not in the cart. Sorry for the inconsistency on that, though.

Everyone but Eanos still to act.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim jumps down from the cart and moves up against the wall of the alley and moves as quickly as he can towards the intersection ahead.

[sblock=OOC]

Move action to exit the cart. 30' move to F7 (I think I can reach there).

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Rage: 4/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui reaches down from the cart and touches Taniwha's tail. "Te ra!" It begins to give off a bright glow. "Ka mate Taniwha! Attack!"

The cheetah becomes a blur of action as it closes ground quickly on their invisible foe, jaws snapping at the crouching figures neck. Meanwhile Maui gets down from the cart and draws his scimitar shouting:

"There is no escape Dog Master! Te cat has you in its paws!"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Cast Light on Taniwha's tail.
Handle Animal: Attack
Taniwha charges the invisible guy
Move: Get out of cart at E10
[/sblock]

OOC: I'm really not sure how lethal dmg works when you take a potion. The potion Maui took left him with still 1 HP of dmg.

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 18
HP: 21 Current: 20 (+4 non lethal damage)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +5

Conditions:

In Hand: Scimitar: +6; 1d6+4 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: CLW x2: Both USED, Obscuring Mist: USED

Taniwha
Initiative: +6
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 19 (23 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +9 Will: +2

Conditions:

Bite: +8; 1d4+1 special: Trip
2x Claws: +8; 1d2+1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The way I read this entry, when you use a potion, it heals the same amount of nonlethal damage as it does lethal damage. So if you roll a 6 for a CLW potion, it heals 6 nonlethal damage in addition to 6 lethal damage. So Maui should be good to go.

Tamarel/Sauvressa to act to end the round.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
Sauvressa calls out a terrible and beautiful warsong as she bounds foward off the cart with her glaive pointing forward almsot before Temarel can throw another protective ward over her. As others try to rush the caster Temreal calls out. "Don't get too far away! We still must protect the cargo!"

[sblock=OOC]Temarel Standard: Cast MAge Armor on Sauvressa. Move to sauvressa's position on the cart after sh bounds off. Sauvressa will move to D3 after getting off cart.[/sblock]

Temarel
Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (14 without shield/flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 14
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Comp. Longbow
Summons Left: 5/day
Spells Slots Remaining: 1st: 1

Sauvressa
Initiative: +1
AC: 19 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 25
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Glaive
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=72304]Tark[/MENTION]: As per this post and the subsequent confirmation, Sauvressa's mage armor from before is still running. I'm going to give you a bit of time to retcon while I down some lunch, then I'm going to push ahead and let you retcon as desired after the fact.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Even in the midst of springing into action, the group manages to cherish the shocked expression on the summoner's face as he realizes he's visible to them. Standing flat-footed, surprised, he makes an easy target for Taniwha, who lands a solid bite on the halfling. Stepping back, the spellcaster wipes the blood from his face, and recites the now-familiar incantation of summoning.

A trio of dogs appear, each attacking the first party member they see: one lands a viscous bite on Taniwha, another a similarly-lethal bite on Eanos, and the third charges ahead at Fulgrim. Sauvressa is quick to deal the creature a mighty blow, but it continues on, near death, and manages to bite Fulgrim in spite of the grievous wound, sending the dwarf down onto the road.

Unfortunately for the group, there's more: the summoner's eidolon emerges from the darkness of the alleyway and lands another bite on Taniwha, once again sending the cat to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]Whew - I never would have thought how emotionally taxing it is to be on the GM's side of the screen, especially when things go your way. Out of the four attack rolls I made that round, three were confirmed criticals. My lord.

Eanos takes 17 damage, Taniwha takes 12 and 13 respectively for a total of 25 (placing her at -2 and dying), and Fulgrim takes 11 damage and is tripped (in spite of his dwarfy bonus). On the plus side, Sauvressa landed her AoO against the dog which charged Fulgrim, dealing 16 damage, including Power Attack (1 shy of downing the creature, unfortunately).

Sorry guys - I'm really not trying to kill you, I swear. :blush:

PCs up.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
en-route1.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui rushes forward. His silence speaks far greater volumes of the suffering their foe is about to go through if Maui reaches him than any scream of rage could convey.

[sblock=Actions] Maui double moves avoid OAtks to E-1
[/sblock]

OOC: Using real dice as opposed to digital dice is a big advantage IMHO. But in any case we were dumb to attack him from so far away. We should have played dumb and got closer.

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
HP: 21 Current: 20
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +5

Conditions:

In Hand: Scimitar: +6; 1d6+4 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: CLW x2: Both USED, Obscuring Mist: USED

Taniwha
HP: 23 Current: -2
CMB: +3 CMD: 19 (23 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +9 Will: +2

Conditions: Dying

Bite: +8; 1d4+1 special: Trip
2x Claws: +8; 1d2+1
[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim strikes at the dog near him from the ground with his axe as he tries to take its legs out from under it. After the dog falls, Fulgrim stands and prepares to move himself closer to the battle.

[sblock=OOC]

Power Attacking from the ground, already subtracted 4 from attacking from a prone position.

Power Attack -- 1d20+3=19
Damage -- 1d12+4=12

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 30
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 36
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Rage: 4/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]
Using real dice as opposed to digital dice is a big advantage IMHO.

Especially when the summoning dice are apparently only capable of rolling max. ;)

But in any case we were dumb to attack him from so far away. We should have played dumb and got closer.

My assumption from the 'no surprise, both sides are ready' line was that our not acting = summoner goes first, so all we'd be doing is losing a round of actions. It's entirely possible I misinterpreted that, though, and mea culpa for leading the charge in that case. My rolls this round aren't helping me or Eanos win any further favor, I'm afraid.[/sblock]

Eanos curses himself for giving in to instinct instead of planning when the dogs appear, and tries to course-correct.

"Maui! Tamerel! Start peppering the field with .... aaaah!"

The archer cries out in pain as the dog's jaws tear into his shoulder, nearly managing to hit the vital arteries of his neck. He lifts his cestus as if to bash the dog in retaliation, then he takes a step back, fighting down the pain to focus.

"We can see you now, little man, remember?" He says, voice cold and even despite the blood running down his arm. "And we know your secret: kill you, kill all of them. Say hello to Issolatha for me when she casts you down to a hell realm for smearing her name, will you?"

Eanos fires, though his injured shoulder makes aiming difficult.

[sblock=actions]Move: 5' step to D1
Standard: Longbow attack. I believe dogs being on all fours means they don't count as soft cover (at least, that's how it worked in Roaming Dead), so I rolled without. Pretty sure it missed, since I can't imagine he doesn't have mage armor active, but I can always hope for overconfidence in his invisibility spell...

Longbow attack; Damage (1d20+6=12, 1d8+1=8)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 6
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: See Invisibility: 10 minutes, renewed by Phedilo on expire.
Light (on cestus): ~25 minutes

In Hand: Compound Longbow

Arrows: 19/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 36/50 remaining

Judgement: 0/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Remove ads