• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Precious Cargo

Tark

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Alrighty so, fun question. If I'm makign an acrobatics to check to move through the grease, as well as acrobatics checks to avoid AoO's, how fast am I moving? For obvious reasons Sauvressa is not letting this guy get away. Second question would be how many acorbatics checks would I need ot make uf Sauvressa moved from her spot to F,-8 then to G,-7?[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=OOC]
I assumed Eanos meant to move to D2 to avoid the AoO when he shot; correct me if I'm wrong, jk.

Was unable to get online over the weekend. Apologies for the delay. Yes, I had intended to move Eanos out of AoO range and mis-read the grid again. Blech. Sorry 'bout that.[/sblock]

Realizing he'll never be able to move far enough to get an angle on the retreating caster if he can't free himself of the dog, Eanos takes a step back, setting his jaw and focusing his eye. An unnatural calm falls on him as he pulls back, then sends an arrow plunging deep into the canine's chest.

[sblock=actions]Move: 5' step to E2 (directly south of his current position and out of AoO range, in case I misread again).
Standard: Longbow attack against summoned dog. Point Blank Shot gives +1 attack and damage. Using Deadly Aim to take -1 attack for +2 damage. Net result no extra attack bonus, +3 damage. I screwed up the formatting when I rolled at IC, but should be a 16 attack, 10 damage:

Longbow attack (PBS, Deadly Aim) vs. Dog;damage (1d20+6, 1d8+4=[10, 6], [6, 4])[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 6
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: See Invisibility: 10 minutes, renewed by Phedilo on expire.
Light (on cestus): ~25 minutes

In Hand: Compound Longbow

Arrows: 18/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 36/50 remaining

Judgement: 0/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay myself; I don't usually get to my computer until later in the afternoon on Mondays.

I would appreciate it if anyone else had some input to give on Tark's questions; I don't have a quick answer for them. As to the issue of movement speed, I would say that the "penalty" of moving at half-speed doesn't stack - i.e. one doesn't move at a 1/4 speed when doing two things that require moving at half speed. So unless anyone else has an opinion, that'll be my ruling on that.

As far as the number of AoOs/acrobatics checks: I would say three.

Again, feel free to chime in, All, but those are my thoughts.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
For a moment the halfling believes his diabolical tricks and cowardly tactics will save him, but jsut as it seems safety is within his reach sauvressa's war song crescendos as her glaive, guided by Temarel's minor magic, comes crashing down on the halfling like judgment from on high.

The next bit is assuming he survives.

Then with the agility of death itself she twirls her glaive before her fending off claw and fang as she nearly floats over the grimy terrain and once more looms over her chosen target with the fury of an old and wrathful god.

Temarel, feeling that this is going far too well scans the alleywqays, corners, and checks on the stone to make sure this is not simply a distraction.

[sblock=Actions]Sauvressa will glaive punk the summoner before makign the aforementioned move next to the halfling. Temarel will ready an action to fire on any stranger approaching the cart.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Right then let's get those rolls out of the way then. Oh! There are my good rolls![/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As to the issue of movement speed, I would say that the "penalty" of moving at half-speed doesn't stack - i.e. one doesn't move at a 1/4 speed when doing two things that require moving at half speed. So unless anyone else has an opinion, that'll be my ruling on that.

There's probably an argument to be made for them to stack, along the lines that anything that makes it harder for you to stand also makes it harder for you to perform agile maneuvers to avoid being hit, but since there are also half-speed actions that I would think wouldn't logically impede one another, I think it's probably just easier on one's sanity to simplify the rule there to a flat "half speed for all" as you've done.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Eanos manages to bury an arrow in the dog's collarbone to match the one protruding from its flank. Still, the fierce hound presses on, matching Eanos' step and snapping at him with its jaws. Eanos avoids the bite with a quick side step. To the east, Tamarel scans the area in an effort to find reinforcements for the summoner, but he sees no one.

Fulgrim and Maui both close in on the alleyway, with the barbarian's greataxe swinging wide of the halfling. The caster has no chance to gloat, however, as Sauvressa strikes him fiercely with her glaive, almost completely severing the halfling's arm at the shoulder. Clutching at his wound, the caster watches wide-eyed as the eidolon dances through the greased patch and into the alleyway, fending off all would-be attacks from the summoner's minions and coming to rest right next to her foe. The halfling's eidolon lashes out, landing a bite on her, but it would seem to be too little too late.

Still, the halfling is unwilling to give up just yet. Taking a step backwards to move momentarily out of Fulgrim's reach, the caster begins another incantation, but in his efforts to guard against Sauvressa's presence, he miscasts the spell. He curses as his magical energies discharge erroneously, the fear at his current situation palpable.

[sblock=OOC]Good guys: Eanos hits, though the dog is still standing. Fulgrim and Maui miss. Sauvressa succeeds in pretty much everything, but the halfling is still alive for the time being.

Bad guys: Both dogs miss their attacks. The eidolon wolf lands a bite on Sauv for 6 damage. Halfling 5' steps, casts defensively, fails his concentration check.

Also, if he somehow manages to survive this round, I'll probably have to expand the map slightly southward so that he can keep retreating. The alley goes on for ~20 more feet than currently pictured.

PCs up. Reap your revenge![/sblock][sblock=Map]
en-route3.png
[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
Not letting the momentum of her assault falter Sauvressa unleashes her assault on the halfling in an attempt to finish once and for all. Temarel meanwhile slips off the cart and fires at the dog attempting to kill Eanos in an attempt to take pressure off the inquisitor.

[sblock=Actions] Temarel will get off the cart and shoot at the dog at eanos. Sauvress will full attack with natural wepaons and then 5ft shift south back next to the halfling.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Temarel
Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (14 without shield/flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 23 Current: 14
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Comp. Longbow
Summons Left: 5/day
Spells Slots Remaining: 1st: 1

Sauvressa
Initiative: +1
AC: 19 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 29 Current: 6
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Glaive
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Leaping high, Sauvressa unleashes her footclaws on the halfling, for which he has no defense; as he collapses in a heap onto the ground, the wolf-creature vanishes into thin air. Still, the summoned dogs fight on, heedless that theirs is a losing effort.

[sblock=OOC]The halfling is now at negative hitpoints and is dying. His eidolon, the wolf-creature, is unsummoned. There are still the summoned dogs to contend with, though.

Fulgrim, Eanos, and Maui to act.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim gives a satisfied nod as the caster falls, sorry only that it wasn't his axe that felled him. Wasting little time he takes in the current threats and strikes out at the dog near him.

[sblock=OOC]

Attack E/-6

Raging, Power Attack -- 1d20+9=25
Damage -- 1d12+10=13

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 30 Raging: 47 Current: 36
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 36
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 2/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]

Treasure
1 potion of CLW

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui strikes out at the badly wounded dog savagely hoping to finish it.

[sblock=Actions] Scimitar attack on dog next to him [/sblock]

Remove ads